Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

Can't wait for the next chapter. I played the first one twice. Does anyone know how many chapter's there are. I love this one I beat the first aveyond and the second one already. Wish it was July already.

For the millionth time, or so it seems :D ...

The current game will be in TWO chapters/books, Lord of Twilight and Gates of Night.

If the chapter thing works well, Amanda plans to add four more chapters. So it will actually be like three full games, in TWO chapters each, totaling SIX chapters/books.

The six chapters are all part of the Orbs of Magic series, only 2 of which are what we were previously calling Aveyond 3. :)

Hmmm ... how do I explain this?

The games WERE going to be AV3, AV4 and AV5 - 3 different games, following the same story, all about the length of AV1 and AV2 (or, as it turns out, probably longer).

When the decision came to break them into chapters, AV3 became two chapters. We speculate that if AV4 and AV5 were to be the same length, each of those would become two chapters also.

But they would no longer be AV4 and AV5. They would all become chapters of AV3.

However, Amaranthia is the only place where these games are called AV3. To the rest of the world they are simply going to be known as the Orbs of Magic series.

So: AV3 = Orbs of Magic = at least two chapters, potentially 6 (for lack of a definite number).

AV4 and AV5 will be a couple of years away, and will be different stories, no longer a continuation of Mel's adventures.

:)

It's sad to hear that after gon comes out it will be a couple years before the next game comes out. I was expecting a new game every few months since they are being done like chapters. I guess it takes much longer to develop a game even if they are being broken up.

@Beth: No, no, no. You've got it wrong. The next chapter after GoN will be out in a few months, as well as the next, and the next... By a couple of years she meant AV4, which is a completely different game. :)

Edit: nvm I just saw a, "comment", reply which explained everything.

shaz wrote:

Hmmm ... how do I explain this?

The games WERE going to be AV3, AV4 and AV5 - 3 different games, following the same story, all about the length of AV1 and AV2 (or, as it turns out, probably longer).

When the decision came to break them into chapters, AV3 became two chapters. We speculate that if AV4 and AV5 were to be the same length, each of those would become two chapters also.

But they would no longer be AV4 and AV5. They would all become chapters of AV3.

However, Amaranthia is the only place where these games are called AV3. To the rest of the world they are simply going to be known as the Orbs of Magic series.

So: AV3 = Orbs of Magic = at least two chapters, potentially 6 (for lack of a definite number).

AV4 and AV5 will be a couple of years away, and will be different stories, no longer a continuation of Mel's adventures.

:)

does that mean that all the chapters come out by some months between and the next Aveyond game some years later?

can't wait!

i luved Aveyond 3: Lord Of Twilight!

gosh! i wish it releases fast and not during my exams..or else i won't be studying and would end up sitting and playing the game for hours..

can't wait :]

Amanda is seriously a awesome role-model..

Yeah, my teacher made me rewrite a report on who we think is an important role-model in our lives.

She said that picking a game-maker wasn't practical. I told her being a teacher during the financial breakdown in America wasn't so practical either, and she left me alone. :P

It doesn't matter if your role model is a normal schoolgirl, a game creator, a scientist or anything! As long as there's something redeeming about this person, it's perfectly alright to think of her as a role model. What your teacher did seems like 'looking down on people with "normal" jobs'.

Well, you can check the interviews. Her name is Lydia. I think she'll appear in GoN.

Edit: Uh, sorry ais, I haven't seen your post.:lol: