Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
KitKaty

Witchrot (RP)

Neko turned, her face wide. She hadn't noticed that she had just saved her acquaintance. She shook her head, this wasn't the time for reunions.

She shook off the plants that remained from Masana's spell. "Thanks." She murmured.

She looked up at Gringe, who was in the air. "Trying to escape on that broom of yours won't work." She taunted. This is where things would get fun.

She jumped up with ease to Gringe's height, smirking. Being both a necromancer and a vampire had it's advantages. She grabbed the broom, and dragged it down as she landed, almost cat-like.

((I looked it up, and I didn't even know. Neko means cat in Japanese. O_o I seriously had no idea.))

Prissy looked around to try and find the old hag but she did not find anyone like her. She stopped when she saw 3 well 4 people standing around, one was in the air on a broom and two were a necromancer like herself. She recognized the one on the broom as Gringe. Then the female necromancer suddenly pulled Gringe down onto the ground without any trouble. That isn't something a necromancer does... Prissy observed the girl and found her skin to be quite pale but besides that there was nothing else...

((hehe neko, I'm onto you:P))

((funny, i knew a mile away that she was a vampire. then again, i've met Neko before, as Min'hira, and as Masana, and as someone named...well, you'll meet her soon enough. i think she'd fit in well here XD and i knew that neko meant cat.))

Masana glanced around and spotted a third necromancer. Kiliara save us, Necromancy is more popular than I'd expected, he thought.

His eyes followed Neko as she leapt into the air, but he hardly noticed her pulling Gringe from the sky. His eyes were on--a dragon? He blinked. No, it was far too small. But it sure looked like one.

Gringe was about to hit the ground, but Masana put a soft invisible barrier under her. No need to make any more enemies.

"Easy there, Neko," he said, holding out a hand to pull Gringe to her feet.

"Whazzat?" Ren asked, pointing at the dragon-thing in the sky.

"I was just about to ask," Masana said.

Neko turned to Masana and smirked.

"Who said I was going to let her fall?" She giggled, raising her hand as one of her eyes lost it's pupil and turned completely red.

Her abilities were, persay, useful. They were rare, even for a necromancer/vampire. Her ability with blood allowed her to control ones body once she had gotten a good whiff of them, which she had done both when she shielded Ren and when she had grabbed Gringe's broom.

((It doesn't matter if someone finds out. She's a vampire, she can suck you dry. XD

Neko: *smacks head* Why do you always lie about me? You know that I hate blood.

Me: You hate blood? It's the source of your power.

Neko: ...I...well..erm...I hate drinking blood.

Me: That's what I thought.))

((Woah, I didn't think so many would post at once!))

Gringe stared up at Neko in frustration. She started it, not her. If that Neko girl had stayed out of her business then this whole fight would've been avoided. Her beady flared eyes turned away from the cat fanatic. She turned to see the necromancer pull her up from her position on the ground. She still didn't like him nor the two females, but refused to say anything about her emotions.

"A little spell like that won't harm even an insect," Gringe stated with folded arms. "If she's family to you, if she's important to you, why bring her to Witchrot in the first place? It's as dangerous as being in the wild, you fool," she commented. Her snooty attitude seemed to decrease the more she spoke. Her scowl turned to depression as thought of how badly her ambush turned out. Gringe couldn't leave her home town until she learned one way of survival to travel the world. Being raised here, her family wanted her to learn the same tricks just like the whole family line.

To full-fill their last desire meant all the world to them, so Gringe decided to make them proud before departing on her own.

Her grip tightened on the broomstick from irritation. It was then she remembered what the necromancer said. She turned to see him with intentness. "You said you taught necromancy, didn't you?" she asked Masana. Gringe hated the teaching staff here, and she always wanted to learn from somewhere else. Her family refused to let her because that meant leaving Witchrot which she wasn't ready for. However, if she had someone with her so she could learn else where then her family most likely wouldn't have a problem with it.

Prissy suddenly then spotted her undead witch. She quickly ran up to the witch but a pillar of dark cloud blocked her. The witch gave a toothy smile. "I am not easy to control, high necromancer" Prissy looked around and saw Gringe and the others staring at her. Way to make a scene Prissy... Prissy quickly countered the black cloud with one of her own but the power of it threw her hood back revealing her face. She saw that the witch had disappeared. "Damn! I was so close."

"Where do you teach?" Gringe asked in excitement. She couldn't hold back the feeling of possibly being able to leave the wretched place she inhabited. Her attention turned toward Prissy slightly from the awkward silence. The girl appeared to be fighting with a witch. This wasn't entirely uncommon in Witchrot. There were fights almost as daily as being in a bar. Not truly interested in the scenery, she turned back to Masana. "If you're taking apprentices then will you accept me as one?" Gringe finally asked. She had little faith for the necromancer saying yes since she attempted to curse his friend. However, she'd do anything to get him to agree. Anything was better then here. If possible, even being a slave was a better option.

