Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

Wow!Thats so cool. Good Luck with the game making!

And Btw, I Really love Aveyond:Lord Of Twilight

but the game ended quickly :P and I thought it will be a little more longer.

But its ok. I love excitement :D

Aveyond is made with RPG Maker XP. That is not compatible with other platforms, so Aveyond is not compatible with other platforms. We can't do much about it at the moment :)

Another book? Omg i don't care when it will be released I just care how the game will be, I don't really have to think because i know it will be amazing as Aveyond: Lord of Twilight !

I really love how Amanda and Shaz and everyone work hard in this website! You've made a really good impression or how ever its spelled in my life !! =D xx

Actually, I'm pretty sure Shaz meant only PC's, and not iPods, game toys (like Nintendo, etc.) or other devices. That said, it would be nice if they could be compatible with everything, but the makers of all these things don't usually like to share the wealth, so they all do things differently... Anyway, GoN is going to be excellent no matter what platform we get it in, and I don't see how a little handheld picture could be as cool as my widescreen laptop. Now if only we could get detailed closeups of some of those cool dresses when "someone" is able to wear them!

Paralel wrote:

The 3rd chapter in this series will be the first part of Aveyond IV, correct?

Sorta...

AV3, AV4, and AV5 were originally intended to be a trilogy of complete games. Now Amanda's plan is to potentially turn those three games into one game with 6 parts. So AV3 becomes AV3-1 & AV3-2, AV4 becomes AV3-3 & AV3-4, and AV5 becomes AV3-5 and AV3-6. That's the plan, at least.

When all of this is completed, the next, completely different storyline game would be AV4.

I think I played aveyond 1 on my cell phone years ago. It's better on the pc though just like the sims is better on the pc in comparison to the playstation. The only thing I would like though is if they could add an option to get it on a cd when we buy the game due to dialup taking so long.

Argoyle wrote:

Sorta...

AV3, AV4, and AV5 were originally intended to be a trilogy of complete games. Now Amanda's plan is to potentially turn those three games into one game with 6 parts. So AV3 becomes AV3-1 & AV3-2, AV4 becomes AV3-3 & AV3-4, and AV5 becomes AV3-5 and AV3-6. That's the plan, at least.

When all of this is completed, the next, completely different storyline game would be AV4.

Ah, okay, that makes sense.

Actually, that is what I had been told, also, but shaz corrected me ...

Unless Amanda changes her mind about chapters, Aveyond 4 & 5 are completely shelved until all 6 chapters of the Orbs of Magic are completed. LoT and GoN comprise only the first two chapters of the six chapters.

Av4 & 5 will be totally separate from the 6-chapter Orbs of Magic series.

An epic in the making. I don't think I've played a game quite like that before.

If we have 4 more chapters after GoN and each is 3-4 months apart then it will be 12-16 months until it is complete.

If that is the case I suggest having one of your programmers write a simple automated save game transfer tool that would allow save games to be exported/imported to/from external memory devices such as a USB key, etc... which would be easily movable between systems. I would imagine many people will upgrade/have systems that die/need to be replaced within such a period of time and may not have the technical capabilities to transfer the files manually but also have no desire to start over when future chapters are released.

The source for such a tool might already exist in the greater RMXP community and just need to be tweaked for Amaranth's particular titles.

@Paralel: It's not difficult to find the save game file and copy it to a USB key manually. There are instructions on how to find the file in the technical issues FAQs, if you're not sure where to find it.