Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

Really, I don't know why everyone thinks they need to fully replay the game multiple times. Three endings can be done from one save file, only replaying the end those three times. Only the Mel/Stella ones need a fully new file. It gets tedious playing too many times, no matter how good the game is.

Actually, if you save your game in a new slot prior to going to Aveyond, you can do one with Mel and finish the game, then go back to your other save (where they're not engaged) and go as far as seeing the Oracle, then return to Thais and save in 3 different slots. Then you can have Edward propose to Lydia and Stella in two slots, and no-one in the third. Just play the last part of the game in all 3 and save them again. Gives you a completed game where each one has a different bride for Edward.

Yes, I thought about that as I wrote that post. Then I remembered how worried people get about not getting back to the Overworld. Can't hurt to do both, just in case you remember you're not supposed to touch the orb - a second after you touch it :lol:

But you can always give the "time limit" point to Mel, since in order to marry her 7 points are needed (and she's the harder to get, afterall). And you can save the other ones for the other girls. Better said Stella, since Lydia won't need more than 0. ;_;

@theone: You need to give Mel the limited edition attraction point when it comes along. Otherwise Mel is missing a point. No one else needs that point, so it's fine.

I took everyone's suggestions and put together a "second attack team" as follows:

Mel-poison dagger, Blessed shield, Charm hat, Spy uniform, lucky charm

Ed-Excalibur pearl (can put sleep on enemy-can miss), zurvan shield, charm hat, zurvan armor, berserk am

Te'ijal-crusher, zurvan shield, charm hat, zurvan armor, toad am

Ulf-Istorm axe, zurvan shield, bersek am

I carefully thought out a complete new strategy trying to put together a "team" that was more melee fighter enhanced, with magic as a minor component. Since we can have only 4 on a team and Mel is mandatory that was a tough decision. Everybody says her ability to trip is key even though it had worked seldom for me. I decided that is what I would use her for as well as healing on occassion.

My first decision was to leave out Lydia, my magic caster meaning I would not have spells like mortal swarm, tornado, succumbus, siren, and banshee which are the prominent spells I use.

That then left me with using eggs and weevil scrolls to be weilded by my melee players inbetween attacks.

I then had to decide which melee fighters to use. that was a tough call because I knew I had to have Te'ijal because of her ability to drain and stay alive the longest.

That left me with 2 slots for other fighters. Since everybody was telling me Ulf had a mericiless hit with that axe I decided to give him another try. My next decision was Ed or Galahad. I decided to go with Ed even though Galahads HPs are higher, but because I found out that the jewels in Excalibur have different functions. One that was mentioned as being good in this fighter was the pearl because it has the possibility of putting sleep on the player attacked.

My battle began with Mel-trip; Ulf-weevil scroll, Galahad, poison egg, T'-paralyze Stella. Out of that first battle line the only thing that worked was the weevil scroll and it landed on both Stella and Gydal. Round 2-Mel-trip, Ulf-poison egg (I had never had a poison egg fail before), Galahad-fire or ice egg, T-paralyze.

By the end of round 2 I had both Gyendal and Stella taking both weevil and poison damage. At this point Gyendal had gotten in a really good lightning so I had Mel-trip; Ulf-tincture, Galahad and T' - attacks.

I went back and forth using trip which was more successful this time, fire ice, and toad scrolls, and intermixing those with melee attacks by the 3 fighters. I used a total of 3 tinctures and only 2 weevil scrolls. I cast the second one when I saw the effect wearing off Stella.

I also discovered that I didn't have a serpent sword as well as Medusa.

Since I saved my new group on a different save, can I go back and play my original game and try to play it through to the end and save it?

I didn't like the ending of the game I won at all! Bad programming in my opinion.

I'm considering playing LoT and GoN completely through from the beginning since the part about the attraction points was not clearly defined. I lost those 2 points LoT because I gave them to Ed to "hold" for later when he decided who he wanted to give them to.

Thanks again for all the help!

Beth

Since I saved my new group on a different save, can I go back and play my original game and try to play it through to the end and save it?

Do you mean all the way from the beginning of your saved game? No. You'd have to start over. Did you continue a game from LoT? Or did you start a new game in GoN. If you continued a game from LoT, I think you can move the save file from the Lot to GoN.

Firstly, congratulations! :D

Yes, you can load up your original save to play again. But do you mean your LoT save or one from the latter part of GoN? (You can always just go and resave your LoT file into GoN if that's the one you're talking about and you don't already have it.)

To be fair, you never needed to give the attraction points to anyone in LoT. Also, can you imagine Edward holding onto those flowers for all the weeks that they were adventuring? ;)

HisChildBeth wrote:

If your question is, can you save more than one different ending to be ready for the next chapter, the answer is YES. I have four saves, one for each girl. Sad to say, my best save game does not have the best ending.

When it gets to "save this ending for next game" just be sure to move down a slot and not save over your previous save.

If you want to be extra sure after each ending you can zip the folder so it will be there in case you write over it.

Glad you got through! Like a number of second books in a trilogy, the ending is brief and leaves many possibilities open to be resolved with the next installment. If you're already thinking of what you might do differently, well that's what keeps the game interesting for the next playthrough. The second time involves fewer mistakes, which is less frustrating too.