Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosebroken

Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition

Amanda has given me permission to fix the game, i'm currently awaiting her response if I will be allowed to add new stuff like experience bars and such. If anyone knows of any bugs,map/sprite/item problems post them here and let me know.

This sounds like a cool project. :)

Are you looking for new bugs that haven't been posted on the forum before? Or are you trying to get a list of everything here?

I replayed this game just a couple weeks ago, and had I known about this project, I would have made a list.

Here are a few things off the top of my head, that I'm sure have been posted before. If you're looking for just new issues, I'll edit my post to remove them.

* When the party first arrives in Thais to attend the School of War and Magick [sic], the bridge (where the "canoe" appears later) is supposed to be blocked by an NPC. You can walk around the NPC and cross the bridge anyway.

* When the party defeats the Dark Sprite, they get stuck on top of the hill with the Tree Spirit, until they talk to her twice to repeat the conversation.

* If the player mashes the enter key too eagerly during the final battle, they sometimes get stuck in the room where Zorom and the Dark Priest were. Even though the battle is "won" it never goes to the ending screens.

And like silverceri said, there are spelling mistakes. "priestess" and "sorceress" get creative spellings as well.

I don't know if this is possible, but I'd wish for a different battle system. I love the game, but having to use the battle system always gets me off.

Oh, and I remember this bug:

Sometimes, when you go back to Elden (if you've been to the mainland before) the game crashes. You get a "script error" message.

aislingyngaio I know, I wanted to make my own thread on this subject since aveyond06 has given it up. Rabbit I want any bugs you've found that is if they have not already been posted. I myself have played through the game a few times and am currently finishing up with the last 2 guilds, I also tend to go through with each guild and do a low level challenge, Amanda has given me permission to make a new walkthrough since mike leachs is old and not the greatest in detail in some areas, especially the monster section.

rabbit I've also experienced this bugs. the bridge is a major thing I will fix. It allows you to do many things you should not be able to do before you save alicia. a few, getting fredrick. becoming a wicked witch and getting a weapon for talia with 108 atk and poisons, or becoming a priesstess.

There are quite a few bugs with a lot of bosses dealing with that. I will see if I can make an event to stop that or find another way to. When that happens with the dark sprite it also has the potential to crash the game. With lord zorom/ahriman and the dark priest if talia dies that will happen when you kill him. I'm looking into that one some more to see if thats the only reason.(but anyways why mass the enter key? the spacebar is the attack button lol. I know its not the only one but its the listed one in the tutorial. ^.^)

silverceri, that is one of the items I did not catch myself. ^.^

The problem with returning to elden and crashing usually happens when you fight the bee by the bridge. This happens mostly after boss fights if you bugged out either moving too early after the boss died or interrupting an event.

Actually, I think it would be nice if Ahriman's Prophecy was remade with RMXP. I actually wouldn't mind doing it myself, it would give me experience working with RMXP that I badly need. Oh, and it's Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition, not Addition.

Well I'll be going over it with rpgmaker 2003 and either rpg maker xp or vx.

Also Amanda has allowed me to add new features, quests, etc. So if anyone has any suggestions let me know and i'll talk them over with Amanda if they are feasible and don't throw the game off too much.

A sprite change for Talia, would be nice. Since it's too pixelated.. I liked v.1 more. Plus, it would be nice if it could have a side battle system like Everlong. ^^

I have not started it yet, I am still going through and finding everything I can right now to make the process easier. I'm also making a new walktrough and a low level challenge so its going to take me some time.

Lol hopefully a lot less time then that.

M.C I created a new grownup sprite of Talia, let me know what you think. I'm also thinking of making different sprites for her based on the guild she is in.

width=300http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/skierose/th_Talia.png[/img]

I'll be making new guilds for Devin as well since he is really lacking in the skills department. Perhaps like a gladiator will be one, he will have to fight the guy in the Tar Vedron colliseum who says he is undefeated.

I will try making the colliseum more useable, as in having an npc allow you to fight monsters in there, for a price, and you get a reward for winning. I will either make this a accumaltive thing, or the npc will have a list of difficulties, eg: level1, level2... level10.

Some people like the game to be based on a wait system combat. Basicly like aveyonds, I really don't like the feel of that for ahriman's prophecy. I may make a version with it just for those of you who do like that. I will most likely add an options button to the main title screen allowing you to choose which version you want to play, the active battle system, or the wait time battle system.

I would like suggestions people so post. ^.^

She looks great; it suits her. Though, she may need a new faceset? As for the battle system, it doesn't requiers to be one that you need to wait. But a side view one, woud be great! I would really love that! As for Devin, hope to see his sprite soon. It would also be nice if the text style would change, so we can read better. Plus, a window skin changing. Devin's skills should be something like "Ice Blade", elemental things? Since he's a skilled swordsman/warrior..

Ya, thats basicly the same thing as a wait battle system, I may include an option for it on the new version, so people can pick which they prefer.

Here are some more Talia Sprites.

width=300http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/skierose/th_NewTalia.png[/img]

And here are some Devin Sprites. The top are his hair color from V1 and the bottom is his hair color from V2. the first sprite set would be his new sprite for his young self.

width=300http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/skierose/th_Devin.png[/img]

Good luck with this. :)

The most annoying bug in this whole thing is the 'event not existing' bug. If you can fix that, major kudos. Couldn't figure out this nasty bugger.

Another one that pops up often is switch 0864 'fight big enemy' which often prevents one from talking/fighting various things.

And if you figure it out, could ya tell me how to implement new monsters into AP? (using rpg2k3). I know how to manipulate the existing monsters, but never figured out how to make new ones.