Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosebroken

Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition

Do anyone know a bug that happens when you defeat Lord Zorom after you give Gevolda some mirror? I every time just during dialog press Esc to restore HP and I press mentioned key and I get 300 points of experience bonus. I repeat this about 50 times and I get max. class. That's enough for me to defeat Ahriman.

Also, when I must save the princess, I kill blue old wizard in Thais forest. Just because this Talia and Devin become a children. This bug I fix when I press Esc for menu.

I used to take advantage of your first bug (Repeat battling Gevolda) but after a few times playing the game, it just got too easy to go through rest of the game to the final battle.

It's like a cheat that you can't really enjoy since you already have gotten all 6 relics, then there is no need to really do anything else but the final steps to battle Ahriman.

If this glitch can be fixed in the advanced edition, it would be more enjoyable.

No, bug don't repeating the battle. That's happens after it and bug just repeating Gevolda's words after finishing the battle.

Also if Jack go with Vel, and you recruit him in your party again, he will got max HP (I'm using APGod.zip file).

I will fix all of this. The event not appearing is due to trying to activate the menu while its trying to activate the battle menu or your oopening your menu too soon before or after and event and it will crash I'm thinking off makeing a different key for the battle menu and such. Aisling there is no reason to make an entirely new game I am not changing vast sections of the game, just prolems and making it a little more enjoyable. More character interaction is a good thing.

I'm working on the event not existing issue, I'm trying to implement menu opening restrictions, but if that fails to work then I will try something else. The fight big enemy switch, I haven't had a problem with that, could you elaborate what you mean exactly? You want to implement new monsters? As in creating new ones that are 24x32 and make their attack 1 attack 2 data, EXP, HP, etc. I believe you just need to create them in common event arrays, Under Initialize Enemies it will have all the monsters var number twice one for their HP, and one for their EXP. Just create your monsters HP and EXP then edit everything else about them. If your talking about trying to place them on maps and have them work properly, I am having trouble with that myself, I always get the event not found error and it closes, quite bothersome.

So KTC, you just play around with the games material, or were you one who helped make it?

Here is a new menu, I'm not sure if i'm going to keep it yet or not. The Experience thing took me awhile to learn from scratch lol, I went through at least 15 different ways about it and finally figured one out that worked, this just shows the total EXP, if anyone knows a way to show current/needed exp I'd be greatly appreciative if you could let me know how so I don't have to spend needless time trying things out, even though it wouldn't hurt to do so.

width=300http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii175/skierose/th_NewMenu.png[/img]

Sorry for the images small size I was having difficulties.

Still too tiny, but I can see it. It's good at least there's added a section where we can see what level we have. So, anything more? Will be there new equipment?

Well it would help if I had more input on suggestions items and such and for who, I know the game is getting old but still. I do believe Fredrick should get some new weapons at least up to before dragon and unicorn, so yeah, i'll think on the new equipment, once I figure out how to implement new monsters 100% bug free I will. I'm also testing a few new quests, i've made an outline map of the well in elden island, Derk will finally be able to meet with Kenia, that is if the player finds her before Talia grows up ^.^ I've added some more dialogue to the treasure hunter seeking the haunted forest, he will initiate a new quest later on. I've gone through and modified the teleports, removed unecessary events, i'm adding new area monsters, but i've encountered some lag with that so I may have to rethink that on certain sized maps. I've fixed about 75% of the map issues i've found the includes areas you could walk on walls or through areas you shouldnt be able to, i've fixed the bridge area before the wyrmwood pass you can no longer go through it before saving the princess theres now two workers so you can't get past. Thats just a few things, I'm still messing around with the inflexible scripts, since you can't really write your own it limits what you can and can't do, but there is still a great amount I can do. I'm thinking about adding another island perhaps in the northeast section of the worldmap since its kinda bare up there, maybe a bigger snow area.

Wow, everything sounds great, so far. You can always take something from AV series, since in AP everything began anyway. Btw, can you add Hawaii? Jkjk. XD

As for the Isle, something like.. well, Amandion Isle? Or something like that? That name came in my name right now, so consider it random. <3

Woohooo, you've definitely been busy. Unfortunately the images you posted are really to small for me to make out how Talia in Devin will look.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Eagerly waiting for new AP.

As for new items... I don't know, I didn't really think anything much was missing from the game. What I'd really like to see, one the other hand, would be Devin getting some new elemental sword-based tehnics. But that has already been suggested anyway. Oh, and maybe Jack could have some of Mel's skills (or something similar), not only lockpick and steal.

I'm thinking of making maps to all those locked houses and having Jack be able to open them, it will be based around the same way as the chests though so you won't be able to open every single house all at once.

I would like quest suggestions. I've worked some out for myself and am still testing them.

I will be giving Devin some elemental based skills, I am thinking of implementing an strickly elemental class for him, along with gladiater.\

the images are small because photobucket is being gae, i'll mess around with it and try to make them bigger.

Has anyone come across the invisible locked vat in Candar, it is behind the first tower like structure on the left side before heading into the candar castle, your character wont be able to walk north and if you press the spacebar or enter it will crash the game with a failed to open suikoden_2 image or something, which has to due with Jacks image from a previous version, the event was never removed but the vat image was.

Would you people like to see monsters actually have defense instead of them all having their defense set to 0? It would make me have to change around the weapons values and armor values but it would have a more real feel instead of all the monsters being hit the same.

You mean main story of AP?

I don't like changing the main stories of games when modding it kinda kills the purpose, If I wanted to shcange the main story i'd just make my own game. ^.^ So don't worry about this.

I'm currently working with a new coliseum event. I'm implementing a challenge from herman the terrible you have to fight ten rounds in the coliseum and then after that you will be allowed access to fight the rounds as much as you want. I want peoples input if the prizes should be the same or if they should be changed, or randomized with a few selections for each round?

Sorry for the late reply. Just noticed the responses.

@rose:

re: fight big enemy switch- it's an annoying bug that pops up occasionally in the game. when this turns on, ppl experience an invisible barrier that blocks the way of the player so they can't fight the 'boss' like guild leaders, demon sprite, etc.

Monsters: Naw, I meant putting them on the map and make them function like the other monsters.

Exp: I got that working. ^_____^

Big pain in the butt, but it works.

I don't have my current files with me, (curses) but I can give you a rough outline of what I did for each character.

Set up a variable (var1) to hold the chara's original exp.

Set up 2 vars to hold hp and mp (HPvar, MPvar) They tend to get set to 0 after finishing the set up.

Level him up.

Record with another variable (var2) what his exp is now.

lvl him down to 0 and take away all his exp just to be safe. Reduce his hp/mp to 0 also.

Give him back everything in var1, HPvar, and MPvar.

That sets up var1 and var2 without ruining the chara.

now for what he needs: Tot=var2-var1

to set up the pic bars (like the hp/mp bars)

percent = Tot x 100 / var2

Now just set up conditions like:

if percent =< 10%, show 10

if percent >10 & <20, show 20

etc.

Vat: noticed.

I just fiddle with game material and made a mess of the game files hehe. Still, it was fun ^_^