Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

As I have said in other threads, Amanda has hinted at us getting Stella back, perhaps by going to the underworld again to retrieve her. So that's good. =) Oh, and if you play the game marrying Stella, a certain surprise that's really great is revealed. But only with the Stella ending. =)

So I just wanted to add my two cents worth on GoN. I may be repeating what some people have already said, so my apologies for that!

First off, I loved the huge cities, and exploring them was fun. However getting from point A to point B took forever, because it often involved going around the entire city. I would like it if there were more shortcuts through the city, like little alley ways between houses, that would make getting around faster. It wasn't that big of a deal, but just something that's been on my mind since the first aveyond game.

I love the disappearing corpses. That was a nice feature where you didn't have to search the same corpses over again because you can't remember if you’ve already searched them or not. However... in previous games I had been using corpses to remember where I've already been in dungeons. Lol. Oh well. I like it better if they disappear.

The cut-off point for LoT was sudden, but understandable, especially because (I think) LoT and GoN were originally made as one game, and then split, right? GoN did a better job at wrapping things up, and I look forward to seeing how the story is organized in chapter 3.

I love Mel. She is so cute!!! I love how she's a thief. I wish she could do some more stealing out of battles or some more spying.

For the rest of the characters, Tei'jal and Galahad are awesome, Edward was okay, I enjoyed the interaction between Lydia, Edward, and Mel, and Stella could have used more depth, I think, but she didn't bother me in any way, either. The only character I had a problem with was Ulf, and that was because he basically stood in the background for the whole game. I hope he has more character development in the later games.

While I look forward to seeing how marriage affects the later games, the attraction point system bothered me. In the first aveyond, the marriage system was awesome. I laughed so hard at the soul pendant and love potion skits. In aveyond 2, each pairing had their own skits and options that developed their relationship and revealed more about the individual characters. (I especially liked Ava and Gavin, as well as Nicholas's character growth.) However, in this game, the attraction point system was... bland. Buy flowers, buy a poem, buy more flowers, buy more flowers, little magic spell from faery, name a star... They didn't flesh out the characters at all. True, av3 had more character development in the actual storyline, but it was still a disappointment.

Also, a final little note is that when Mel dresses up at the beginning of the game to find the spy, her hair graphics are messed up from the back.

All in all, aveyond3 had the best story yet, and a most loveable main character and I really look forward to the next aveyond game.

Er... yeah. Someone mentioned pirates fighting over a rubber duck? I think I missed that. Can someone fill me in?

Also, if vampires can't have children, then that would mean that Tei'jal would have had to be mortal before, and then someone turned her, right?

(I think) LoT and GoN were originally made as one game, and then split, right?

Yes, originally LoT and GoN were one game.

Er... yeah. Someone mentioned pirates fighting over a rubber duck? I think I missed that. Can someone fill me in?

If you go back to Gheldon, and explore the mine again. You'll find the pirates fighting over the rubber duck.

It's actually a rubber chicken, but it's the same concept. It was one of my favorite scenes, and you got the (though worthless) gold duck for Moo's Hatchery because of it. You should definitely see that part. =D

Aaaargh! TLO got pushed back AGAIN!? Great! First hackers delete my ToonTown Online account (that I've worked YEARS upon!!!), then I find out I have to wait until JANUARY for TLO to come out!

Oh! I didn't even notice. It's sort of annoying, but it should still be ok. I hope Amanda didn't push it back because she's working on A Gypsy's Tale. I'm excited for that game, but she can't do two things at once. Well, maybe SHE can, but most people can't. ;) I wonder what Millennium is.... =)

And even if she did, I don't think she'd tell us. She's evil that way, but it's a good sort of evil. It has a good purpose... But I don't think she has anything to do with the actual game development. We'll just have to wait and see! ^.^