Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
KitKaty

Witchrot (RP)

width=300http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq64/rudyflores/witches.jpg[/img]

Welcome all necromancers, witches,travelers, and people who study to dark arts of magic! This little village is Witchrot, and it's here that we are most famous for our teachings of strong black spells or for spirited acting. Feel free to look around, but be wary. The children here just love throwing curses at strangers. Their favorite targets, which goes for any dark art user, is to pick on average humans or light magic wielders.

Places to go:

Village square- a place to chat

Actors Guild- a place to sign up for acting (obviously)

Stage- Entertain the citizens with what stage performances you already know.

Bloody University- a place to learn magic

Pub- self explanatory

((Anyone can join, so yes. :) ))

Gringe extends her hand toward a large wooden spoon to stir a concoction she created just hours before. This was an assignment set by her potions teacher. If she were to complete the assignment with no flaws, she'd pass and be a step further into her career.

She grinned at seeing the mixture become even. Everything was going according to plan. The potion was ready, now she needed a victim. Hiding her hat, she waited on the border of Witchrot for a traveler to walk by. "This time it'll work for sure! Once done, I need to bring the uggly little toad back to the head mistress,"Gringe thought with a wide smile.

Seeing someone come near, she played her card. Instead of the usual evil cackle and devilish attitude, she acted like a innocent child in order to full her prey. "Sir/ma'm, would you try this for me? I'm entering a cooking contest and I need to know if there's anything I need to add," Gringe explained.

Dessimine looked disdainfully at the young child. "Do you think me a fool?" she spat at her. "I won't try it. But for your information, that potion is missing a dash of myrica infusion and some elephant garlic. Don't bother me again."

*EDIT*

Oh, nice RP by the way. I've been planning to join one but all the ones that look interesting are like 27 pages long and I'm too lazy to read all of them.

((excellent! a short, slow(er), calmer RP XD all the ones i manage to get involved in seem to get waaaaay out of control pretty quickly XD))

((er, are you going to have us post our characters at some point?))

Masana looked around. Witchrot was not his home, Kylock, or his second home, Neras. Nor was it much like Chanswoode. But it would do. He blended in here. Just another black cloak in the crowd. It would keep Ren safe from those trying to chase her down.

He knew better than to sample any strange concoctions offered to him for free, and he halfway dared a small child to mistake him for an average human. That would be difficult, he supposed, but it had been done. He was more worried for Ren's safety than his own. She was a witch, but she didn't exactly look it.

He picked a sturdy-looking tree and nimbly climbed it, watching all that happened beneath him. Ren was asking around about renting a house.

He touched the medallion around his neck.

And so it begins.

((EDIT: oh yes, i has a picture! CLICKY FOR PICTURE Just in case anyone cares XD))

Prissy came out of her cave and sealed it with the word: nekrós(death in greek). No one would know that was her hiding place. Most of the villagers would bury their dead and put the word nekrós on the tombstone so the villagers might just think that this is just a tomb. She observed the small town in front of her. Witchrot was really not a place for her to practice her excellent skills. She deserved better, a more powerful place. Her powers can't be confined to a small cave like the one she's using now. Her powers have been growing stronger and stronger over the last few weeks. Only just a few days ago she had been able to call upon the spirit of the powerful sorceress Circe for guidance. Summoning spirits from the dead was not something an amateur necromancer could do. But all because of an accident that happened at school, she was banished from practicing necromancy. She had to do it in secret. No one in town knew anything about her skills. Everyone thought she had given up. But after that accident in school she was not very popular in school anymore. Most students were afraid of her, afraid she might call the undead to life and command them to do something. A smile came across Prissy's face. If only they knew how powerful she was now...

(Edit: I've always wanted to write about a necromancer but never got a chance to:P))

(Alright, another RP. ope it would last long before it gets out of control)

Kiel stood in the shadowy corner of the village square, observing the environment. It reminds him of his own hometown, but there're differences of course.

As he glanced round, he noticed a kid aiming a ball of black magic at him. Kiel closed his eyes. The dark curse the kid was trying to hit him with vanished in seconds.

The small boy blinked, perplexed.

What an idiot...

Then he remembered that he has not come to sightsee. He promised that he won't be long.

