Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

I don't know if i placed this topic in its right place, neither if anyone posted it before (too lazy to go through the older pages). But thought it would be funny to share some of the silly mistakes we made when we were new. Me? I'm still new, so i guess i'll keep adding sillier mistakes. However, i have enough to put in one post, lol! :oops: When i started playing aveyond, i started with LoT. I didn't talk to people much & so knew nothing about the attraction points. & whenever i found a magical mirror express, i didn't pull the switch, coz i thought i only had to when i'm using it. Better still, when i was in Ghed'are & i found that cursed armour, i made Te'ijal put it on. I never read its name, & when i noticed that she was cursed, i went back to the city. I kept buying those roots (that removes curses) & using them on Te'ijal. I bought about 20 roots till i got no more money. I thought maybe it is a very powerful curse that can't be removed by those roots. It needs another kind of roots that is more powerful & that i'll find later in the game. Luckily, i finally discovered that it's the armour that was cursing Te'ijal, but that was when i was reading her profile to see if there was anything that would tell me houw much % she is cursed, lol! :lol: Another thing is that, when i found the saphire gem, i didn't know what it was for & i thought it would be used as money. Though, i knew i had to attach gems to Edward's sword to make it stronger. I even went to aveyond & saw the fountain, but my thoughts were still clouded. Same as the rings, the scrolls & the eggs. I didn't know what they were for & thought maybe they were for bargaining or something like that. I never bothered myself to read what it is for, but now i do. Thanks to one of my friends, she taught me many things & clarified the uses of these things to me. I didn't know about amaranthia or the walkthroughs at that time.

Well, the silliest mistake I've ever done when I played Aveyond, is when I first play Aveyond Rhen's quest.

In the very beggining I got myself angry when I got sold as a slave.

I reset my games and never ever want to go with Peter, but then I relised that I have to talk to that boy and getting sold as a slave (after the third reload game).

I stake all the vampire in ghedahre, and uncurse Enjiro after that,so the ghost I help were stuck with me forever hehehe

well, that's all though

How about this one (and I should really know better)... I tried to kill the Ice Queen with Ice weapons! ;)

Hey, I kepts seeing those points and thought they were damage! ;)

In Aveyond 1, when Lars joined the party, I was like "ok, so he comes along" When I realized that he actually fights, I went "Oh my gosh, so cool!"

Because I never played an RPG before that. :D

Heero:I did the exact same thing with the cursed armor.:)except for a different reason...I new it was cursed but i remembered reading that since she was already dead it didn't bother her. So I put it on and I expected it to not curse her. And I didn't even notice at first! So when I did notice I bought myself as much as those roots as I could afford and just started using them...then when none of them worked I just stared at the screen and I noticed it was her armor! :D

Fuu: you're not alone that too happened to me! I sat at my computer for like a whole day trying to take the story another way! Then finally I just gave up trying, though I still thought I had another option, and I just let myself become a slave and noticed the story did go that way!:lol:

OOh! and now that i'm playing Ean's Quest, and it's not even my first time, when you get to the troll blocking the bridge and it tells you you need something stronger I kept using the transfigurines over and over again convinced one of them was going to work...I quit after about an hour. I can't remember how to get that troll off but I figure I'll get it off eventually...;)

Well, my mistake? First time when I played, I was looking like mad for Veldarah, and when I finally peeked on the maps, I saw Veldarah was actually north, and I've gone to east, where the world map was! And got stuck, due to the lack of supplies. :D

aveyond 2:eans quest at the turnament where it says accept emmas wager or not I click not and I was looking for attraction points for them I even had the red salamander in the farm any way I won the turnament and got the salamander in the farm but nothing would happen so I checked here and saw I had to accept it to get attraction points I was like what the fudge anyway it gave me a reason to replay the game

rashnu was, like, the second-to-last druid i rescued. no wonder tarwich was so hard! XD

it didn't occur to me to rescue vohu manah and get the skull from him, i figured i had to dig up a grave to get a skull, and then i thought that the shovel must be in the halloween hills. so i restarted the game just in case i had missed it way in the beginning.

bryce: XD i didn't even risk using ice/water weapons against indra, let alone the ice queen! XD

My first mistake in Aveyond 1 was forgetting to save...there is nothing worse than playing for a couple of hours and then realizing (with a short death) that all your play was gone. D'oh. I also staked all the vampires!! Oh, and in Aveyond 2 when we first went through the map I took a long time trying to kill running squirrels (i think they were squirrels...maybe rabbits?)...I'd trap one and then not understand why it wouldn't fight!

haha - I'm LOL at Bryce and the Snow Queen :D

I'm with you, Fuu - I kept telling Peter no. I like animals and had no desire to go annoy sheep with him. And I wondered why the story never moved on!

