Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
K1ngz3r

Ahriman's Prophecy

Every time I try to download Ahriman it shows that Ahriman is 23.44KB to me...I download it and then a box comes up to my screen saying that "C:\DOCUME~1\Lukas\Desktop\AHRIMA~1.EXE

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.CS:0ded IP:059f OP:63 6f 6e 74 61"...

Any help? Note :: I'm not sure what's going on but the game file is too small it should be 10MB or more but it ain't...And Amaranthia don't ban or something...Please...

I hope I can explain this clearly :) I hit the download button and the file downloads. When I click on the file and hit 'run' a black box pops up. The first message I received said "16 Bit Subsytem: The NBTVD something performed an illegal operation blah, blah, blah. Hit close to terminate." I did. So, I searched tech forums about this message and fix that. I tried again and now when I hit 'run' the black box flashes real quick then disappears and nothing else happens. I am using Windows XP. I have downloaded and played Aveyond:Lord of Twilight. Does anyone know what all this means or a clue how to fix it? Please! I need something to hold me over till July/August 2009! Thanks :)

K1ngz3r wrote:

Every time I try to download Ahriman it shows that Ahriman is 23.44KB to me...I download it and then a box comes up to my screen saying that "C:\DOCUME~1\Lukas\Desktop\AHRIMA~1.EXE

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.CS:0ded IP:059f OP:63 6f 6e 74 61"...

Any help? Note :: I'm not sure what's going on but the game file is too small it should be 10MB or more but it ain't...And Amaranthia don't ban or something...Please...

Me too!! That is exactly what mine said

I'm trying to download and run Ahriman's Prophecy and I get this error

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS Ode6 IP:OP63 6f 6e 74 61

I'm new to Aveyond and have play Lord of Twilight, 1 and 2 this week and trying to play the first game now. Totally addicted!!!! Please help! Thanks!

The heading on the box in which the error message pops up says "MS-DOS 16-bit subsystem" and then it goes on to give the error message referred to above. I wish it would let me cut and paste so we could have the exact wording of the error message.

It opens up the DOS window! For some reason, Windows XP apparently thinks that it is an MS-DOS based game! There seems to be something about it that isn't recognizing it as compatible with XP.

Other than that, I am completely lost! Heehee!

LaFlorida: It's because the download file is incomplete. Somehow when it was moved, the file lost almost all its 10MB size.

Amanda or Bryce will replace it with the full file when they can, I'm sure. :)

Thanks, tiniponi. I went to the C-net site, which someone had suggested, and was able to download it there. I've started, and came back to get some hints on how to get to Thais!

okay so i just finished aveyond 3 and im waiting for the next one to come out, anyways i thought i'd play Ahriman's Prophecy, but when i tried to run it, it said something about an illegal instruction. can someone help me?

I PMed Amanda about the bad file several days ago, but she said she's totally swamped this week. Hopefully she or Bryce will be able to replace the file soon.