Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
JollyRancher

Would Aveyond be cooler if the people could move during battle

I don't really think so... The battle system is part of what makes Aveyond AVEYOND. I dunno if it would help Aveyond. That system was sort of what was put into Ahriman's Prophecy and I didn't like it too well. You were pretty much forced to attack; using spells was too much of a hassle...

I really like Aveyond the way it is- battle wise. I love that I can really think about my strategy and have plenty of time during battle- I think that movement would be ok as long as it didn't take away from this.

-Avryl

Battle animations for every battler can be pretty expensive, so it's not just about whether or not it'd make it better, but whether or not it'd make it enough better to make it worth while.

I think Reives has hit the nail on the head. Splitting into chapters is being done partly to reduce costs. It wouldn't make sense then to have to get heaps of additional sprites just for an ABS. It would also inflate the download size, which we don't want.

The other thing about these systems is that I don't think they really add a lot. You hit someone in a battle and it takes a fraction of a second for the animation to play and move on to the next person. If you have to wait for your character to run all over, it will greatly increase the time battles take. And if you're playing the game for the story rather than the battles, it means it's longer before you can get moving again and advance the story. I'd be pretty bored if my party of 4, at level 99, had to take a couple of minutes to fight 4 weakling rats because because I had to watch them run over and hit them one at a time.

lol, Shaz is right. ;) Even with the current battle system, it already gets pretty boring (in Aveyond 1) when my super-strong party had to spend so long just to fight a group of 4 spiders. :D

Definitely. I like the fact that once I get to a high enough level, I can just make everyone attack super fast, wait a few seconds, and be on my way. Because of the boredom of fighting weaker monsters, I've become a master at dodging monsters. ;)

i like it the way it is now :]

having the characters move might be cool, but it's kind of unnecessary.. and i definitely don't think it would influence more people to buy the game.