Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rosebroken

Ahriman's Prophecy Enhanced Edition

Going off my experience with rpg2k3 and AP

Mouse support: Probably not. that would involve reworking the entire system which will make the game even more unstable than it already is.

Levels of difficulty: would require reworking all the monsters' and characters' stats. If rosebroken's up to it, it could be possible.

EXP bar: Possible, painful (for me anyway) but possible.

Level showing: a bit tricky and the pictures will get tedious to put up.

the alternative could be a lil bauble that tells you your exp and lvls. less painful then an actual exp bar.

@binas: that's still painful as one still needs to rework the pics to show that if they wanted it displayed. Especially since AP, the way its built, does not have an easy way to show large numbers.

And showing levels onscreen is very tedious.

I mean, I know how to put an exp bar onscreen and the code was messy.

save menu- i'm not sure its possible to manipulate that. i never encountered any code that would let you change anything about the save menu.

well one MAJOR diffrence is the fixes and changes like i heard people say that the grapics where pretty disorganited (trying to be poliet). and this is what is going on here we are trying to get an APv3 (Armiham's prophecy verstion 3. sorry if spellig proplems but working on it.)

@binas: what graphics are you referring to? The game's graphics work well enough with their respective versions.

As for fixes- between APv1 and APv2xx, it's less fixes and more like total revamping from the ground up.

like the devin ones where the ones i saw the most being complianed about. like his faceset didn't match his charater at all (vise versa). and for fixes i mean like the crashes that happen in v1 dont happen as often in v2.2.

v1 and v2.xx are practically different games if you look at the coding. v1 is simple coding while v2.xx is a monster of custom coding. Hence why v2.xx tends to crash more than v1: v2.xx's coding is sometimes too much for the game engine to handle.

Since they have such drastic game changes, fixes in v1 doesn't translate into fixes for v2. Furthermore, I don't recall any major bug attached to v1, even when v1 was the only version available.

Also, the faceset/charset has been a problem for the AV games also. For example, teijal's hair doesn't match her char set.