Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

*SPOILERS* What are your thoughts on the game?

Ok - a warning. If you haven't played yet, or finished playing yet, you might not want to read on, as there could well be some spoilers/surprises following.

Someone asked if there was a place to give game feedback, and there's really nothing set up, so I'm making a place right here.

Feel free to post your thoughts on the game.

The game is the best Amanda's done so far...it easily beats all of the other rpgs out there, and I honestly think it's well on the way of bieng named "And the Game of the Year Award goes to...Aveyond: Lord of Twilight!" Really, the game's awesome. Has one person who's played it (further than the tutrial) not liked it ALOT???

Edit: My favorite feature(however small) is the disappearing corpses. The graphics are amazing, and the sounds/muisic are the best things about the game other than the game itself. :D And the feature that the chars. in reseve get experence is going to make me love the game more.(Im not far enough th have reserve chars.) It's going to make the game much easier, choosing chars. as needed.

Never wrote a review..yesterday it was my first one on gamezebo about AV3 XD Well I'll try my best :D

I love the game!!! I can't wait for chapter no.2 :) The thing is that you can't take your hands off it. Even if you try to take a brake your thoughts are going to be in AV3 XD You'll asking yourself "What's next?" etc.

Yeah yesterday I decided to go to bed but couldn't sleep so I turned on the PC again and finished the game :lol:

one word: OBSESSED

*****SPOILERS !!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED OR FINISHED THE GAME!!!*****

There are many things that I like :)

*CHARACTERS*

The characters are great. They are all so different. The only character that probably won't like is Lydia, but who knows, maybe she'll change just like Lars :) and she'll grow on me :D

Te'ijal, Galahad, Mel, Stella and Edward make such a great team. Four of them are really strong (especially Edward with Excalibur) and one of them(our cute Stella) is a weakling that can use magic, but she is a very nice character and you just have to have her in your party (because of her healing abilities).

Other thing that I like is that you can choose between Stella and Mel about the attraction points (don't know about Lydia, since she'll be in Chapter no.2 - I guess lol) Too bad that there wasn't something like this in AV1, I bet Lars fans would loved it :(

*TUTORIAL, MENU*

Love the tutorial :) I think it is very helpful for those who are new in playing RPG's. The thing that there are red arrows showing you the way if you don't want to explore and you're lazy is very helpful too lol.

The only thing that bothers me is when I tried to turn them off (went to options, picked: tutorial off, exited and load it the game) I couldn't so I started the game from the very beginning lol XD Luckily I wasn't too far:P

The menu is similar to Aveyond 2 (I love it XD) with a new addition. I love the menu shortcut on the bottom of the screen. That's very helpful and it gives even much better look to the game.

*STORY PLOT*

This wouldn't be an Aveyond without an awesome story ;) I love the story. It's so dark and mysterious. I think that AV 1 and 2 (especially 2) look like games for small kids compared with this one (I don't have anything against them..You all know I LOVE THEM!!!)

I love the beginning of the game. Maybe it is weird but it made me cry. It was so tragic.

Also you didn't had any tasks like picking flowers etc. You have a real action from the very beginning, which totally rocks (because the tutorial is separated from the game probably).

I can't describe how I felt when Te'ijal made her debut in AV3 XD It was just awesome. That girl is amazing :loving:

Also when Galahad decided to rescue her was so touching XD And the thing that those men in the tavern thought that he's a drunk was hilarious :lol:

I love the dialogs, they are full with humour like always, which makes the game even more enjoyable :)

*MAPS, TOWNS, DUNGEONS*

Probably one of my most favorite things in the game are the maps. The maps are HUGE!!! You can get lost easily :D Also I love how big THAIS is and other towns as well. I never noticed so big towns in a game before (except for maybe Everlong but I'm not sure lol). They look so beautiful!!!

