Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
luckeeladee

Strategies on Final Battles

The final battle was a cakewalk for me! :D I just made Galahad use his Medusa's sword (even though I had his best sword Thor, I prefer this one anyday ;) ) to turn Stella and Gyendal into stone and vanquished them really effortlessly. :D

ok i defeated him with Mel lvl:21, Edward lvl:25, Te'ijal lvl:25 'nd Lydia lvl:25.

i used mels trip every second round, and attacked every other. Even trough edward and lydia got cursed(took berserk amulets instead) they were pretty good, i used edward most most for healing items and using weevils scroll, and lydias siren.

The weevil's took care of stella's healing and gave good extra damage. and i used te'ijal for attack.

Almost at the end te'ijal got cursed too, and mels trip missed alot. so i used te'ijals absorb to heal the heavy damage she got from gyendal.

finaly i killed him, very surprised when i came in here and saw others use lvl 40 - 60's that i had used lvl 20 - 25's (even trough i'ts second time playing it, last time i used the goodie caves to go spell armor lvl and weapon and lost 4 or more times)

Ps. no of my chars did die even a single time in the fight

The armor was the ones found in these places: Faria: Charm-hat

Naylith: exalibur sun, that shield, tei/ed's Charm-armor(can't remember who :( ) 'nd mels omnium-dagger

Ghed'are: Skull helmet for tei and shadow uni for mel

Memory caves: Dead cloak - Lidy, crusher - tei, moon staff - lidy and shadow armor - Tei/ed (same as in naylith)

Seer's cavern: Blessed shield - mel

I completed it for this and 2'nd time today ;)

Edit: i used no goodies

So I've already played the first two aveyonds before and beaten them, but I had to redo my hard drive so I had to start them all over. I got to the very end where I'm trying to beat Gylendal (sp) and he won't die and stella won't have a moment of clarity and help us! I spent 2 hours one night just on trying to kill him and I finally got tired of it and had him kill me.... I'm wondering if this isn't a glitch?

No, it's not a glitch. You'll eventually get the better of him. 2 hours? You must have gone really slowly, or had a HEAP of restoratives :)

Check this thread for some strategies. Seems if you can hit him with a status-changing item (something with poison, or weevils), he'll do a pretty good job of taking himself out, leaving you to keep your party alive.

ok I'll try that again. I remember the last time I beat him at one point they all stopped fighting and were all talking about how it's impossible to beat him because stella keeps healing him and then she comes back to herself and kills him herself... so here I go again lol

I reallly, really, had trouble with this. I followed some people's advice, so you should try doing: Mel - Trip (I made her trip Stella everytime)

Galahad - Attack

Lydia - Basshumus? I forget what's it called. Or Siren, but Basshumus helps more in my opinion.

Te'Ji - Drain, Heal everyone, Use weezles spell twice.

If you keep doing that, you might win ;3.

Fighting Gyendal:

> The main secret is to fight equipped with BERSERK AMULETS, TRIP Stella and poison Gyendal using SPIDER EGG.

1. Party recommendations are Mel, Te'ijal, Ulf and Galahad. You may use Lydia but restoring her mana when it is low will just add to you burden. Besides, the damage to the enemy of her spells is not so different from Ulf or Galahad. Edward is the weakest so just let him watch the fight.

2. Equip your battlers with the best weapons and armors; the ones you got from the chests in Memory Cave. All your battlers should wear Berserk Amulet because Gyendal’s Curse of Despair inflicts berserk state. If you have Berserk Amulets equipped, you are immune from berserk.

3. Let Te'ijal or Galahad use Spider Egg on her/his very first turn. Don't stop casting Spider Egg until Gyendal is poisoned. The moment Gyendal is poisoned, he will be poisoned until the end, so you don't have to use much Spider Eggs. As to Stella, it's fine if she's not poisoned.

4. Let Mel cast her Trip spell on Stella for the whole duration of the fight. Mel’s Trip spell is not always successful; she misses some times. Keep on tripping Stella even if she is tripped already. Keep in mind that Stella must always be tripped or else she will heal Gyendal over and over. The fight will be longer than necessary and Gyendal will have more chance of casting Lightning Grid, which can kill all of your battlers in one go.

5. Use Te’ijal’s Drain skill on Gyendal if her health is below 25%.

6. Ulf and Galahad should attack Gyendal; they are the strongest.

7. Your health should be always full. Use Tinctura Hypericum if your health is not full.

* You can also use Easter Egg if you are out of Tintura Hypericum but it is too risky because it doesn't always restore health. It can only restore mana (which Mel, Te'ijal, Ulf and Galahad don't have) or worse, it can curse your entire party (the last thing you need in a fight with the toughest enemy).

8. If any of your party members die, you have no choice but to use cassia leaf; and then replenish all health of that character.

9. Hint: I was able to defeat Gyendal on Level 42-43 on expert mode using the strategy above. However, if you can’t take Gyendal down on this level, just level up on Memory Cave. Monsters there give up to 2000 experience each.

10. It can take several tries to defeat Gyendal. If you are patient, you can defeat him eventually.

P.S. After about fifty tries, I managed to defeat Gyendal using only one spider egg. On this occasion, I poisoned Gyendal on the first attempt, and tripped Stella repeatedly. Gyendal didn’t cast Lightning Grid so I was not forced to use any healing items. After about ten cycles, the fight is done.

maybe the only reason i didn't have difficulty was because i played on easy?

I knew what was coming so i unequipped stella in advance.

once mel re-joined the party i used all my level eggs, which i had been saving all game.

I stocked up on potions (i can't remember if they were called that or tonics or whatever) at the ghedadre store, as well as weevil spells.

Mel used trip and possibly chicken dance, Edward did his usual hacking and slashing... Te'ijal and Galahad mostly provided item support, i.e. weevil spells and heals.

