Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aura

Anaryu - Cast Aside

Developer: Anaryu

Here's another puzzle based game that mainly focuses on the story and character development :D Cast Aside is an episodic game where your Save File will transfer from one episode to the next. The combat system is unique and takes some getting used to but once you get the hang of it, it could be fun. It's quite short, around 3-4 hrs approx. This game is not mine in any way. It's made by Anamei productions which is a team of ANAryu and his wife YaouMEI.

Story

Welcome to the world of Cast Aside.

You'll play the role of a young girl with a dull future ahead of her. A kitchen assistant and foster-daughter to the island's most powerful Luminary, you wonder if your life is really worth living... How will her life unfold? You'll need to play to find out!

Characters

Rayne.png

Rayne: The main character, Rayne struggles in her everyday life. Living with the legacy of parents who bailed out of debt and left her behind, she feels she needs to make up for their sins and her foster-parents kindness by being what they want.

Kael.png

Kael: A childhood friend of Rayne, Kael is a spirited youth with a seeming gift for the spear and combat training.

Screenshots

width=440http://anamei.net/files/images/castaside/Screen30.png[/img]

width=440http://anamei.net/files/images/castaside/Screen31.png[/img]

width=440http://anamei.net/files/images/castaside/Screen32.png[/img]

width=440http://anamei.net/files/images/castaside/Screen26.png[/img]

Gameplay

Cast Aside is a story heavy game with a lot of puzzles. Combat is based on an Active Tactical System and will sometimes integrate the terrain and puzzles into combat.

Cast Aside introduces several new features with it's custom ATBS including attribute values on the map that can be used to entirely change the flow of combat, from increasing the range of attacks, to making them hit more targets, to causing an increase in regen or attack to the user.

Releases

Each episode contains the one before it, so there's no need to download early episodes!

Episode 2.5: Download

aislingyngaio: Permission obtained from creator (Anaryu, user 8453).

The two main characters look like Rhen and Lars... O_O And the "Lars" actually is Lars in the clothes he was wearing before going to Shadwood.

@mila: I've seen you comment on many games that it's the "best game ever". You can't possibly have so many best games, can you? :D So please don't spam the topics with this just to get gold.

How do you switch players again? I'm in the early stage and Rayne keeps saying "I can't jump but Kael can." Or something like that. I tried holding A and it does nothing.

Edit: I tried Z and it worked.

Edit again: How do you solve the boulder puzzel?

Yeah, it's Z by default on the keyboard :) You can switch characters by pressing it and then selecting the character by using the left/right keys and letting go.

@MidnightPearl: Thanks! But do you know how to get to whatever shelter they're talking about? Because I went to the other map and move the single boulder around aimlessly. I don't know what to do. And (off topic) didn't your username use to be something else? Like Iya?

@destinyluck: You need to push that boulder around in such a way that it falls on the rock formation blocking the entrance to the cave (shelter) below.

And yep, I used to be known as Iya XD

@MidnightPearl: Thanks. I didn't know where to push the boulder to. Now I'm stuck in the battle after you get the crystal. It's hard. The battle system is very hard to use.

@Murasaki_Anima: I did not make this game... I'm pretty sure it's RPG Maker XP though. It's made by Anamei productions. It's a team of ANAryu and his wife YaouMEI. They are not members here. I should have made that clear in the first post (I'll edit it rightaway).

I just found it and wanted to spread the word because I think it's an excellent game and no amount of attention will do it justice. :)

@destinyluck: I agree. The battle system is great but it really makes the fights way too complicated and time-consuming. It takes a LOT of practice to get the hang of it. Try a different strategy and maybe another location where the enemies cannot surround you. :)