Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

I've finished the game with all four ending an I LOVED it! I did use the goodie caves but only after i finished it the first time. I'll probably fail my physics test tomorrow hehe. But it was totally worth it. I'm not sure about how I feel towards the vampires fate, they are my favourites from the first one and I'm not sure if this will feel like epic fail or pure brillance. I guess only time will tell. Im hoping the new game will be done for my b-day :) that would be sweet ^^

Well, I really didn't want to read all 20 pages of commentary...but anyway, did anyone else find defeating Gyendal really, really hard?

After playing most of the game 3 times (probably an extra 40 hours of play time), I finally got to the part of the game where you can't go back. By using saves you have a choice: going back before the entrance to this area, or after. Unfortunately, I wasn't alert enough to realize that my oldest save was already missing my most important character (because she is required in all battles). Even though I was filthy rich by this time, I still didn't have enough levels to defeat Gyendal. I fought a few battles in the Memory Cave to level up, and then I retrieved Mel, so I could increase her level. At this point you're stuck and you must stay in the cave to do any battles to level up. Of course, the higher the level, the longer it takes to get to the next one. I think at this point, Mel's level was in the high 40's and the others were over level 50. However, no matter what I did, I discovered I couldn't defeat Gyendal. And it took 1/2 hour to an hour to realize this each time I tried. So finally after amassing something like 2750000 gold coins, I was at level 53 or 54 for Mel, and I finally did it after 3 tries at this level. That lightning grid is the worst. I ran out of Tinctura Hypericum then I started using up all my Elixir's. (There's nowhere you can buy the Tinctura, and I had 6 when I entered the cave. I don't remember if I used any earlier in the game.) If the lightning grid struck 2x's or even 3 times before I could restore everyone's health, my characters were dead. Meanwhile, Stella is healing Gyendal, and Gyendal is taking no damage. I ran out of Elixir on my early tries, because I only had 45 of them. If I went back to a save point where I could purchase more, I had to give up all the levels I'd gained in the cave and do it again. If I continued levelling up in the cave, eventually I would run out of resources before the battle even began. Eventually I was about to give up because I couldn't fight any more battles and take damage without losing the things I needed for the battle, when I finally won. Whew.

Hmm... I didn't find the last battle too hard. Unless my battlers got 'lightning grid'-ed, then I had trouble. Stupid lightning. XD

If you don't mind me asking, nanekochan, who did you have fight? Did you have mostly melee fighters, or did you use Lydia? Because Lydia has some sweetspells if you get her spellbooks.... or use the goodie cave.... *ahem* .... 'Mortimer's Storm' (or whatever the correct name is) is really good, similar to 'weevils' in other Aveyond games; 'Siren' works fine, esp. once he is decaying. ^^

I also know that spider-eggs work well, they poison Gyendal, and he looses more health then Stella can restore.

Also, Mel's trip=greatness. She's not the strongest melee attacker anyway, so in case trip doesn't work, it's not that big of a deal.

Poison 'em, bug 'em, trip 'em, and he turns into a sissy. Yep. Ignore Stella, we don't want to murder her.

:::::::::::::

As for me, I'm on my second replay right now, I'm trying to get all the different endings. Of course, this time I'm being bad and using all the goodies, shame on me. Well, whatever, it's not like I didn't have most of the stuff in the first ending anyways. No wonder I needed so much gold the first time, with all the equipment I bought. XD And the Useless Pretty Dresses.

I think this is my favorite Aveyond to date. I love all the little things put in- like breaking mirrors. :D Though I don't know why Lydia wouldn't want Ulf to look in her mirror, as she seemed happy at the hundreds of her in the cracked entrance mirror.

(On a side note, fairies are vain... and Lydia is somehow related to Edward, which means she Has Pendragon blood- or rather, Talia's idiot-son blood, and as Talia was related to fairies.... No wonder Lydia is so vain. ^^ Must be the fairy blood.)

So, off to play again to get my Mel ending. And then again to get Lydia's. And then I'll have to start about halfway through to get Stella's. *Le sigh*

Each chapter is self-contained. However, if you want the greatest benefits, you should play them in order and continue your games. For example, the spider egg is only obtainable in LoT, so if you want to have spider eggs in GoN and for the remainder of the series, you need to play LoT first and continue your saved games through each chapter.

There will be some things that happen in each new chapter that depends on whether you played previous chapters, and what decisions you made previously. If you don't have a saved game from the previous chapter, you'll get the "default" option, which isn't necessarily going to be the best one :)

Well, my first attempt at defeating Gylendal was a laughable failure. We tripped him, we charmed him, we threw all the Ice Bird and Fairy Toad eggs we had at him (I used instead of hatched my Bomber Bird egg, a mistake I won't make next time!) - and were still defeated dismally. I think I will try a few more times (Lydia still has the Ancient Book of spells to learn, and I know getting everyone up a few levels never hurts!) before temporarily shelving GoN in favor of playing LoT. Then I will have those Spider eggs you guys mentioned, and who knows what else, for the next round with Vampire Brat Boy.

I think we're gonna have a party when you finish this game :lol: You've had such a hard time getting here and there - at least you're at the last battle now. I hope you can get a handle on it. Definitely read through all these posts for ideas from other people - you'll need something that will damage Gyendal when HE attacks YOU. Since you don't have spider eggs, watch to see what others have used to give the same effect.

Get the party started, because I finally finished it - with Mel's Trip, Lydia's Pookah, Pixie, Banshee and other spells, plus Weevils, Weevils, and more Weevils! Mel marries Edward this time around. ^_^

P.S. - Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a clue as to what those Rogue 1 creatures in Red Rock Pass are supposed to be? It's easy to tell that the Rogue 2's are elven, but what about the Rogue 1's? Are they gerbils, hamsters, guinea pigs, hyenas, what???

I just thought of them as giant rats. I look at them and I'm reminded of this one Disney movie... mmmm... I can't think of it right now. I think it was the Great Mouse Detective. Anyway, I just think of them as rats that are blind... folded. Okay, it doesn't make any sense. ^.^