Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Guides, Maps, Walkthroughs, FAQ

It will be a while before any of these are moved over to this forum. If you're desperate for maps or walkthroughs in the meantime, check out the Official Strategy Guide

If we will now have to buy the walkthroughs, which those Official Strategy Guides are never good, I won't be buying anymore Aveyond games.

That will make it $20.00 for half a game.

Frankly I can't afford that these days. And, that will be the end of my game buying.

Carol, the maps & guides will be posted in a while ... just not immediately. LoT was the first game for which we ever posted them right away ... it was always weeks (often months for walkthroughs) before they were posted for previous games.

We're sorry if that means you won't buy them anymore, because you will miss some spectacular games.

@Unicornlady - shaz didn't say you HAD to purchase the guide. She just said things won't be posted here right away, so if you are desperate for help, you can buy the strategy guide.

(In any case, you don't need a walkthrough to play the game.)

No need to buy the strategy guide, Carol. :) It's just for people who are hopelessly stuck, and walkthroughs take the fun from the game. You can play and think for yourself where to go next etc, and if you really are stuck post here and we'll be glad to help you. :)

Half the fun is to wander around and talk to everyone. Trying to figure out where to go next. The walk through only gives you 5 min of viewing time for free, which isnt alot of time if your looking for something specific.

Buying the strategy guide is not a "have to", it's an option. I would buy it, in case I need any instant help or I am stuck, but, the entire game is NOT ruined if you can't afford to buy the guide. In fact, it's just the opposite - think of it as an adventure and an opportunity to play a game without help, because then when you win the game, you can be proud of your accomplishments.

I am spoiled you see, and I do need the Maps!! I have a rotten sense of direction, even my 11 year old grandaughter tells me where to go in the games without maps! The rest I do eventually figure out. :lol: But the maps are just a have to with me.

I did not realize that the strategy guide was from BFG. They do not allow you to copy the maps, and use them. So it is a big hassle at times. It's your own fault, because usually this site has the best walkthroughs and Maps. So we get spoiled!! :)

I prepared the strategy guide for BFG. This one is MUCH better than the LoT guide. But there's no way to print it out, unfortunately.

You might find keeping a notebook and pen by your computer useful. Sketch out "mud maps" so you can at least see what paths you've followed, and mark important places on them. That might make it just a little easier while you're waiting for all the maps to be posted :)

Don't worry, UnicornLady, I got lost, too (I'm another "Granny Gamer"). And I draw terrible maps! No artistic ability whatsoever. So I try to follow the rule of turning only one way -- I proceed either always to the left or always to the right, and eventually I get out of wherever I am. But getting lost lets you do lots of exploring and get lots of level-up points in combat! Just be sure you're well-supplied (which I always do, being a military veteran)!

And I write my own walk-through as I play the game.

It's a good strategy, but there are some locations (I can think of Wyrm Forest East and Shadow Woods North off the top of my head - likely other places too) where sticking always to the left or right will not show you everything there is to see, as the paths circle around and join up together. So there's a whole area in the middle that you miss out on :)

I sympathise with you - even in RL, with a map I can get from anywhere to anywhere, but without one I'm hopelessly lost :D

I don't usually use maps. I like walkthroughs only cause you will get to know where everything is and for any problems the answer is right there. Right now though I won't be getting the guide. Maybe later after playing through it and just for the extra things. I got the guides for ap through av2 and now when I play I don't use them, don't need them. If I do its just for a detail here and there. They do take the surprise out of the game. Right now I'm enjoying wandering around not knowing where to go or what to do. I had a moment back when I was trying to figure out about the pirates and heptitus, but then I came upon the candy quest so I figured it out.

SPOILERS FOR THE GAME AHEAD. If you have not completed the portion of the game after collecting the four quarter keys, or do not wish to find out what happens, please do not read on.

Ah, I was just wondering which one of the ice caves in Istir Forest Stella's hiding in. >_> I can't find her anywhere.

For some reason, I just don't like the Official Strategy Guide *shudders at thought* I rather be so lost in the game then use it (I like "home-made" guides that are more friendly and sweet! But, everyone has their own preference. I am thinking about making a guide for Gates of Night or Lord of Twilight, PM if you have a suggestion as to which Chapter I should do. :)

A player has already done a guide for Lord of Twilight. I haven't seen anyone mention yet that they're planning on doing one for Gates of Night. If you're sure you want to take it on, I'd suggest GoN.

I just got GoN so haven't played much yet. Although it won't help regarding a walkthrough or guide, at least we should be able to use maps from LoT for areas that are the same! :)

I love the games, and it's fun to try to puzzle it out for ourselves for a little while knowing if we're really stuck we can ask a question and get help. The walk-thru I'm sure will be great when it comes out, but it's nice to have a chance to muddle thru stuff on my own first. :)

I've ended the game, its an Awesome Game :D worth to wait ^_^, playing it for 3 days ( >< )

I choose Edwar ended up with Mell :loving:

but Stella dead :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If I choose Stella then she wouldn't dead, wouldn't she? .. I'm tired to re-play to know the answer, can anybody tell me?

btw, do Stella live again in next Aveyond-The Lost Orb?

thank you :)