I can't pick a fav dungeon cause I love them all :D I love the Spider Den XD And the way Witchwood was filled with spiders after .. you know what lol XD And I love the Moo Hatchery :D

*GRAPHICS, EFFECTS*

The graphics are awesome, way better than AV2 :) But it's understandable because it is a newer game :lol:

Also I love the effects ex: that mage girl in the academy and that jumping student XD They were so cute XD

*MUSIC*

The name Aaron Walz says enough, don't you think?! ;)

*GUILDED PEOPLE*

It was really cool to see familiar faces in the game :lol: They all look so cute :D Can't wait to meet some DL's, Enchanters and Druids in the next chapter ;) Especially one druidess :lol: and solve some guild connected side quests XD

Well this is all for now, if I think of something else I'll edit my post. I'm still so excited about the game, but I doubt that someone isn't :)

Am I right?! :lol:

Moony

It is brilliant, but ridiculously short. I have finished it in 6 hours =((( Other than that, I love the game. Stella is annoying, but I guess there must be someone like this in the party. I can't wait to see the development of romantic relationships. Mel and Edward really suit each other and it is kind of good to see that Mel has a love rival. Te'ijal is cooler than she was before and I am glad that her husband is finally falling for her.

I'm not anywhere close to finished yet - just haven't had the time to really sit down and focus. I'm currently having a devil of a time trying to keep Te'ijal and Galahad alive long enough to get them to the Overworld. Anyway, I gives what feedback I can right now.

STUFF I TOTALLY DIG:

1. I love the music. It's awesome and captures the spirit of the locations excellently. Props to Aaron Walz!

2. The scenery/maps are beautiful. The artwork is amazing. The colors are rich, the detail amazing.

3. I like the "disappearing corpses" feature, wherein they vanish once you've collected your loot after battle. Nice touch.

4. If I read it correctly during the tutorial, battle experience is earned by ALL characters, including those in reserve? That is a terrific feature. Love it. Of course, I'm not far enough into the game to HAVE reserve characters...but when I am, I know I will love it.

QUESTION: does that work the same for resting? If I go to an inn, will my reserve characters' stats refresh, or will I need to switch my party and rest again?

5. The plotline switches (from Mel to Te'ijal and back to Mel again) are unique, interesting, and give an challenging twist to the game. The only thing that concerns me a little bit about that is that - for me, at the moment - I am stuck, as I cannot keep Te'ijal alive long enough to get her to Overworld. Those little green things keep killing her. In previous Aveyond games, if I knew where I needed to go to advance the story, but the monsters were too strong, I simply went out and hunted up a few more levels until I was ready. But I can't do that now. It makes it more of a challenge, definitely, and therefore more interesting. But I may completely change my mind about that if, by Sunday night, I'm still stuck and have depleted my food and money supplies to where I simply cannot continue.

STUFF I'M NOT TOO KEEN ON:

1. The order of the menu items (not the menu at the bottom of the screen, but the menu you bring up when you click Escape). I prefer to use the keyboard controls when playing Aveynod and the "Items" menu is halfway down the column. A bit of a pain to have to hit the arrow key to go down every time I want to use an item. I would prefer it if the "Item" menu item to be closer to the top. This is not something that is totally ruining the game for me, it's just a mild annoyance and a preference.

2. Green Warp Eggs. I like the idea, but are they supposed to work every time you use one, or are they a random event? Reason I ask is that I attempted to use one during the first plotline switch, when Te'ijal was trying to convince Galahad to help her. Those skeletons were destroying Galahad and I had nothing to help him with, so I tried to warp out of there and it did not work. Now, given the extended scene that happens after that fight is over, I wondered if perhaps the egg was disabled for that particular battle, so you wouldn't miss the scene. If that is true, and the eggs will work all the time during the rest of the game, then I like the feature just fine. However, if they are a random event, then I'm not really liking the idea of something so rare being so random. If I could purchase a bunch of them at a store and they were random, well, that's OK. But randomness and rareness just don't go together.

resting - yes, i believe so.

te'ijal - find the cursed armor and equip it on her. it will reduce damage to about 10 per enemy. then keep using drain. oh, and deactivate galahad so he doesn't get killed.

items - yeah me too.

green warp eggs - i believe it's not random. it's just because that fight is a storyline battle.

te'ijal - find the cursed armor and equip it on her. it will reduce damage to about 10 per enemy. then keep using drain. oh, and deactivate galahad so he doesn't get killed.

