Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

*SPOILERS* What are your thoughts on the game?

I haven't once used Edward in the final (GoN) battle because his last upgrade was so much weaker than everyone else's.

But his and Galahad's strength were lifesavers when going into new areas and in battle in general. :)

Weaker?

I thought the Sun Diamond was quite powerful. I think the only melee weapons that can hit harder are Galahad's Thor and Ulf's Istorm.

I felt bad for Galahad in AV1. He got a really raw deal, the weaker armours and less possible weapons, his dialogue was all comic relief and he was a victim.

This time around, I had fun playing his character and I gave him every Mugwort - and Ulf, Teijhal and Edward all hit for more damage, even when he had Thor. At least there was good reason to use his character for most of the game.

Axes were Galahad's exclusive weapons in AV1. How come he can't use Istorm or any other axe?

Sorry for the confusion Tip, just randomly giving my thoughts on t \he game. Galahad is still weaker than the other fighters in the party after I did everything I could to power him up - though I didn't realize I had posted in LOT instead of GON, my bad.

I played Rhen's Quest earlier this year, then played Ahriman's Prophecy, and after that AV2, and started this new one last week, but sorry to say I'm quickly losing interest. My personal opinion is that the Aveyond games have gotten simpler with each fresh installment, and actions and decisions have become increasingly more game-directed. I enjoyed Rhen's Quest, and Ahriman's Prophecy perhaps more, because of that very thing -- the games early on in the series were more challenging. I know other people will disagree and that's ok, because what's fun for one may not be for another. Only speaking for myself here and no offense meant.

I wish Amaranth, or somebody!? :) create a deep and immersive game along the lines of Albion, the mid-1990's RPG classic. I recently played that one too, and will never forget it.

Aveyond Lord of Twilight was awesome! I am still playing it, and hopefully going to finish it soon. What I liked the best was the fights, graphics, sounds and the storyline. KEEP MAKING THOSE GAMES!

:D

:dragon:

Bye, and remember people, keep supporting AMARANTH games.

:hamster:

The plots in the Aveyonds are getting better and better and more original. :) Now Hannah's dad will never say that Aveyond is a bad game anymore.

Strangely enough, I'm anticapaiting A Gypsy's Tale more than AV3.3. I have a thing for Gypsies. :) I am, once again, astounded by the quality and irristability of the game. Though I realize it's lacking an element that was in the first AV game, it just plain doesn't matter because of everything else.:D

The games are an astounding series. There are no words. :D

I'm a big fan of both AV1 and AV2. I started AV3 yesterday and right now I'm fighting in the Dwarven Mines.

Overall I like it, but there are some things that annoy me... who knows, that might change, though.

1 - way too much plot in the beginning. My save game says I've been playing for 4 hours and my characters are still at level 8. In AV1 or AV2, I'd already be on level 25 or something. Quests are all very fun, but it should be balanced with fighting more, I think...

2 - Talk about fighting, I'm playing on easy and still having a hard time. Training goes excruciatingly slow because I barely get any exp. I feel like AV1 and AV2 were easier. I keep dying now, having to go the inn after every 2 fights. I'm not far in the game though, so who knows.

3 - I really miss a character who can do offensive magic. In AV1 and AV2, those were always my favourite ones to fight with. I love doing attacks on the entire enemy group in 1 go.

4 - I'm a tad annoyed with the entire "cool dark goth" thing that is going on. I don't know, people here are saying they think it's a lot more fun than picking flowers and nice happy elves, but I really miss the flowers and the elves here. It's nice to have a little balance between dark and light stuff.

These are just some suggestions :-) I'll review again when I actually finish the game, lol.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a clue as to what those Rogue 1 creatures in Red Rock Pass are supposed to be? It's easy to tell that the Rogue 2's are elven, but what about the Rogue 1's? Are they gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, hyenas, what???

There should be a quest to bury him... :(

I wonder if he was successfully buried (less likely) or eaten by the wolves (more likely).

That explains why the wolves all respawned in GoN! OMG! :o

@Freya: The first time through, I got stuck in the mines alot. I tried to follow the clues too directly. The mountain area has good level up options, and much easier fighting.

I think you can also end up there without Galahad and Teijhal if you go there directly, it's easier going through with the full party. It's been a while since I played through, so my memory might be going. The final fight at the end of the mine is very tough with only three. If you're not careful, you can even end up in the mine with only two characters, and then it's HARD.

It's frustrating making the wrong decisions, but I like that the decisions we get to make are real in their consequences. It encourages more creative approaches.

I like AV1 AND AV3.AV2 is somehow not to good for me. at technical it wasn't that bad, maybe the monster in AV3 LoT and GoN is a little bit to easy to defeat.