Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ant

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

oh i see... so up to what part will we be able to play? i dont like seeing the note "will be continued or sth" so if u can let me know so i can plan how to play

Yes, you can play. There'll be "Congratulations! You finished Aveyond 3: Gates of Night! Please save your game for the next chapter". Or something like that. ^^

Lydia doesn't join the party at the beginning. She'll meet up with the rest of your group later.

I think your game is fine.

No one knows how many more chapters there will be. The ideas are still forming in amaranth's head. :)

oh i have a question. well my father says that

when you buy games in the internet especially the card. the most imporatnt is the code that was he said when you are buying a game. but some of the internet who are selling games is harmful and getting youre money all. well my question is

willl it be harmful when you buy games on different internet that you dont know?

@Argoyle, I had already played through the entire game and wanted to play at the hard level which is where I encountered my problem. I knew that Lydia didn't join up until Stormbend. My game hadn't loaded right from the get-go. Anyway, I've solved the issue.

The way you described your problem, sounded like you reloaded your chapter 1 end game so you could play GoN again, and you were saying there was an issue because Lydia didn't join the party at the beginning of the game in the castle. You said "Mel and Stella are in the castle and Lydia never joins the party". From that description I would have assumed exactly the same thing Argoyle did - that you were expecting Lydia to join the party in the castle ;)

Glad you managed to sort it out - now you're on your way again.

If you go to the main forum page and look down a little way, you'll see individual forums dedicated to each game that's released by Amaranth Games. This is a special place for players to get help with their games. In fact, all your questions have already been answered there, so you just need to go to the FAQ at the top of that forum, or do a search on some well-chosen keywords :)

"If you go to the main forum page and look down a little way, you'll see individual forums dedicated to each game that's released by Amaranth Games. This is a special place for players to get help with their games. In fact, all your questions have already been answered there, so you just need to go to the FAQ at the top of that forum, or do a search on some well-chosen keywords"

I know this is NOT the place to be. How do I get there? real new at trying to find my way around your site. I see no "forum" tabs anywhere don't see any FAQs either. Help me find MY special place Z

lol zuzana :)

If you're reading this post, you're IN the forums. At the right side of the screen you'll see something called Kingdom Map in big, bold letters. Underneath there you'll find Village Square. This is the forum area.

From there, just scan down and look at the heading of each "box" with the blue background. One will be for Aveyond. In there, you'll find a forum for each of the Aveyond games. Click on the title of the forum you're after, and check out the topics that are "pinned" in the first section. These contain links to maps, walkthroughs, guides, and there's usually an F.A.Q. as well :)

I just completed Gates of Night (finally had the time for that. s I thought I"d post some thoights.Given this has some freh ideas off the top of my head, though mixed with impressions relating to the game itself, I decided to post it here. I hope you won't mind, most of are just speculations of a fan girl expressing her fan-girlism :)

First of all, storywise- I was hoping- nay, I kind of suspected something like this would happen (referring to Galahad et al) haha. Good thinking there, very nice. It's only fair that something like that should happen. He and Te'ijal are the most interesting tory-driving characters to date, it wa a great idea to launch a series where the fcu would more on them. They have a very strong pontetial for further development. And I for on keep thinking that Galahad should eventually just grow up. I"m sure there will be plenty of opportunities to push that storyline into interesting directions and that's where choices could also be a useful tool as a means of player creating their own version of the story thus something a bit greater than attraction points, which are very nice and nifty by the way.

I'm a strong proponent of choices but I have to say I was glad that Aveyond 1 had a preferred ending. It shows me that the respectable makers of the game had their own vision of what it should be like and that is very appreciated, too. If choices sacrifice a protagonist's nature and make them out of character, I tend to think it;s better not to include them.

In general, the good thing about Aveyond is that it tends to avoid gory massacres, which I've seen in other recent and notable rpgs, which put me off playing them for good. Aveyond is a well-told fairy tale which keeps things light but coherent and enjoyable. Personally, I like this better this way. The sidequests are always fun, the references to fairytales as well, the mapping abolutely gorgeous. Naylith and Faiara (yay, fairy kingdom!) have got to be my favourite places in Gates of Night. I hope we will have to return there somday.

Actually, the vampires could look more vampirish. Very white skin is not that uncommon, either. I myself have a rather white shade of skin and in comparison to others around me, I look rather vampirish myself, gah. :P

Also, I'd love to see Hercules annoying us a little more. There could be something for Ulf in store too. I like him, but he tends to get a bit snobish about his talents and just maybe he should have some humbling experience. But just maybe, the way things are going so far, his thrist for knowledge could be used against him-and his friends- as his major weakness.

And then Gyendal and Heptitus. What could they achieve when paired together? Major havoc. Or maybe Heptitus would rather see Gyendal dethroned since hes competing with her position as the mist wicked witch of all, thus Mel could gain a bery unlikely ally.

Day/night system so far is very nice and has more potential to be exploited as well. Crucial places that only open at night.

Also..the compass took you directly to the ship is a great solution. Saved gold and walking and that's very useful much more useful than the wagons we had in the first Aveyond games.

All in all, I have enjoyed this. Although I was objecting to installments at first, I find myself warming to it, but only in Amaranth edition. Its well written and designed and gets you right where it wants you to get- looking forward for more.

So I hope you don't mind my reviving this thread but I thought it best to post it here rather than suggestions for Aveyond 3-3.