Sighing, Kiel left the square and headed to the inn he's staying.

Gringe's smile quickly turned to a mischievous grin. "Pardon me for thinking you a fool young lady. Can't help myself you see? Many idiots would fall for it because this a isolated land. Few know of Witchrot," she explained. "Seeing as you're here..." she paused. Mustering up her dark magic, Gringe converted her potion into powder. If this traveler won't drink it, or if she came across anyone with the same desire to avoid her then she'd resort to throwing the mixture at anybody.

She knew the potion was right. What did this outsider know? Seeing Dessminie so close, Gringe just couldn't help herself. She threw the powder onto her. The effect was supposed to turn an individual into a frog or toad. Careful to not get any of the spell on her, she quickly stepped away and waited to see if the potion would work.

((heh heh heh...welcome, fellow necromancer. tread cautiously.))

((@adept: yeah, me too x.x))

Masana leapt down from the tree and landed lightly on the ground. Ren was coming back toward him.

"Well?" he asked.

"Well what?" she returned.

"Do we have a place to stay?"

"Unless you find that tree particularly comfortable, no. Got any ideas?"

Masana looked around before putting his cloak over Ren's shoulders. "I guess we'll go ask at the inn."

"What do I need this for?" she asked. "It's not cold, it's not raining."

"But you are surrounded by witches, warlocks and necromancers, some of which might think you an outsider. And you, small, obnoxious child," Masana said, suddenly looking down, "Need to learn whose pockets are safe to pick."

The child jumped, clearly surprised that Masana had noticed him. He was about to aim a curse at Ren when Masana held up his medallion. The child stopped dead in his tracks.

"Don't even think about it," Masana said coldly.

"Ey--ey mister! It was just a--"

"I don't care if it was Ghost Touch or Power Word Kill. You do anything to her, you will die."

"Easy, Masana, he's just a kid," Ren protested. Masana gave the child one more chilling glare.

"Be on your way then."

The child needed no further urging and ran as quickly as he could in the opposite direction.

Neko stood on a corner, waiting. She sighed, when she realized she didn't know what she was even waiting for. With her entire hometown slaughtered, she decided it would be better to get away before people wrongly suspected her. Her bag ruffled, and a small kitten peeked it's head out. Shiko took the kitten and held it close to her, stroking it gently. Lilial, the kitten, had been the only thing besides herself that had survived that cold massacre.

Lilial mewed, and Neko put her back in her bag and zipped it shut. There were young aspiring witches everywhere. Neko sneered.

They think they need their mentors to get stronger. How puny. She thought.

((I'm using Neko for two reasons: 1. She's a necromancer 2. I need to put her in more RPs. XD))

Dessimine created a simple shield in order to repel the powder. "Now you've wasted some of my mana. Didn't I warn you not to bother me again? And yes, your potion is right, if you want to create a simple Toad spell. But the myrica infusion and elephant garlic will cause it to be immune to the shield I just casted. I can see that you are a waste of a High Necromancer's breath. I'd punish you, but what does it matter?"

She paused, about to walk away, but then turned back to the child. "I may look a "young woman" child, but you, a young witch, should know that appearances can be deceiving. I am over a thousand years old, and such paltry tricks are beyond me."

"High necromancer? You don't appear it nor truly act like one," Gringe stated bluntly with a faint cackle. She hid the remaining powder in her cloak. "Doesn't matter to me what I add and I don't add to it. I just need my permit. I grow tired of this waste land and wish to travel," she explained with a sigh. "With people like you running around, it's difficult to find a target," she murmured with a scowl.

Gringe walked away from Dessimine and walked a little bit to stay clear of her village. She was convinced that she'd find someone a little more less advanced away from home. Her eyes then locked onto Ren and Massana. She watched as the necromancer sent a trouble making child running. "Interesting..."she murmured. She then thought of tricking Ren and leading her away from the necromancer. Hiding within the greenery, she awaited her chance to strike.

((oh no. how many high necromancers are there? see here <--i hope that link works. otherwise, go to www.freewebs.com/teihighnecromanceroftheskies, go the "characters," then "Masana Iiyami".))