There was no point to unequipping Stella, since her weapons and armors don't add to her strength.

Anyway, I say keep Lydia. Her Succubus Spell works even more wonders than Spider Egg.

Just a note - if you ever give someone equipment and later have to face them in battle, the equipment you gave them has NO EFFECT on them in battle as your enemy. You can remove all their weapons and armor, or you could give them the very best weapons and armor, and it will have no effect.

The only benefit you get by removing this gear is that you can sell it and spend the money on gear for your other characters, or restoratives. It makes no difference to that character in battle.

I've played with Mel (okay, you can't kick her out, unfortunately), Te'ijal, Galahad and Lydia.

Mel - she was doing trip or throwing items, as Spider Egg (you really need to throw this because otherwise it's harder to beat them), healing stuff and etc. Her Trip spell worked even on Gyendal! One time, but it's better something than anything. And her attack was useful, too but the Trip spell was better.

Te'ijal - her attack was really effective, and she was using her Drain spell if her health was really low.

Galahad - he was probably the strongest one in my party and his attack was great.

Lydia - she used Succubus spell as her first attack and it worked perfectly. Later, when I throw him Spider Egg, she was using Siren.

I barely touched Stella and still won.

I choosed normal mode.

Mel was Level 36, Te'ijal and Lydia were Level 39 and Galahad was Level 41.

I tried three times. And throwing Spider Egg as my first turn was not effective to me. For some reason, I had to make Lydia use Succubus spell at first and after that throwing them a Spider Egg was successful. :o

People!!! In real, the secret is MEDUSA SWORD!!! Equip it on Galahad and first, hit Gyendal until he becomes a stone. Then made the same to Stella. Whatever you do, don't hit them because doing it can turn the opponents back to life. Poison, use LYDIA'S drain, etc to make them lose their HP. This is the best tactic.

I couldn't beat the last boss (Gyendhal??) what is the final scene please? Did I miss a lot?

By the way it would be nice to read all Aveyond story somewhere.

Thanks

Out of boredom... I typed up a full walkthrough for the final battle. Here it is:

GoN's final battle is much harder than any other we've had before.

Equipment really, really, matters for this fight. If you have low levels and bad equipment... the fight could easily be over within one turn.

So, make SURE you equip the party with Berserk amulets as their accessory. Berserk is the only aliment that Gyendal inflicts that you can’t heal-and while it wears off after a turn or two, you lose a party member usually.

As for weapons, status-changing ones work wonders. Galahad=Medusa Sword= VERY easy fight. If you stone Gyendal or Stella on the first round, you're guaranteed to have it semi-easy. Also, the Charmed Dagger is great for Mel. It poisons the target, which is great if you have no spider eggs or weevil scrolls. Excalibur Pearl SOMETIMES puts enemies to sleep, but it never seems to work for me. Galahad's Charmed Sword also poisons, I think- so it's a good idea to use it. As for Lydia's staff, base it on what kind of magic it enhances.

Give the party Naylithian armor. It protects against magic, and that's pretty much all that will be coming at you- magic attacks.

Make sure you have plenty of restoratives before you head off to find the Orb of Light, as you can't so anything in Ghed'ahre. Also, have a lot of spider eggs and weevil scrolls, as they will be your best friend during the fight.

Also, NEVER attack Stella. It will do nothing at all, as you can’t kill her.

As for your party...

You have to use Mel. For me, she was definitely the weakest, so have Mel's priority be to Trip Stella and throw spider eggs/ weevil scrolls.

You definitely want Galahad fighting if you have the Medusa Sword. The Medusa Sword is a drop from the Medusa fight (if you have a save file from there, it is definitely worth it to go back and reload, as the sword really shortens the fight,), and it turns enemies into stone! With Gyendal and Stella stoned, the fight is way too easy.

Ulf has really powerful attacks, but I know most people don't bother with him. If you have armor and Istrom, Ulf will definitely be your best fighter.

Te'ijal is very useful because she has her Drain skill, healing herself and damaging Gyendal at the same time. How awesome is that? Unfortunately, she has the lowest HP, and I found her attacks just average.

Do not ever, ever use Lydia if you don't have the status-altering spells (you know, like Banshee and Pooka?), as they work the best on Gyendal.

Edward is pretty good, too- Excalibur Sun Diamond works really well on Gyendal.

I would recommend having- besides Mel, of course- Galahad or Ulf, Edward or Lydia, and Te'ijal as your party.

For your first turn...

MEL:

If Galahad isn't fighting/doesn't have the Medusa sword: Have her use her Trip skill on Stella. It may or may not work, but if it does it really shortens the battle.

If Galahad has the Medusa sword: Have her use a spider egg or a weevil scroll

EDWARD:

Attack, OR throw a spider egg or a weevil scroll if Mel hasn't.

GALAHAD:

Attack

ULF:

Attack

TE'IJAL:

Use Paralyze on Stella- it rarely works, but it lasts longer than Trip if it does.

If you used the Medusa Sword on her already, have Te'ijal attack

LYDIA:

Any of her status- altering spells.

After that, it's pretty simple- just keep attacking, and always have the person with the HIGHEST HP use restoratives, unless everyone is very close to dying. Also, save the Tinctura Hypericum until said situation, as Te'ijal's Drain heals her and does damage at the same time. Have Mel Trip Stella every turn unless she's stoned or paralyzed. Throw another spider egg or weevil scroll every so often.

It isn't necessary for Stella to be tripped/stoned/paralyzed, but it makes the fight a lot easier. Heck, on my goodie cave save, where I had both Stella and Gyendal stoned, I won the fight with only Ulf having less than full H- and he was 2999/3000. Easy, right?