Also on the temple in Land's End. Either build A was still available from here, or I downloaded it from ArcadeTown when I first played. But I was using the build B walkthrough at the time, not realising there were different builds. So I got to the temple in Land's End and saw the steps to the basement. But I knew the daeva was at the top of Mount Orion 'cause I looked ahead in the walkthrough. So I went up and introduced myself to the guy in the basement :D

My best lesson from AV1, which I only learned as I was going through Mount Orion, is that you can use ITEMS in battle - Cassia Leaves to bring people back from the dead, and items to restore health. I have NO idea how many battles I lost, or finished with just one final party member hanging onto dear life by a thread, because it didn't occur to me to choose Items during battle! I got to know the "Ye wimp! Who taught you how to fight?!" message very well! :lol:

I remember playing AV1 for the first time and when I was asked to choose between the silver or the sunblock, I chose the silver D: It wasn't until I returned to Ghed'ahre and talked to Te'ijal again that I realized that Te'ijal was a recruitable character and required sunblock. So, I went and had to play the game again from the beginning (this was before I learned to save in different slots...)

I remember also Build A of AV1 being a lot less linear than Build B, so I ended up rescuing the druids in a slightly different order than you're supposed to. I didn't beat the daeva hiding out near Clearwater until almost the end of the game >.>

LOL!! :laughing:

I had the same "save" problem at first. I thought i had lives. & as for chasing the squirrels, i thought the same about them but i was weak so i kept avoiding them not to enter a fight! & Shaz, same here! I didn't realize that i can use items in fights until i fought with Heptitus & i had to think of a way to cure her poisons, as i didn't have Stella in the active party. One other silly mistake, is that when i found the pickaxe in the dwarven mines, i thought i should use it to dig the holes i find in the way & i was very angry when Mel told me that she doesn't think digging with her fingers is a good idea! I even thought maybe it is a glitch!

When I first found the druids, I didn't know that I have to fight the daevas to retreive their souls, when finding Vohu Manah, I was like... "Wut?? Why's the druids frozen solid???) I realized that I needed to fight the daevas after reading the walkthrough.

Anyways, I was already used to more complicated RPGs like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy and stuff, so the only problem I had was dealing with the storyline and side quests.

Also, I only had 1 save file, and my sister overwrited it countless of times

I'm pretty experienced with RPGs beforehand, so I don't think I made some super silly mistakes. But I DO make some:

-Chasing rabbits and squirrels in AV2 thinking they were monsters.

-Using Ice Claw against Snow Queen (hey, it's Ean's best weapon! Not my fault to go fight the final boss with the strongest weapon). Then I just had Ean Defend or use Items all the time.

-Saving in my sister's save slot. I did it a lot...

@Shaz:

Lol, I did the exact opposite! :D I was playing Build B with Build A's walkthrough since Build B's wasn't out yet, and I searched every nook and cranny for a basement. :P

I've had mix-ups with things since Gaen Fallen (Where is that dern coin!?! ::: Pulls hair out) and on through all the games.

Starting off with Aveyond, My first big problem was in Enjindro. I couldn't find the key to get into the mayor's house and I ended up spending hours searching all over the area between the first two towns and never did find the key.

In Av : EQ I got lost looking for what was supposed to be the Farm/Hatchery. I couldn't find out why I couldn't buy any animals and kept going in circles trying to find it without running into the guards.

In AV : LoT I was trying to go the cave and needed a merchant pass. Took me a long time coming and going from there before I decided to read the walkthrough and had to get to the point where Te'ijal and Galahad joined the party and I had to see the merchant dying outside of the pass.

I thought to myself "Oh no! I missed something and the guy is dead. I'll have to start all over again!" I looked through the help topics again and realised I needed to talk to the dying merchant.

AV : GoN I still get lost when going through the jungle. I can't believe how much time I wasted trying to find Ulric in the Orc Kingdom (A sign saying "Orc Prison is not on same island as the rest of the kingdom" would have been nice.)

There is more, but that will suffice for now. My guess is that in AV : TLO I will probably get lost on the way to Mel's own house in Thais.

Here's my newest silly mistake! In GoN, i found the treasure key but thought i'd only be able to open 1 blue chest only with it & so i thought i'd save it for later. I thought i'd find more keys in other treasures. I didn't open any chest till i reached the whisper woods & i couldn't defeat those sparkles & didn't have enough coins to buy armour or weapons. It was then that i decided to use my key. To my surprise, i found out that i still have it, so i decided to reuse 2 more times & check out if it would break or something. I was so happy when it didn't!

ean's quest was first amaranth game i played. been a while since i played rpg, however quickly remembered not to rush through as i kept getting my party killed due to lack of high enough hp/mp. i'm sure i've done other stupid stuff, but cannot currently remember them!

I only playes AV1 coz I'm too lazy to play the others.

The first one was the druid. When I saw the druid frozen solid I was like, "AAAAGGHH!!!! Why's the druid frozen? What do I DOOOOO??????" And I got hold of a walkthrough and finally solved the problem.

The second one was Indra. I was wandering around the snow caverns trying to find the blasted daeva and when I finally found this room, I thought, "What the heck, there's only an ice elemental, and there's so many monsters guarding it??" and left.

The problem? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS ICE ELEMENTAL!!! Just as I got out of the room I realized the fact that ice elementals don't exist and that was Indra there. So I hurried back to the room and had to fight that crowd of creatures all over again.