Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

*SPOILERS* What are your thoughts on the game?

I want to add my vote to the "love it, wish it was longer" crowd. However, I do understand the logic in releasing the game in chunks. People don't have to wait for the entire game to be complete in order to play and your well-deserved income is a little steadier instead of flood-or-famine.

I also think AV3 Ch.1 is the best Aveyond yet.

Forgot another new feature that I love. In AV1, I really stopped buying new gear for the secondary characters and I never really played with them. "Dance with the one you brought" because you couldn't try new characters without costing another levels. I used the AV2 level goodie just to play with everyone, but it felt like cheating.

Now, Stella sits outside of combat and I don't need to activate her for her to heal the party at the end of a fight. I get to play with anybody, any time I chose. I love that change.

Also great upgrade to have more than four attackers at a time. I think the most I had was seven.

I also would like it if we could have more than 4 active party members, but that seems to be the norm for most games like this. The onscreen characters would have to be smaller I suppose in order to have more than 4. I like how in this game you don't have to have the level up goodie cave to have your characters in reserve at the same level. This would have been nice in av2 for the battles emma has to do in seri.

I am delighted with AV3. The Aveyond series is the only RPG games that I have ever enjoyed. AV3 is also the first game that I have played without a walkthrough, tho I have needed a few hints from the forum.

Delivering the wine helped me know where next, cute idea. I am on my second playing since I missed the catacombs on my first go. I also found my first and second goodie caves this time.

The graphics are awesome and I like the disappearing corpses so I don't forget if I have searched the body. My favorite graphic is the floating cloud shadows in Sinoa Plains. I did find the ending abrupt even when warned by the forum.

The chapter concept does not bother me, the wait for chapter 2 does :( I am an over 65 female so not sure if I fit the demographics, but I think AV3 is a great way to spend some time.

You should create a new thread if you're stuck enough that you need some help to continue - players will be able to give you tips.

I'm just not sure if you're saying you're stuck, but working on it, or you're stuck, and need help :)

Glad you like it so far though :)

Well, the tutorial is very funny.:)

The battle system.. I expected to change a little...

The characters:

Mel: She looks very cute for a street urchin ^_^

Edward: Of course, a handsome prince.:loving:_:loving:

Stella: A cute girl.:) ( She made me angry when she hugged Edward.:x ).

Te'ijal: Hm, for a vampire she looks lovely.;)

Galahad: A man who doesn't believe in magic and is always willing to help any maiden in danger.:lol:

The sprites are cool and the facesets too.:)

Oh, and I love that 'start menu' :D Is very nice.;)

smallbrowncat -- I'm just a young'un of 62, but I think we're right in there on the demographics! These games suit me right down to the ground! I think there are more of us granny gamers than people think there are.

I really LOVED the game!

i really really did!

i finished the game in 1 day...

lolz...addicted player so yea :]

i had earlier started the game and then got stuck so

i had started again...and by luck i finished it and stumbled on 2 goodie caves!

The Money and Best Armour one..

btw i really found this funny..i reme,bered that 1 person had said that why it had to be based on Twilight..and im a huge Twilight Saga fan..i didn't think the Vampires Sparkled or anything of that sort..

but yea while playing the game to stumble across people whose names r similar to the Twilight characters..but those r just names..

i met Edward(all of u did), Lady Bella and Emmett..

nywho i luv the game and if i was a critic i'd give it a 4.7/5...[i wanted more goodies!] :] lolz

1 thing i dis-liked was that the game was short..i can't wait for Aveyond: Gates Of Night...!

plz post in your views on Aveyond 3 : Lord Of Twilight

:]

those are entirely coincidental, since names have been around forever before being inducted into any fiction, be it book, movie or game. In fact, if anything, Edward Pendragon is most likely named after the Kings of England with the same name, since the Pendragons are the historical rulers of Britain (have you read King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table?).

Merged topics

A lot of people speculated on where ideas came from before they'd actually played the game, or asked the developer.

And hey - what's the big idea deducting marks because you wanted more goodie caves? It's not OUR fault if you couldn't find the rest ... :D

Glad you enjoyed it so much.

For the most part I like it. I do wish, however, that after the TBC part it would let you play more so you can work on leveling up your characters some more. (Plus I wanted to return to Professor Moo!) And while the autosave says it's saved from the ending on, it doesn't say my regular save - though I did tell it to save there - doesn't say it's saved there.

I played on the easy level, which is just fine to me. I like the fact that when you level up - at least on that level - that it refills your bar.

I wish Professor Moo would let you hatch the level up eggs! LOL I want to see what kind of creature lays those.

Edit: Oh, I would also like it if we could turn the music off, but leave the sound effects on. I like listening to my own music while playing, but I would've loved to have heard the crickets and other little background noises all the same.

JamiSings, you can do that. Next time you have the game open, press F1 on your keyboard. That will bring up the controls, and you can uncheck BGM/ME (Background Music/Music Effects). Then, as long as you have the sound turned on there and in Options, you will have sounds but no Music. I play that way pretty often. :)

I wonder if you could also put into the options on the music a volume control. My computer doesn't have speakers, so I use my headphones, which don't have a volume control on them. Just a thought. But sometimes the music is loud. Or is there some way to reduce the volume through the computer? I'd be grateful if someone could direct me how to do that. Thanks.