((...actually, wait, this multiple high necromancer business could be really fun XD))

((neko: ahh, now i might have to go get min'hira! ...oh dear. Oh geez, Neko's backstory is exactly like Masana's >.< are they long-lost twins or something!?!))

Masana jumped. "High Necromancer?" he turned toward where the voices were coming from. "You called?" he asked.

"Um...I don't think they were talking to you..." Ren said.

Masana frowned. Something was wrong here. How many High Necromancers were there? There were five Kiliara's Chosen, and he knew all of them. Only five. Although, Kiliara wasn't the only deity who counted Necromancers as "special." "Stay close, Ren."

"What's that over there?" she asked, starting to walk toward the bushes.

"I think not!" Masana yelped, grabbing Ren by the arm.

"Geez, would you chill? It's probably just a squirrel."

"I will not relax. My cloak will protect you from weak enchantments--"

"Then what were you spazzing about the kid for?"

Masana gave her a look that said, "would you just trust me, please?". "How was I to know what he was going to do? Looks can be deceiving, me lo. Trust no one. I thought you'd already learned that lesson. What if it isn't a squirrel, eh?"

Now that the two were close, Gringe readyied her powder. Taking careful aim, she tossed it onto Ren with a wide grin. "Someone should be more careful,"she chimed with a wide spaced grin. She looked toward Masana. He seemed very protective of the girl, perhaps too protective. "You were right, I'm not a harmless animal," she stated. "But, I'm not cruel ether. I'll change her back as soon as I'm passed in the academy," she explained. Gringe came out of the bushes, her dark blue dress flowing in the wind. Her witches hat laid firmly on her scalp. It kept a hold of her frizzed violet hair.

This town is quite boring. Prissy walked around the town centre clearly trying to find something to do. She debated whether to go to the university or to bed. In the end she decided to go back to train her skills more. She walked to her cave and went in sealing it without taking a second look around. It was the base of a long gone volcano so no one would know. The light dimmed cave was quite large. Prissy walked to the coat hanger and put on her cloak which covered her dark violet dress underneath. It was from her mother, a high necromancer. She gathered up her staff which had a skull on it and pulled a lever on the wall. The floor suddenyly started folding inwards revealing a pit of fire with the smoke rising up. Prissy grinned. It took her some time to get the pit exactly how she liked it. The volcano was not dead but it was not active yet. She could erupt the volcano anytime she wanted with the skills she had. She walked to the opening of the pit and set her staff down. She put on her hood and closed her eyes focusing. Let's see if I can call an undead from it's grave... A smirk came over her face.

(((I was amazed to see how many entries had been written since yesterday and I'm glad to see I'm not the only necromancer out there:P)))

((Tei: Really? Interesting. XD))

Neko turned, and saw a necromancer and a girl. Curious, she walked over, just in time to see a hand throw a potion on the girl. But, Neko created a shield over the girl with ease, blocking the potion. She grabbed the girl by her arm holding the potion, and dragged her out of the bush more.

"I'm surprised that you didn't take the precaution to add myrica infusion and elephant garlic so someone couldn't block it. If you don't learn how to make your potions fail-safe, you don't deserve to call yourself a necromancer." She noted nonchalantly.

She turned to the necromancer and the girl.

"Are you okay? I would hope this wanna-be didn't get either of you, but there's no problem making sure." She asked.

Dessimine tossed her head and continued on her way. True, her post as a high necromancer had been over four hundred years ago. She'd left because- well, she didn't want to think about that right now. She rather liked the young violet-haired young woman. She possessed the will that she would need to become a strong witch. Dessimine thought of helping her out, but dismissed the thought. She was not here to play. She had a mission to do. She looked at the ring on her finger, and smiled. If only those fools knew where it was... she thought silently, for soon she would have her revenge.

"There's a bloody reason I don't use them and stay out of my way outlander or I'll curse you!" Gringe threatened. She shoved Neko away with her brute force of a hand. She was allergic. That was the real reason she didn't use those items. It would make break out in hives. Whenever that happened, all the other witches would laugh. That is why she wished to travel and leave this dreadful village. First, she needed strength from the school and to properly learn to fight. That way, she'd be able to survive during any trouble some fight. Surely there would be some unpleasant surprises in her journeys.

