Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Aveyond: Gates of Night [July 31, 2009]

I've been watching this forum for a while without posting, but I'm so excited about Gates of Night that I felt I had to say something about the game! Sorry if it's a bit off topic, wasn't sure where to say this... but the overall message is that I can't wait for GON so hopefully it'll be okay. :)

I thought Lord of Twilight was brilliant. It started off with a bang, and the story is excellent (something I love in RPG's). I have never played an RPG that I liked as much as the Aveyond series. LOT was a step above even all the other series. Sure it was short, and I must agree the ending was abrupt, but as an introduction it worked really well. I also think the chapters idea is excellent (although I wasn't sure about it until after playing!) and I think that people will stop complaining when they realize that short frequent chapters is far better than a two year wait! Stick to your heart, Amanda, it was a brilliant plan that I am sure will become another favourite part about the Aveyond series (or at least this storyline.)

The characters warm my heart... Mel is by far my favourite protagonist yet, although Stella is just adorable and my favourite character so far. My favourite new addition to the game - definitely that characters level up even if they're not being fought with, and their skills are far more accessible. It makes them seem like they're part of the team like the other games never did.

I'm glad to hear GON is in beta. I got my little brother hooked on these games too, and we're both really looking forward to the next installment!

Aquillia-I completely agree with you that the best change made was that the characters you don't play with are still able to level up. That was one of the things I always liked about Everlong, although I always found the Aveyond games far superior. Thanks for pointing that out, as that was one of the mental notes I made while playing but forgot to commend on how much I appreciated that detail!

Ok, I'm a bit confused. Will the GoN be like an expansion or is it a whole new game that just picks up where the other left off? Meaning, will I be the same levels and have the same amount of money and the same items that I do now?

Thanks (in advance) for clarification.

It's a whole new game. You will have the option of starting a new game or loading your saved game from LoT.

At the end of LoT you will be prompted to save your game. That file will be transferred to the GoN save files, and you'll be able to load it.

You will only be able to load a completed game from Lord of Twilight though. Not a half-finished one.

So if you finish Lord of Twilight, you have the option of picking up where you left off - same party members, same levels, same possessions - or of starting fresh (with preset members and levels).

Prettykittibaby-you should take a look at the LoT forums though as there are some quests that have to be done in LoT and can't be done in GoN

i can't wait that i get the news that it's finished and avaliable to play... my fingers are tingeling and craveing for play GON. i'm hucked, or better to say, an Aveyond junkie. *joke*

so I finished LoT on one computer and saved it as continuanse for GoN, and then it (the computer) broke down one-and-a-half week ago. can I still play with thoose things and all on a differnt computer, or do I have to start over?

Just a question: On GoN there wont be the places from LoT ? I mean: Thais, Brightwood Forest, Istir Forest, Shadow Woods and so on. Will they be available also? Or only new locations and that's it ?

GoN is the continuation of LoT. You can still visit the places that can be found in LoT in GoN, plus there are places which you were not able to visit in LoT in GoN. One example is Dragkthor.