Neko looked at Gringe with eyes filled with boredom. She had gone everywhere, met countless vampires, witches, and necromancers. And every one she met had a wanna-be hanging around, bugging them for an apprenticeship.

She sighed. "This is the 234th time this has happened. And I've been counting." She moaned out loud, facepalming. She felt like she was getting a reputation or something.

"I wasn't asking you cat-girl. And so what if many people have asked? Would you rather continue facing weaklings with no class?" Gringe asked. She glanced over at Neko, returning the bored expression. She wasn't going to hang around Masana for long. She had the goal of learning enough and learning quickly. Being around a necromancer, a male one to be exact, would spread viciously through out the witch population. Even if this man had a wife, other witches would look down upon Gringe for putting her strength toward some guy she happened to come across in the woods.

((eek! tei's been at work with no computer access! XD okay, we're back))

Masana frowned. Apprenticeship, eh?

"This is the 234th time this has happened. And I've been counting," Neko moaned.

Masana almost laughed. He saw why Min'hira liked her so much. She had a sense of humor, but not to the point that it was irritating.

"I live in a city over two hundred leagues from here, to which I hesitate to return for a while. I brought us here because a man there has every bounty hunter in a forty league radius after her," he said, leaving out as many details as he could. He turned to look at Ren. "What say you? If anyone has the right to bear a grudge, it's you."

"I say go for it," Ren said, shrugging. "Your too antisocial. Loosen up a bit!"

Masana frowned. Being antisocial had kept him safe for quite some time. He was privy to plenty of secrets, since no one realized he was listening.

"Prove yourself," he said finally. "If throwing dust on passersby is the best you can do, then I'll have to turn you away." He turned toward the other Necromancer--the one who seemed to be having trouble keeping her summoned witch under control.

"Having difficulty?" he called.

Prove herself? She wasn't one to use witch craft like the rest of her kind. That dark magic side came from necromancy. All the spells she learned from mere books were too dangerous to cast out in the open. But, if he was as strong as he let on then maybe her magic wouldn't be a problem. Gringe made a sly smile, "Fine, fight with me and I'll show you what I can do. My style is not like the others in the village. I play along with it just for show," she stated.

Gringe tossed her broom away and glanced over at Ren, "I'd keep her far from me though. Though I can control my spells, I can't lower their damage range." Gringe wasn't the type to care for if her magic harmed another. However, seeing the two's bond, she couldn't help envying it.

Neko's eyebrows arched. This kid was challenging an advanced necromancer?

Neko scoffed quietly. "I guessed one of her stupidify spells backfired." She sneered so Gringe wouldn't hear. She didn't want to interrupt the dear, now did she? Besides, this was going to be quite short. Neko jumped backwards gracefully, keeping her eyes on Gringe.

"My style is not like the others in the village."

Neko smirked. What tricks did this little kid have up those sleeves? She was determined to find out, one way or another.

Masana also raised his eyebrows. Ren heard Neko mutter and stifled a laugh.

"Then Kiliara save you, child," Masana said, dead serious. "Ren, I want you somewhere safe."

"Yes, sir!" Ren said, giving him a mock salute and a silly smile. Masana shook his head. What would he do without his wife?

"I'm not kidding. Somewhere safe."

"I'm going, I'm going," she said. "And I'll send you a call if something's wrong." She turned and was three steps toward the inn before she doubled back to return his cloak.

When she was safely out of range, Masana turned to Gringe and drew his knives. Doubt and Trust, he called them. Doubt was an onyx blade with an ebony handle, inlaid with bone. Trust was a daimond blade with an ivory handle, inlaid with mahogany. Both were treated with adamentine. Being Kiliara's Chosen certainly had it's benefits.

"Shall we dance?" he asked.

((all right, it's been a while since i did an actual fight XD we'll see how this goes. remember, we each have to have a chance to get away from each other, and always winning is no fun XD))

((I haven't actually brawled without anyone in a while. Last time I remember is with my other character who was a thief. I'll be sure to remember rules though.))

Gringe smiled. It wasn't entirely evil looking nor was it entirely innocent. Her beaming resembled some sort of joy; a joy that almost appeared long forgotten. From the top of her blouse, she took out a long wooden staff with a crystal orb on the very tip. Inside this orb was a metal leaf. Gringe did use mostly dark magic, but she'd been known to bend her own magic to match other elements. Her favorite revolved around earth itself. The essence of nature made her calm.

"Well? Don't just stand there," she urged. Just to see what he moved like, she'd wait for him to make the first attack. Gringe was the type to watch before performing. It was her way of studying for the battle. As she waited, she quietly made gestures with her free hand. There was a way to conjure up magic without reciting words, and she specialized in that fashion.

