Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

It'll be interesting which official ending of GON gets vetted - sort of like whether or not you save Lionel in AV1, he's frozen in all the following games, or whoever Devin marries in AP, AV1 has Alicia as the one who married him.

Yes, Mel does get extra real estate - but Stella's courtship has more dialogue and development. Mel talks about how happy she is for Edward watching him marry Stella. When Mel marries Edward, she actually says nothing.

It sounds like the characters change up a bit, and maybe Edward isn't going to be playable no matter what ending we chose if he's the king.

I just completed the game 5 minutes ago :D

I made Edward marry Lydia, and since Stella's "dead", then in Aveyond 3-3, will there be a new party member?

It's hard to imagine playing the game without a healer in the party.

Just wondering.

I hope there will be a new party member in the next one. That would be great.

mdbgtft wrote:

I just completed the game 5 minutes ago :D

I made Edward marry Lydia, and since Stella's "dead", then in Aveyond 3-3, will there be a new party member?

It's hard to imagine playing the game without a healer in the party.

Just wondering.

I hope there will be a new party member in the next one. That would be great.

I'm sure new character(s) will be introduced and, who knows, we may be seeing Stella again.

I just finished the game too. *spoiler alert* I'm so sad that Stella is dead! & I want Te'ijal to remain a vampire! If she did, she might have turned Stella into a vampire too like she did with Galahad, lol! Wouldn't that sound funnier? Stella, a vampire? She would starve herself like Galahad, wouldn't she? It is very unexpected that the very one who revives the others is the one who dies at the end.

By the way i made Edward marry Mel.

Oops sorry! But i tried to copy & paste that code without the *. It doesn't work. Where exactly should i put it? I'm so new to all of this stuff, sorry!

Thanks a lot! Didn't want to make a new post, i thought it would be spamming. Is my previous post ok now?

What I'm curious to know is which ending Amanda considers closest to her intended canon... I thought it was Mel all the way until the very end, when marrying Stella made a really big difference (and probably very advantageous in next game, if you get to have her in party from start) whereas Mel gets nothing... and a really tiny cutscene...

Like in AP, marrying alicia had a much better reward. although with AP both endings got combined because devin and talia got together and then split up... doesn't seem like that's possible with OoM.

Aaah I really, really want to know how chapter 3 will turn out. suspense... killing me...

I'm curious too at what Amanda intended as the games 'main' ending. Perhaps none of them are, and Amanda will make all three endings really nice. That would be nice. :)

Well I FINALLY finished the game, though I missed the Halloween candy, so I was one attraction point short of marrying Mel and Edward. I ended up marrying Edward and Lydia, but that means I can play the game again.

Anyway, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! It was awesome, awesome, awesome.

I adore the minigames Mel has to play to learn new skills. I hope we'll get lots more of them in the next one.

The compass was also a great addition - it means you don't have to backtrack to get back to your ship. It can save your life after a difficult battle too.

I loved how the story had all these twists and turns, though I wish I'd been warned that you couldn't rest at the inn or buy any new supplies after rescuing Mel from the vampires - I had to backtrack to an earlier part of the game in order to train up and prepare enough to defeat Gylendal.

And the ending - WOW. I mean, WOW. I didn't see it coming at ALL.

SPOLERS BELOW

I totally LOVED Te'ijal and Galahad becoming human. Sure, it will take some getting used to the idea of Te'ijal no longer being a vampire, but it's an opportunity to develop her character further. Plus, now she and Galahad can finally be a happy couple. It made me so happy that Galahad called her "dear wife." I always knew he'd learn to love her. I look forward to seeing more of them in the next installment.

@ EsmeAmelia- *bites lip to keep self from giving the defintion of "fair-weather friend"* Also, they won't be in the installment. Though, one or both will be back in Quest 4, by the sounds of it.

--

I don't know if I mention this before, but I don't think I did. I really loved the minigames in this one. The Tar Vedron one was soo difficult, but sooo fun!

One thing to say against this game (other then the ending); Once you see the intro of Gates of Night, Stella being the gaurdian of the Orb of Light is kind of obvouis. Plus, I could guess the Orb of Life woul turn Gyendal human, but I thought they would use it on him, not there be a huge flash and all the vampires become human! Sorry, but I hate that plot development, I'll probably complain about it a lot.

Meanwhile, the Stella ending was so sad for Mel. But it's so great for Stella, since she lives. I'm currently on a Mel file, then I do Stella. I had to do Lydia on this last one, not knowing that Mel gets kidnapped.

-

Some of that was repeat, but some I didn't put before.

The intro wasn't there in the first beta version. They just threw it in in the end.

Also, the guardian thing could be obvious, but who would've guessed Gyendal had been toying with her in the palm of his hand all along. :o . That breaking thing was unexpected.

Yeah, I just hope that all endings end well, regardless of who marries who. In my opinion, marrying Lydia is the worst option.

@Aisling, sorry for asking questions before. I'll try not to do it again. I was just worried it had been asked before.

Oh yeah? I did the *spoilers!* Belf first, now I'm shooting for Mel. In all the talk about 'saves' does that mean there are enough attraction points to go around for Mel AND Stella? What does Mel do if Edward marries Stella/Lydia? Can anyone tell me? I'm not sure I want to redo LoT and GoN just for the cut scene at the end ... :(

But I do want Stella to live.