Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Chat about GoN *** SPOILER HEAVEN *** (please do not ask for help with the game here)

I loved this second chapter! I loved finding out Stella's story, and Te'ijal and Galahad in the end. I can't wait to see what happens to them in the next chapter! Oh! And I LOVE the compass. It's great!

I thought it was hilarious when Edward had to marry whoever his parents chose! Probably one of my favorite "Ha Ha" moments.

I'm playing it a second time and this time I'm taking my time and exploring more and I'm going to find out what happens when Edward marries off Mel, then try for Stella, and even see what happens when it's Lydia.

GREAT JOB! :D

thanks a lot kirro!!! I didn't want to spoil it encase no one mentioned her being with you-know-who at the end.

BTW rabbit are u a writer 4 a living?...because thats the first time ive seen anyone be that descriptive!!! i really enjoyed it!

I'm lost in the jungle because I'm still waiting the activation code and I tried to hurry the game a bit. Now I'm totally lost when I continue :lol: I could start over though :)

GoN was probably my favorite of all of the Aveyond games. I especially like how you can get different endings depending on who Edward marries. I am curious to see how the last chapter works, since all of the different endings will have such an impact on the third chapter. I like the Stella ending the best just because she's my favorite character. I also loved the compass just like everyone else seems to. Can't wait for the next part!

Ok, I must say I love this game. A lot. It kept me entertained the whole way and was a wild and wholesome ride. But THIS was the game. LoT was just a tiny little piece of the story- basically just the introduction to Gyendal. I say this after starting a new game in GoN. It includes a lot of LoT in it. GoN is the game, to me LoT is just the paid preview.

But aside from that AV3 is pretty much perfect. Gorgeous, fun, and it has an engaging, intellectual storyline. Anyways, I'll list what I like (and dislike) about it here.

The Good:

-Playing dress-up with Lydia. The system of putting on the dresses made sense and did not clog up your item inventory. And some of the dresses are absolutely beautiful. My personal favorites where those int the Ghed'ahre shop. I also liked the Aveyond store. I did not like the Tar Vedron store. Also, I noticed a small coloring error in her pigtails when she is not wearing her original dress or the Stormbend equivalents. The pigtails turn a brighter green than the hair on her actual head. Not A big deal, but still...

-The Moo's Hatchery and Museum of Ancient Artifacts sidequests. I always had another egg to look forward to hatching, or, to a lesser extent, another artifact. However, the eggs, besides the Bomber Bird eggs and the Easter Bunny eggs, were rather useless. I found the Ancient magic book very nice. The second spell from it I found incredibly useful. It hit 10,000 damage every turn to Gyendal! I have no idea if this is a glitch.

-The houses! I love Pemberly Keep. However, I have heard that you can live in the palace if Edward gets engaged to Mel. It should have worked for everyone. I was disappointed that it did not as I chose Stella this last time. Of course, I think it also kept her alive. If she had died... Well....

-The story, of course. This is the reason we play Aveyond, isn't it? This story had lots of twists and turns and was incredibly well done. It had some repitition and such. But gathering the Quarter Keys was still fun. And put into this all is a bunch of minigames. I wish we could have used the skills we learned at the spy places in more than one area though. Rope climbing was only used once. There was a single rope to use that skill on. Now that was just lame. Plus, it was not even a required place for the story.

-The bottom-of-the-screen interface was beautiful and very useful. You start to wonder how we played the previous games without it.

-The difficulty level is perfect. Unlike AV1 it never gets to a truly awful level of difficulty (well, the original AV1) but it never gets ridiculouslybeasy like in AV2.

The Bad:

-Ulf. He has no part past breaking out of prison and into the castle. He needs a bigger part in the next game. Way bigger. He also came into the game too late. I had already chosen my posse and it did not sound appealing to have to get entirely new stuff for him. I just left him be, and I'm sure many others did the same.

-We did not get a Stella wedding scene at the very least and possibly nonwedding scene at all. I always looked forwards to the wedding at the end of these games.

-Small graphical errors that do not REALLY matter but take away from the overall polish of the game. The most noticeable is on hillsides where there are curvy pieces together. Between these curves is a small spot with the absense of the hillside border. This looks sort of strane. I understand why this is and realize that it would not make much sense, but I like my games missing this small degree of sloppiness.

-Reusing old tilesets. Not a big deal, but there are quite a few tilesets taken from AV2, and I think it would have been better otherwise. This is not at all a big deal, just disappointing.

My bad stuff is really mildly deficient. Not so much bad as not up to par with the rest of the game. This game really is amazing I was also surprised at the ending (Stella ending). I expected it to be really open ended for the next game. Instead it's totally self-contained. It does not even need a sequel at all. But I am still really excited for Book 3. Maybe it will have the Arishta Isles this time. That would be great.

Okay, I completed every quest this time around...except I forgot to collect the $$$ from Fedor, the winery owner. Very fun! I like the Mel/Edward ending much better. Kind of wish they had shown their wedding...maybe it will be in the next chapter. I still didn't get to go into that room....

The Arishta Isles would be really cool. I also felt that it was self contained, and I am curious as to where we will go in the next chapter since we seem to have explored everything on this world map.

HELP! I cant get past Venwood cause I cant open the blue chest how do you open it please I'm killing myself trying to get this done I am a huge Aveyond fan please help!

TheAdderSnatcher wrote:

GoN was probably my favorite of all of the Aveyond games. I especially like how you can get different endings depending on who Edward marries. I am curious to see how the last chapter works, since all of the different endings will have such an impact on the third chapter. I like the Stella ending the best just because she's my favorite character. I also loved the compass just like everyone else seems to. Can't wait for the next part!

Yeah, me too. How in the world is Amanda going to keep all the threads straight from each game ending.. don't envy her, but well.. she's the one who set it up that way!!

Pmck, I deleted your multiple posts.

1. This thread clearly says it's not the place you should be asking for help with the game

2. Please read the forum rules - avoid double (triple posting) and give people a chance to respond

3. Did you do a search? This question has been asked by several people and answered several times

4. Your question is the very first one answered in the FAQ, pinned at the top of the forum.

We're glad to have you here, but please do try and help yourself before asking others for the answer, and if you really can't find the answer, create a new thread ;)

I have this question....

In the walkthrough, you say that if Edward propose to Stella, she will give him an item that will ensure a happy ending. But if he didn't propose, what will happen? In the end of the game Stella has died. If so, are you saying that we won't have a healer from now on? If not, in the next chapter, will she revive? I REALLY, REALLY need her in the party! I have had a tough time fighting without her! So, if possible, could you please do something in the next chapter to help Stella revive? I like this game so much, I've started over 2 times and I don't want to start it again! Stella did her best, and I don't want her to disappear like that, how sadly....Or, why don't you create a character with the healing power like her? I think that there are many people who doesn't like it this way too...

Hm, thanks for your reply, but what I'm trying to say is I already known that she will die if he doesn't propose, but I don't want that to happen, so I'm asking if Amanda can fix this at the next chapter, like do something that can revive her afterward...or create some new character. I'm not used to heal party with items, so that's why I don't like it. Actually I like Stella pretty much too, but she is a little noob...or something else like that.