Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosebroken

Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition

Mostly what you were already going to do:

- more skills for Devin

- several different dresses for Talia, depending on which guild she chooses

- actually being able to fight in the arena and getting some special armor, or item, or weapon as reward

- a different fighting system, more like it is in other Aveyonds

- oh, and maybe some quest or other for Hagan (the dwarf), because I find him somewhat redundant as it is

I don't know which of these it is actually possible to do without too much extra work, so choose as you like.

the fighting system will NOT be changed. If you want a similar system, you should play AP v1. APv2 has way too many customs to all of a sudden throw out for nothing.

I'm doing all of those except changing the combat system, I believe I have explained it some pages back and like KTC says. The arena with special armor/weapons, well that's not really such a good idea since devin has 999 atk by the end of the game, jack's magic dagger hits multiple targets hard. fred has his dragon/unicorn but maybe i'll give him a better weapon if he is in normal form, if I decide to give him a new weapon via the arena then it will be some tough monster fight, perhaps in the range of ahriman's fight. Probably a monster or a couple with around his hit points he has like 230k hp. but the monsters wont hit as hard as him and of course you will be mobile so you can heal if your characters are dying. Even so, the equipment menu is filled up with weapons so I'm not entirely sure if I'll add any. How the equipment is already it makes things different instead of having everyone with 999atk and 999def. So I'll look into it and let you know what I decide.

I have a suggestion for cutscene it would be cool if at some point devin fell down onto his knees and just toppled then wakes up back in elden with whoever he married standing over him then he smiles and it ends but if he isn't married he wakes in elden and thinks he imagined it all then sees a sword his sword at his side and smiles and drifts off to the end of the game

(i suggest this after the final battle as anoher ening for if devin dies but no one else)

oh and i forgot to menion tehjil is a vampire they dont pop out of holes in the ground so why ISN'T she in THIS GAME tha just ticks me off she is awesome and should at least run by or stand around in the underworld somewere i could care less where just please make her be somewhere if she talks or not i would really appreciate it

When is the proposed release date, if there is one set yet?

Could you add goodie caves like in AV2 and 3?

Will Jack, Fred, Alicia and Haddan get updated sprites as well?

Finally can you make a use item option in the combat screen?

Heres some bug and stuff.

-Make the stars on equipment in the shopping menu thicker. Its really hard to tell between those stars!

-When saving Alica you can "avoid" stepping on the event tile that triggers the fight "The place devin is standing when they confronts him ya'know"

He him fight you.

-Maybe speed up the intro, just by 5 seconds. The intro even for a 4-year old, is way too long!

-When you catch Jack, when you try to kill him, make it an actal battle. What I mean is that he'll fight back like a easy boss. The same thing with the girl you save after the death relic that gives you a shovel.

Rose, how is the work going? Is there still a lot to do before we get to see the enhanced edition.

Please, give us some updates!

@aveyoond5855:

Great ideas! Wish I'd have thought of that.

You know, that's a very good question. Rosebroken has not logged in since October. It was definitely an interesting project that I had great interest in (although I never posted in this thread). I'm thinking that we can say that the project is dead for the time being. But then, you never know. :S

@klaus: what does vx/xp have to do anything? AP was made with rpg2k3. To move AP onto XP/VX would require you to start completely from scratch.

Given the amount of custom work that went into AP, that's most likely a definite no as all that custom would be completely wasted.

When you catch Jack, when you try to kill him, make it an actal battle. What I mean is that he'll fight back like a easy boss. The same thing with the girl you save after the death relic that gives you a shovel.

I believe there was a simple battle for them in AP Version 1, but it was slightly harder to implement in V2 because it was a town.