Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
latyss

Bahamut - Avantasia: The Game

Developer: Bahamut

This is a pretty good game that you all may enjoy. ^_^ It's based on the metal opera of the same name. It was originally in spanish but an english version has been released recently. I haven't finished it yet but what I've seen so far has impressed me. It has some really neat features. Check it out! :D

Trailer

A novice in times of Inquisition questions his morals when he finds out the church will condemn his sister for heresy. A strange man shows him the door to a world where he will be able to find all the answers he seeks and save his beloved sister.

Here are the full features of the game --

- Classic (RTP) look

- High quality visuals

- Enthralling plot faithful to the opera

- Comedy and adventure

- Optional quests

- Dynamic alignment and character class system

- Secret missions, maps, quests, enemies and items

- New Game Plus

- RTA (Real Time Action) Battle System based on the d20 system

- Combination of two or more spells to make more powerful spells

- Ability to learn skills from enemies

- Overdrive/limit break skills unique for each character

- GUTS system to avoid sudden deaths in an epic way

- Intelligent enemies

- Oversoul system for enemies

- Animations

- Zoom control

- Caterpillar system

- Reflective surfaces

- Graphic notifications

- Mini cinemas and "stands"

- Minigames and puzzles

- Global volume control

- Double weapons

- Items divided and sorted according to usability

- Items that multiply experience and money obtained in combat

- Alchemy system to create custom weapons, armors, potions and compounds

Screenshots

align=left width=350http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/DarienCR/avantasiascreen2s.png[/img]

align=left width=350http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/DarienCR/avantasiascreen1s.png[/img]

align=left width=350http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/DarienCR/avantasiascreen3s.png[/img]

align=left width=350http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll19/DarienCR/avantasiascreen4s.png[/img]

Note (from the creator, Bahamut): Playtesting is not perfect. I'd appreciate if you find any errors or glitches so I can fix them.

Download

English version

Spanish version

Enjoy! :)

Update: The game has been moved to another site: http://www.indievania.com/games/avantasia-game

aislingyngaio: Creator AM username: Bahamut

I will soon upload a patch to fix that omission. But what it says is simply:

"The cemetery door is locked"

Thanks latyss for posting the game here! And thank you guys for the comments. Feedback is welcome!

Remember I posted the game secrets on the download page, if you have trouble figuring out google's translation I can clarify.

I just downloaded and installed the game today. I have just started, but will have to finish playing it after work.

So far, game seems like a keeper. I might play in intervals long enough until GoN arrives. then I will have two games to keep me busy until the next new game arrives.

Thanks for sharing it,

This is quite an interesting game. It's nice that you can rename the characters though sometimes the original names are used.

Some signs and speech are still in spanish but it's no problem.

I was wondering how to complete the quest with the gypsy. She wants a skeleton of a man who died in the desert. I collected 1 Skeleton Body, 7 S.Heads, 26 S.Fingers, 9 S.Arms and 12 S.Legs - but the gypsy still says she needs a skeleton. Did I miss something?

Well, and in the Beach Cave after unlocking the path I get a script error when I fight with that flying creature. I already installed the patch but I still get that error.

Hi this is Bahamut (the creator of the game).

I wasn't able to replicate that script error but it might have to do with Regrin's Full Attack skill.

I did some changes in that skill and it should be fixed now. Please download the latest patch (3.9.7e) and tell me if it's still giving you that error.

I will upload the patch soon.

Thanks for the comments!

hi everyone

I am really enjoying this game but i am stuck with tree knowledge quest where i need to find mudball,ashes and other stuff i was able to find other stuff but mudball i couldnt find mudball anywhere can u please help me ?