Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

It's probably too late to add anything serious to GoN (I certainly don't want to make THAT take any longer), but to make Mel more interesting in skills, maybe she could develop the ability to STEAL new skills from other characters and/or enemies in certain circumstances? That would fit with her character, if it's done well, and isn't too easy as well as limited in what she can get...

Of course, she could also learn skills like she does the abilities she gains in the spy tree-schools. Wow, this really is making for some great anticipation - I can't wait for GoN!! :lol:

I am really excited about the next release as I would like to finnish the game I started in Twilight. I was kind of bummed to only get half or even a quarter of a game- great game, just way too short. Although I'm sure Amanda has her reasons, this Aveyond game reflected some laziness as far as lack of content goes compared to Aveyond 1 and 2- at least the price was cut to reflect this. I hope in the next game we get to finnish the quest of finding all 4 keys?

I would like Mel to get more skills too. I was thinking that maybe Skate and Climb could also be battle skills. Like in Pokemon! Though I don't really know how Climb would work... She climbs up a tree and... falls on the enemy? lol

Avryl ... Amanda showed absolutely NO laziness with this ... it actually added a few weeks to her work to split the game into two parts. :)

She HAD to divide it, and this was the only logical place to do so. LoT is just the first of two parts of Aveyond 3, and many are considering it a prologue to the game. The second part is much longer, with tons of things to do, places to explore, and is not linear like much of this first part had to be. The two parts together are a fair amount larger than Ave 2, and great deal larger than Aveyond 1. So, you'll be getting a larger, MUCH better, game for the same price as Ave 2. :)

Tiniponi,

I am very excited to hear that the next game will be significantly longer- all I was saying was that compared to Amanda's past work, Lord of Twilight paled in comparison- just my opinion- I'm allowed to say that here, right?

chapter 1 IS shorter than the previous games, because it's half the length (approximately). Referring to your "laziness" comment, when the game was complete it was BIGGER than those other two games. That's the way it was originally going to be released. And there was still a long way to go with the story - enough that Amanda planned another two complete games.

For reasons that you can read elsewhere, the decision was made to split it in half, and the price was cut in half to reflect that. When you get the next game, play the two together, one after the other, and then compare the "full" game with AV1 and AV2, rather than comparing half of this game with a full one of those. Naturally now, this one will come off second best, if timing is all you're looking at. But you may change your mind once you've played the second part ;)

Hey everyone./is new

xD Joined recently but I've been following the Aveyond series (and threads) for a while.

To make this post A3:GoN related, I can't wait. It's a little strange, the chapter idea, but can't blame Amanda. >_> Kind of hard waking up in the morning and realizing a lot of people would be staring you down for the next part of the game.

D: Those rogues, in the game made me sad. They looked like Rhen. :/

All in all, everything's fantastic. In the next installation, Rowf will probably be dead. xD

Not that I'm hoping, though. >_>

Gah. AWKARD NEW-NESS.

First off, I really enjoyed AV3:LoT...actually the whole Aveyond series game me immense pleasure.

I'm one of those rare people who doesn't really mind this chapter concept as it means I'll not have to wait ages for each game, 3 months is not too long a wait I guess. Looking forward to the next chappie! Love your games, Amanda! :D

Can't wait for the next chapter. Finished the first one. And playing it again just love it.

Does anyone know how many chapters this one has.I have Aveyond and Aveyond 2. I love these games have to have them all.

lol funny with the homework (problem is I havent started mine *groan*) cant wait till aveyond 3 book 2 comes out, lol! (might not be able to get it though dad does not like it but I really do!)