Now why didn't I think of that? Deactivate Galahad. *hits forehead*

I sold the cursed armor I found so I'd have funds to purchase food to keep them alive.

Well...hmmm...I might just start the whoel game over again. We'll see.

Oh man I really LOVE the game. The tutorial was way cool with the shiny arrows, and when Te'ijial came out to save Mel I was super super happy and had actually felt triumphant! Its great to see them back (Gelahad too) I love the graphics and the plot so far! However, I can't hear any music, I wonder if there's anything wrong with my version? I've been clicking 'Switch On Music' for quite a number of times.

loh_wei_qi:

Press F1 on your keyboard, then make sure the box in front of 'Play BGM and ME' is checked.

If it is checked, and you have the music/sound tu4rned on in Options, you probably have a sound card issue.

Make sure your sound card drivers are up to date.

Also, you can run dxdiag (Start - Run - 'dxdiag.exe' - Enter) and run the tests on the Audio tabs. That may detect if you have a partly bad sound card. (And, in case you're wondering, yes, a sound card can be bad and still play MOST things.

Well, I"m still ofciialy struggling with my graduation which hjas moved its date to 11th July but for a reak from all the intellectualising I bought and tried the game.

It really is a very strong position. I do mind that it has been split into chapters because that way i will have to spend more money. Even if it;s just 10 dollars, in the long run, when it all accumulates...I'm just in two minds about that.

I like how you switch between parties. I like the choices that you can make for Edward.

More things like this and fans of each character may be content, Ibelieve. I love the day/night system. The story is unique and very well written. And i love the interaction between Galahad and his vampress. Haha, they are funny. They are the ones I am most fond of, the other characters haven't really grown on me yet, aside from Mel. She is very likeable ad a nice change from Iya and Ean, whom I thought were too wishy washy. Edward is annoying, to be frank. I don't like him at all but maybe he will become more pronounced, stronger in the course of this life-altering journey.

Stella is a charming creature though I started dreading the day when Ldia joins the company..even though she might evovle and even though she is likely to be an asset.

I love the maps, with beautiful, clear, lush graphics. I love the fact that you go to Aveyond and that it has evovled so much, heck I even love the witches, given that they connect with all previous games. the music is great.

I sense this chapter could lead in gazillions of directions, including a potential threat for Pendragons. Spying reeks of some potential forthcoming political disturbances and from my perspective this has a high chance of becoming really epic in scope, with many plot elements, which might be an advantage of "serial" prodution.

I think this is going to be the best game of the series so far, even if Av 1 the way it was released will remain my personal number one as it had my top favourite characters. I think Av 2 wuld be the weakest one. But av 3 is so unique in so many ways...the story is running very strong so far, it is logical and emerges from itself. It;s a blast to be offered somehing this well written.

The strength of your games lies in good scripting and making characters very likeable.And original soundtracks, too. It's really hard to describe but it just hits home with me. And it takes something unique to suck me in given that I'm a picky gamer.

In other words, despite it being completely convicned about chapters, I will definitely continue to support and purchase your games. You have showed me your hard work and quality, and I thank you. It's worth its price, divided or not.

Now back to that dissertation of mine.

Regards to all and see you in a month.

I felt the game itself was on par with the rest. I know what to expect from Amaranth Games now, so I wasn't disappointed. I like seeing the creatures/eggs from Grimm's Hatchery. Nice combo! :)

Per characters, I really could care less about Te'ijal and Galahad. I felt it was a bit of a cheat to have them SO much stronger than the team. I get why they're leveled, but it still felt a bit ... cheaty ... to me. I also hate Stella -- Mel is so much better. Edward was ticking me off, too, but he's seemed to subsided a bit. Hopefully, Stella's magical abitlities will endear her to me, but I'm doubtful. I've always been a brute force kind of RPG-er anyway ... ;)

However ...

I despise the chapter thing. There's no way that two parts of this game equal a previously released Aveyond game. I feel that getting the team to this point was about as long as it took me to get the team ready to begin rescuing the druids in AV1. And then I still had seven druids to rescue! Now, if in GoH, we still have a bunch of stuff to do, I guess I'd be okay with it. But I'm thinking, it's only three more keys and a showdown with Baddy McBad, the Lord of Twilight.

