Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

@Weiqi: How about Gyendal? ;) You can choose choices, if you choose the right choice Gyendal will fall for Mel/Stella/Lydia/[d]Te'ijal[/d]/Whoeverwhosenotmarried. :D

And everyone lives... Happily ever after... T_T

I read a few pages so I know someone said this before but I was really pissed off at how you could buy butterfly wings for that pixie but not for Stella! It was so unfair! And she was so upset too! Overall the game was great but I was preety upset over Lydia's skills. In Av2, Iya had much more and Iya's inflicted more damage. Also, the mirrors in Pemberly Keep really made me laugh. Pity I made Ulf look in the mirror.

It was a great game. But annoying going back and forth through places without the Magic Express.

But the Magic Express is in the game, and the compass too.

And try the different spell books and notice that some of the staves she equips will affect the power the spell has. If you played AP where the dragon lords are a later guild or AV1 where the annihilators are the strongest, you'll be frustrated by the dragon guild here - it's the weakest in my opinion. Don't fall in love with fire.

And if you were like me the first time through and didn't think to equip spell books like AP and thought you could just read them when you reached a certain level, well Lydia is going to be very useless. I didn't use a level egg the second time unless Lydia had a book in hand - she got all the enchanter spells immediately on getting the spell book and they are nice to have.

This game id funnier than other games. Many surprises inside.

I think actually Mel is descendant of nobles. Wasn't Mordred Darkthrop a noble who found Harburg (it was mentioned Kingdom Harburg on map). Nobles can be bad too, right? Remember Lord Zorom of Ahriman's Prophecy and also Ahriman himself.

But I miss Rhen's combination of magic and melee attacks. She was so powerful in both of them. Still remember Boot Slapping Mara? Why no descendants of her inherit her abilities? Lars was healer and mage at once. So when Dameon was killed (many times, quite useless :D) he could act as healer.

And Elini of course, powerful demon summoner that always spent more manas than Rhen or Lars.

Anyway I always hope that Galahad will not be vampire. In this game he turns to human again after the battlers defeat Gyendal. And finally he is in love with Te'ijal.

@rugwithlegs: I know I had all her spells because I used the spell goodie. And I bought every weapon for Stella and Lydia. The compass was great but when you're going to places like Venwood and Faiaria and most of the new places in GoN. They didn't have the magic express.

I don't like playing game without goodies. So when I started playing, I tried to find location of goodie caves in google and I got them all :D.

So when I started the trio I got Edward Excalibur Sun, Mel with osmium dagger and Stella I got the best weapon too, but I forgot the name of it. Maybe Staff of Light.

I love GoN ^_^ I'm not at the end yet; now I am going back to Naylith to give the harp player the string and buy some equipment I hadn't had enough gold for when I was there for the first time.

I'm a bit disappointed about the marriages; I kept collecting points for Mel but later I got to know that in the orc town it caused her lose attraction points. And when I decided that I'd have Edward marry Stella instead I saw then that I couldn't get enough points for her either any more... so I ended up proposing to Lydia XD All the time before I thought that he didn't deserve such a horrible person, but who knows, after all she seems to really love him [or is it just the wish to become a queen? Who knows], so at least to *him* she won't be as mean as to others :Tongue:

We can't buy wings for Stella since she can't move them anyway. Dioni can since she already has wings, and thus can put the butterfly wings over her current ones. Stella can't. :(

Aisling - Ah, indeed, I had forgotten about it since the time the interview first appeared. Lydia finds him cute but boring XD Oh well, I didn't want to reload some old save files and I still felt like letting him marry one of them :P

ANd I finished the game today, it was great! When I played LoT I posted here that I found it the best of Aveyond games. But GoN is even better naturally because it's longer and lets you explore mooore areas. I love Naylith and the sky garden! Really fun playing but near the end I was nervous of the tough enemies and the final battle was really hard and long. I had two spider eggs and luckily one of them hit Stella, but if it didn't it would be even much harder because of her healing them both in every round. I'm also sad that she's gone though, I liked her and also as a healer she was very useful.

I agree. Stella was a great character. She had such a great twist to her. Try playing the game again and instead have Edward propose to Stella. I think it will make you happy. ;) She was also the most useful healer in any Aveyond game. However, Lydia was the least useful Wielder in any of the games. She got better at the end at least...

I hated that Stella died...so sad. :(

I absolutely loved this game--the compass was awesome, and I loved the mirror thing in Pemberly Keep, and the exchange whenever Lydia bought a dress. :D

The ending with Te'ijal and Galahad was awesome--did not expect that.

Overall, GREAT game! Already can't wait for The Lost Orb!

iPink - Yeah, I want to try that; I'm curious what will happen if Edward and Stella get engaged.

I was also disappointed with Lydia until she got to really high levels. At high levels, her last spells were good [i had three of the spell books], but before that, for a big part of the game I was just using attack with her because the spells she had were weaker than her attack. It took really a lot of levelling up to get to spells that were effective. :/

I'm glad someone agrees with me. I mean, the game was good, and I think it would have been my favorite game in all the Aveyond series, but that part... totally ruined it. Maybe I'm not as dissapointed about Stella because there's a way to save her. There's not a way to stop this from happening.

So, I'm sticking with LoT as my fave. Oh well. Hopefully this plot development changes for the better.

Maybe Gyendal will try to become vampire again.

Te'ijal maybe happy to have some babies from Galahad :D.

Even she was not happy to be mortal again, but she loves Galahad so much. And Galahad started to love her as well. He never called her dear wife before :D.

No, I think Galahad hated her from the word go because in AV1 I don't think he could separate her from her vampire self. Heck, I can't. But he does hold marriage as a sacred institution, even if his is the marriage from hell. Now that they no longer are, I think they can start separating themselves from their vampire selves and start afresh. After that, anything's possible :P