"Shield this and shield that..." she cooed in anguish. She scowled and really wished to full fill her threat to this new traveler. However, Gringe felt the need to conserve her magic. She didn't want to feel worn out when the time came to create the potion again.

Neko smirked. "I'd very much like to challenge you, but I'm afraid it'd be too easy. I might as well be challenging a spider." She wiped her neon-green bangs from her eyes. She had grown her hair considerably longer in an attempt to hide her identity, now it was down to her waist.

That did it. Puffing up her cheeks in anger, she raged a deep scarlet. No longer caring that she'd be exhausted from using magic, she casted a curse toward Neko. A black light jumped from her hands over to her opponent. The raw magic went right into the ground and picked up roots beneath the earth. Roots popped up and attempted to wrap around Neko.

"Don't take me for a weakling cat lover," she sneered. Taking her broom, she levitated into the air. From within some distance, she kept her magic into the roots. Using two spells wasn't exactly a great thing. It wore out the caster quickly plus it was hard to control two things.

I call upon the great heroes of old to come upon me in this hour

Prissy started chanting out the names of some heroes in history until one of them responded to her call. This took quite some hours and sometimes even days and took a lot of energy from Prissy. Beads of sweat started to appear on her brow.

I call upon the great heroes of old to come upon me in this hour

Her voice got louder and more names went through her mind at fast speeds. As the name 'Witch of Egmar' went through her mind, a shrill voice responded.

"Why did you summon me at this time, young high necromancer?"

Prissy's eyes flew wide open as the voice approached her. She stared into the fire in disbelief. It worked? I have awakened an undead? Suddenly out of the fire appeared an old hag. Prissy quickly flicked the lever and the ground was smooth again with the hag standing on it.

"Y-you..."

"Do you not believe your own skills? You have just awakened me from my sleep and allowed me to walk upon this earth under your command. Now excuse me, I must go out and look around."

Prissy stood there dumbfounded. I can awaken the dead?

Neko dodged the roots with ease and sighed. "Well, there goes not making a scene." She muttered. She continued to dodge the roots easily, she was far too nimble for them.

I only have to wear her down. No point in spilling blood... She thought.

((omg, neko saved ren! *masana hugs neko* okay, this'll be epic short since i have to go somewhere.))

Masana blinked. Well, that had all happened fast. He swatted at the hem of his cloak (residing on Ren's shoulders) to remove any excess dust.

"I thank you, Neko, and you, Gringe, also need to learn the dangers of choosing the wrong victim."

((all right, i have to go. but hold that thought, because we're about to find out who masana is. *evil cackle* ))

Prissy quickly shook herself from her reverie.

"Eh? Wait! You old hag! You can't just walk out into the open! I command you to come back!" Prissy shouted but no reply. "That's odd...I thought she was under my command?"

"Foolish child. You have to use your staff to control me. The bells on your staff will put me under control" a voice chimed in the air.

"Oh!" Prissy quickly went to get her staff and went out the cave. But only after she sealed the cave did she realize that she was out in the open looking like a necromancer.

"Crap! People will know it's me" Prissy quickly put on her hood and stuffed her long electric blue hair behind her neck.

"I hope no one recognizes me. Just get control of the hag then make refuge for the cave"

Prissy then made her way forward into the town for the first time as the real her.

((hehe she's out in the open well so is an undead witch...be careful people, don't provoke her:P:P))

((all right! i is here XD))

"Wither," Masana said calmly, waving his hand at the vines that were attempting to entangle Neko. "Now then, come down here," he added. He wasn't about to try to un-enchant the broom. That would be not only a waste of energy but a waste of time.

"Oh Goddess, here's the introduction speech," Ren said.

"My name is Masana Iiyami. I'm one of a group of five called Kiliara's Chosen. You may or may not have heard of us. Kiliara calls me Shadow Weaver. I'm the most powerful among her Necromancers, and I take apprentices and teach them--Necromancy and Kiliara's rules."

"He's not as mean as he tries to act," Ren said.

"But I will not hesitate to protect my family or the other four Kiliara's Chosen," he said. "I have no complaints about you using your potion powder," he added. "But when you get it near my wife who has multiple assassins after her, then I get touchy."