I also wish we could go back into the game after we've finished and continue to level up for the next chapter. I wandered around a bit in the forests south of ... I think it was Hamberg -- Mel's hometown -- whatever ... and I could totally wail on some of those creatures for a while. At least it's something to do while we wait!

So for the game, it's just what'd I'd expect from Amaranth -- nifty graphics, decent storyline, cool tunes. For game duration, I'd say 5/10. Hopefully the next installment is much longer! :)

scully, chapter two is quite long. Getting some of the keys takes a long time, with multiple visits to multiple continents & islands for some of them.

@scully_girl haven't tested the game, but from what the testers said the game is longer than the previous Aveyonds (which was the reason for 2 chapters) I'll take it that part no.2 is much longer and full with action ;)So don't feel disappointed ;)

I haven't finished it yet but so far I LOVE it. Love the storyline and the characters. Perhaps because I'm only part way through, it hasn't seemed like there have been many side quests like the last Aveyonds. Are there more to come or am I just missing on triggering them?

Excellent news...just about to go back to playing it! (I have been trying to savour it and keep from finishing it all at once!). Once last question-I've read on here that the Orb series could extend out to a number of chapters (maybe even 6?). Are the plans for the chapters to always center around the same characters (so really Mel as the main) or would they change viewpoints?

Amanda announced that AV3, 4 and 5 will be a trilogy.

So yes you can say that it will have 6 parts (2 for each game) :)

At this point, we don't know much yet. What we do know is that originally, before the idea of chapters was introduced, AVs 3, 4 and 5 were meant to be a trilogy. So yes, it's entirely possible that Mel will be the center point of the series, but who knows what will happen next?

I haven't finished yet, but I am really loving this game. I love the characters, even Galahad, whom I used to hate. I loved the fact that Te'ijal plays a big role in this game, and one of the only other things that could make it perfect for me is if Lars were there. I love Mel's character development, although Stella can be somewhat annoying.

I am somewhat confused about the second chapter. Is what I do in this chapter going to have an affect on what happens in the next chapter? And is the first chapter required to play the second chapter?

The only things I DON'T like about this game are minor annoyances. For one, the characters walk to slowly, because I am used to the speed crystal in Aveyond 1. Also, the menu order is confusing. Other than that, this game is great! I'm dreading the day that I finish it!

Yes it does affect the next chapter, but you'll be able to choose whether you wish to load your chapter 1 end save game into chapter 2, or start a new game in chapter 2. If you start a new game, you'll receive the default settings instead of the ones accumulated in chapter 1.

For the character speed, you'll have a chance to get an item that will improve it in Gates of Night. As for the menu order, I totally agree XD

My apologies if some members have answered these questions. I'm commenting as I read through, so I don't miss anything out.

@Moony - oops - must be a bug with those tutorial arrows. If you'd gone into a building and out again, they would have disappeared. I'll think about that and see if I can work something out in time for the patch.

@HongGilDong, I know you're not a fan of the chapters, but I will tell you that Stella really comes into her own in chapter 2, and if you like that Galahad appears to be falling for Te'ijal, then you will LOVE the end of chapter 2 - no matter WHAT you think would be the best thing to happen, NOTHING will prepare you for this little twist ;) So don't give up on us yet :)

@Rage, anything that says it affects the "entire party" WILL affect the entire party. Healing spells, level eggs, EXP after battle. Even sleeping at an Inn SHOULD restore HP/MP for active AND reserve party members. In Ghed'ahre, have Te'ijal and Galahad fight a little, then return to the Inn to rest - those little green guys drop HEAPS of loot, and honestly, this is one of my favourite places for battling, because you can get quite a nice amount of money before Mel has to leave Thais. Another thing is, have you tried Te'ijal's DRAIN skill? It's awesome! If she's lost some HP, have her use DRAIN, and she'll put a VERY quick end to them. Green warp eggs work in all battles except boss battles (vampires, gray wolf, poltergeist, giant spider, Heptitus). All the "normal" battles are fine.

Glad to hear you're all enjoying the game, even if you're not that pleased with the length or the chapter idea.