Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
luckeeladee

Strategies on Final Battles

@Chisa: I think the berserk amulet from much earlier on in the game will defend against Thrall, other attacks are helped by undead amulets. The weevil scrolls in town work well - just keep healing the party and let the vampires die. Several spells and weapons can cause the vampires to attack each other instead of only attacking you.

Good Luck, it is a hard fight and one of the hardest in the game.

Ok.I have finished this chapter on every difficulty except hard.Gyendal is impossible to defeat!Plague,Poison and Trip don't work to well here and when using Pooka it does a very low amount of damage,unlike in Normal Mode.Any suggestions guys?

Ok,that's off my question guys!I said that Poison and plague won't help even at Lvl.99!And Pooka is useless!And i keep attacking Gyendal but with no result!Stella keeps healing him,I can't trip her even with 9 luck!Any USEFUL sugestions?

Sory,my mistake and,as I said is useless!Try something useful.

Ok,that's off my question guys!I said that Poison and plague won't help even at Lvl.99!And Pooka is useless!And i keep attacking Gyendal but with no result!Stella keeps healing him,I can't trip her even with 9 luck!Any USEFUL sugestions?

I put weevils on Stella and Gyendal (Stella won't mind much) and with Lydia I used the spells from the Book of Faery. Edward of course with his Sun Diamond Excalibur and the fourth person can vary but I've used Ulf most.

If you have spider eggs, use those. If you have Weevil scrolls, use those. If Lydia has the spell Mortmal's Swarm, use that. All three things will inflict a status on Gyendal that will cause him to continually lose more HP than Stella can heal.

Don't try to kill Stella - she's not doing you any damage, and if you use one of the above, her healing is negated. Concentrate your attacks on Gyendal.

Also check out this thread, which has a wealth of discussion and suggestions for this battle.

My tactic was as simple as it could be and worked perfectly. I had Mel, Edward, Lydia and Galahad in my party, all of them at around level 40-43 and equipped with their best weapons/armor (except for Galahad who I didn't give Thor but the Medusa Sword), plus Lucky Charm/Toad Amulet against Gyendal's curses.

In the first round I tripped Stella, let Edward use a Spider Egg to poison them all, Lydia used Siren (which she learned from the Book of Faery), and Galahad attacked Gyendal. Repeat this until both are poisoned and Gyendal is turned to stone. After that DO NOT attack Gyendal any further, as this would "unstone" him! Just keep on tripping Stella (or turn her to stone as well), let Edward and Galahad defend, and Lydia use some more magic.

I was lucky, Gyendal turned to stone in my very first round and Stella two rounds later, from that point on I just defended and let the poison plus Lydias magic do the work without being damaged at all.

Nice strategy, but it would only work for people who played chapter 1 and got the poison egg, and who were lucky enough to get the Medusa Sword instead of one of the other two prizes from that battle.

Yours could potentially be the easiest final boss round I've ever seen :D

It was amazing. I was like: "What? That was it?" It took me forever to beat Ahriman in Aveyond 1, finding a good strategy and actually win the final battles in Aveyond 2 took me quite a while as well and then this. No damage, only some lost mana for Lydia. I repeated it two more times and it worked again and again. I couldn't believe it :D

It was so easy.

I had Thor, Osmium Dagger, Crusher...well, everything of the goodie caves. -_-'

Anyway, I used Mel, Edward, Tei'jal, and Galahad. Or was it Lydia? Heheheh...

Well, trip Gyendal, then get every other party member to attack, if you're not using Lydia. If you use Lydia, Siren Song is good.

Keep doing this until Gyendal dies. If you group attack, then Stella's heal won't be enough.

If you got Lydia, throw in a few Status-changing spells. Book of Faery spells, particularly.

Well, I was at level 61.

My character is at 47 and i win easily. use the strategy trip gyendal first next trip stella use Mortmall swarm and/or spider egg at least you level 40 up(expert) :D

I do things the real hard way - let my characters go to the pain of dealing with deadly monsters. I often do the job of fighting monsters either in the Mirror Cave, Mysten Far's outskirts, or that desert outside Orc Empire. Keep doing it until I am able to finish them within a number of attacks (like 5), and once I see the HP sufficient enough to go to the final stage, go go go!

When I reached the Underworld, I continued leveling-up by fighting the monsters in Memory Cavern. Make sure you save a lot. You need those! After gaining a lot of gold, by what you need.

Tripping Gyendal is also a very good strategy, but beware when the trip does not work on him anymore. Make sure that you have items that can be used to refresh your HP and your MP. You can use Te'ijal's blood sucking technique (I forgot what that is called).

I'm at the end of the GoN game where Mel has to defeat the vampire. I forgot his name lol. Anyways i cannot beat him and do not know how to. I only got Mel, Ulf, And Lydia. There my only players and i dont have anything else to revive the others. How can i get past this. Any advice please ive been trying forever to beat this game.

My strategy is simple, altho it took me some time to figure out.

I have Mel, Tei'jal, Lydia and Ulf in my party, all equipped with their best armor/weapons (I never use goodie caves) adn over level 40. After you find Istorm for Ulf in Memory Caves, he is easily one of the best attackers, dealing around 3000 HP each round.

In the first round I use Mel's trip, Tei'jal's paralyze, Lydia's Succubus and Ulf uses a poisoned spider egg. After Gyendal can't attack, I just keep tripping him each round and attacking him with Tei'jal and Ulf, while Lydia casts Pooka. It takes a couple of rounds, but I find it more entertaining to attack than to keep healing yourself.

Tripping Stella never worked for me, but that might be a good thing to try.

I had Lydia,Mel,Galahad and Tei'jal in my party,all at level 99.Therefore,it was pretty easy to defeat Gyendal.

Highlight to read

I kept bumping into the goodie caves and they have the best equippable weapons and armour,also all spells.The level-up goodie cave allows ur characters to level up till lvl 99,at which point they all have high attacks and defense.I'm glad I explored for those goodie caves.Lydia's spells are very helpful and so is galahad's attack.

note: Gyendal doesn't actually die.He becomes weaker but stella keeps healing him.Finally,Mel speaks and you are taken out of the battle.You have to keep intact till then ;)

LOT means Lord of Twilight.Actually, it's quite hard to defeat LOT so I suggest you make Lydia do Succubus on LOT because it'll do major damage on him and Mel trips LOT and Stella. Then, Galahad or Ulf (if got Istorm) or Te'ijal( if got Crusher) or Edward strike LOT. Continue doing that till he perishes then Stella's gonna revive him. Then talk,talk,talk,talk.