Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

I have a question too. I have played LoT three times and have saved a game at each level, Easy, Normal and Expert. Will there be a way to distinguish which one I can start GoN with? Will it default to the last save which would be my expert one?

smallbrowncat:

I'm assuming you moved or renamed the easy & normal ones so they weren't overwritten. If you didn't, you will only have the last one completed, as it overwrites the slot. When you're ready to start GoN, simply move/rename the one with which you want to start GoN into the correct save in the Chapter 2 savegame folder.

You may also want to copy & move or rename them, as when you start playing/saving in GoN, it will overwrite the file.

When you saved at the end of LoT, I believe you could choose which slot you wanted to save in. So you could save the Easy game in 1, the Normal game in 2, and the Hard game in 3.

Then when you start up GoN, go to the Load menu, and those 3 saves will be there.

smallbrowncat, when you finish LoT, it takes you to a fresh (empty) save screen that contains an autosave and seven slots.

You probably let your first game default to the current slot. But with your second game, if you also let it default to the current slot, it would have realised there was already a game saved there, and it would have asked you if you want to overwrite it.

The save screen for the end of the game is just the same as the one you've used all through the game. The only difference is that it's the Gates of Night save screen, so it won't show all your Lord of Twilight saves that you're accustomed to seeing, because they're kept seperate :)

The second chapter is being released so soon after the first because they were developed together, and it was almost ready when the first one was released. Future chapters (we don't know how many there will be) will be more like 4 months apart.

Amanda didn't mention an exact date. You'll need just to wait till the game is ready, or till Amanda posts the exact date. Look at the first page.