Neko sighed. Gringe had the right idea, studying the opponenet's moves. But being hasty would get her nowhere, especially against someone who was experienced.

She looked around. Didn't this kid have any friends who would jump in the fight too? She was itching for a battle.

((Neko should practice what she preaches. XD))

((she keeps an entire staff in her blouse!? XD sorry, that conjures up...an interesting image, to say the least XD))

Masana smirked. Very good. She wasn't jumping in over her head--and she appeared to be able to cast without speaking. A valuable skill.

His first move was to speak inaudiable words that caused his medallion to glow. Normally this fascinated his opponent, who wasted their time trying to figure out what was going on while he did more important things.

Like take a flying leap over Gringe's head and land lightly behind her, then springing up and wrapping her in a strangle-hold.

Gringe was caught off guard, but that didn't mean she didn't have a trick up her sleeve. Twisting her hand around to face Masana, she sent of a burst of dark energy toward him. This dark energy was in fact a minor spell (Wizzels), but even minor spells could be deadly. Even if it didn't work, Masana would still need to move, thus she'd be free again. Gringe thought it very unwise of her adversary to get that close to her. This left him open, very open.

"Not bad!" Masana shouted as he did a neat forward flip over her. "But--Quills!"

This was one of his favorite spells. "Quills" would summon flying feathers that resembled the feathers of Kiliara, his Goddess, and the rest of her family. They were purple and red and razor-sharp. And there were ten of them. At least one of those feathers was bound to hit.

Neko clapped once, then turned away and started to walk off. She did want to see this through all the way, but she had come here for a reason, and it was her top priority.

Gringe spun around just in time to get hit with three of his feathers. Two laid square in the middle of her shoulder, and the last pelted her on the knee cap. With the remaining feathers, she batted them away with her staff, or at least attempted to. The rest didn't stick into her, but they were stuck on her staff since it was made of delicate wood. Dropping it, she held her shoulder and limped slightly from pain. Even in pain, she wore determination. Taking out the feathers, which wasn't the greatest choice since it tore at her already placed wounds, she quickly made her gestures for her next spell. Flipping a average stick into the air with her non-hurt foot, she transported her spell through the median. Of course, her stick broke in two upon casting, but she didn't care.

Black flames arose from the stick and jolted toward Masana. Just like Gringe claimed, her magic was wide spread. She couldn't control direction too well, but if the flames stuck on they could do serious damage. It looked like some wild fire that was caused by a silly cigarette.

After casting that flame spell, she shot off a protection spell around any near bark from the woods. The last thing she wanted was to get bickered at for starting a fire and possibly burning down part of Witchrot.

Masana gave a start. Normally those feathers would stop people in their tracks. But he didn't have time to think about that. There were black flames preparing to engulf him.

Thanking Kiliara that his clothes were at least mildly flame-resistant (given an accident in his alchemy lab once), he cast around in his mind for an ice spell. Although he didn't know it, he shared the same opinion as Gringe about this fire. He didn't want to hear about it from the townspeople.

After deciding that any ice spells he knew would be ineffective, he turned his attention to water spells. This decision would have to be made a bit more hastily, as it felt like one of the flames had caught on the leg of his pants.

"Aquabat Swarm!" he cried, swatting at the flame with his fist. A large amount of water in the form of a large number of large bats splashed onto the flames--and Gringe. He wouldn't spare her the joy of meeting his Aquabats. At least they weren't the Firebats or Shadowbats.

Not that I have time to take on a new apprentice, since there are still bounty hunters after my wife, but damn! She's actually pretty good. If her potion skills are the only thing keeping her from graduating, I may have to take her to Sashura.

((yes, tei's been playing adventurequest XD if we'd started this RP any later, i might have played as kiliara herself, only younger and less powerful then she is now))

((also, taking you to Sashura is not a threat. i won't tell you who/what sashura is, but it is not a threat XD))

((lol, that's fine))

Gringe coughed and sputtered at the water. When done, she cringed at her wounds. The water seeping into them and from being directly hit by the water spell, her body felt like it would cave in. Gringe allowed her self to sit down on the soaked ground. But, she still didn't give up. While still in her position on the soil, she gestured for one last spell.

Using a dry area, she hovered her hand over a stream of water that the bats had created. Sparks flew from her palm, shocking her slightly until she released an energy ball onto the liquid. Acting like a rod, the lighting spell quickly made its way to the water caster.

Masana hadn't figured out what she was doing until he felt a powerful shock go through his body. And it did not tickle, in the words of Ren.

He fell against a tree, trembling from the shock. That was unexpected.

When the trembling subsided, he helped Gringe to her feet.

"Well done," he said. "And I grudgingly admit that you are worthy. Please know that I have nothing against you, but I'm not sure how much attention I'll be able to pay to you with these bounty hunters chasing down my wife."