Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosebroken

Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition

Thanks I'll try that out. The big enemy fight it prevents people from fighting the boss? I have not encountered that problem normally, if you go into your menu or someother overlapping event while big enemy is being initialized then it will result in that same issue, i'll look into it.

Messing around with game material is fun, its a quick way to learn how to use rpg maker2003 or any other kinda of game engine. I'm right now trying to figure out how to implement enemy defenses, not as easy as I thought it would be lol. I'm also trying to make singular and plural branch switches for items instead of it always saying cassia leaves and such even if you have 1 but thats a pain as well.

yeah. the big enemy automatically turns on a barrier so the player cannot escape while fighting the bosses aka guild leaders and such. But sometimes, the switch is triggered somehow and now there's an invisible barrier around the boss preventing the character from fighting it.

Yeah, its definitely fun hehe. though I just learned mostly from working backwards which is bleh sometimes. search button helped me out a lot. :)

Yeah the big enemy fight is supposed to make it so u cant flee, but sometimes the player glitches it and it messes up.

I'm currently working on an enemy auto respawn i've worked out a basic structure and have been able to get the dragonflies to autospawn after three are killed, it doesnt work with killing all four because for some reason thelast one killed doesnt respawn so i had to take enemy 1's var down to 3 from 4 because if kept at 4 then they won't respawn but at 3 they do and it cycles through. ^.^

I'm getting no input on the colisieum so I guess i'll just make the prizes to my own standards.

If anyone would like me to modify their version of AP then pm me and let me know, I will only modify what I can and what I know creates no bugs.

that would be awesome. is the fighting menu will be the same? cause i kinda like the av style where i can i choose my actions instead of just pressing spacebar. but i would love to try your versoin just let me know what u need

@dj: i don't think that's happening. Changing the real time to turn based would be basically deleting many of the customs and make all the original work/coding for nothing. If you want to try turn based AP, I would recommend APv1.0 which has turn based.

dj, no I am not changing the battle system, it would be a big hassle and KTC is correct it would make so much code obsolete and useless I'd have to practically go through everything erased the current battle system code. The current battle system gives the game a more realistic appeal even though it has its many problems.

Kirroha, not the way you are thinking. I am making new sprites for each of Talia's guilds, I'm also going to make new facesets for them, that is if I can find a better facemaker program then facemaker its so limited... I'll be making facesets for different emotions as well, (e.g. - if Devin is yelling at a person then it will show his face in a scowl with his mouth open like he is yelling and such.)

manegirl, like APv1.0 and APv2.0 they will be removed from the site, but I have all three versions and mine so if you ever want to play the original again and can't find a downloadable source just let me know and I can send you it. ^.^

Rose, would you be making more of the normal Rm2k3 sprites, or the enhanced, bigger sprites?

By enhanced and bigger I mean those kind of sprites from Ara Fell instead of Everlong.

You can't really mix them. The older sprites are smaller than the newer sprites, they'll look weird together.

I have a Talia suggestion, though. Wearing a blue robe.

When I have got 3 or 4 characters and when I'm buying in Ahriman's Prophecy, sometimes I see something unusual. In the buying menu, we all know, there is list of items with their prices and sprites of characters. However, what is the problem: I sometimes see 2 Jack's sprites (1 Jack's sprite replace Devin's) in the list of characters with their sprites in buying menu. I hope someone understand what I want to say... Anyway I probably have bad English.

Your english is understandable. I know what problem your having and I will try fixing this. It occurs when Jack is the lead character and you go to buy, it switches to the right character and so two jack's will appear instead of the normal view. Very annoying.

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this, but whenever you buy armour or weapons it doesn't tell you whether it will increase or decrease your current stats. If you could have an arrow next to the sprite to show how their stats will change if they use this equipment.

Not only the armour, are you going to improve the graphics.

And please write the increase or decrease in attack or defense coz I have wasted a lot of money on really bad equipment

I believe the star that shows up next to the character in the buy menu tells you if it's an upgrade or downgrade. It's very subtle, since both upgrade and downgrade stars flash and spin. However, the upgrade star is "thicker".

You'd have to go into a buy menu where an item is an upgrade for one person yet a downgrade for another to really see the difference.

theone - by graphics you mean the tilesets and such? In that sense no, it is staying the same.

Sprites will change for some NPC's and the characters.

Also with your request to include defense and attack increase and decrease, like argoyle said there are indicators that tell you if its better not better or the same. If your not sure then save before you buy something and then find out or not that way. If that is too much to do then use the walkthrough for the equipment guide.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but in my copy of AP, there's a locked vat in the Bazaar that always makes the game crash when I try to open it.

Anyway, what I'd really like is the ability to recruit more than four party members without having to kick someone out. You know, have active and nonactive party members like in the Aveyond games.

I'd also like a house of some kind where the party members could talk to each other (again, like in the AV games).