Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

More like because I thought they were MONSTERS, (and since I much dislike battles) I went on a quest to avoid the squirells.

which was highly impossible. It took me some time to realize, 'wut they don't attack?'

Hey, I thought the same thing. I went in the cave, and when I heard the music, I thought that it would be like, an epic boss battle or something, so I freaked out, ran away, leveled up a whole bunch more, then I went back in, ready to defeat the evil squirrels, then I realized they weren't supposed to be a battle at all.

Not buying the game in the first place is a mistake :evil: Playing by the 1-hour trial over and over is rather tedious XD

Anyways, my most common mistake was mis-saving. I would constantly overwrite other player's (my sis) save file and then we get angry at each other.

AV1, Build A

I would run away from all of the monsters that were big and looked dangerous! I thought that they would kill me. When I fanally reached the Daeva at Land's End, I couldn't fight him because my characters were such low levels!

Another one was not getting enough stuff to last through the fights. I would get maybe one Cassia Leaf, a covey balm and some food. I didn't realize that I was running low on anything until I was far up Mt. Orion, so I couldn't go back down, but I couldn't continue up. I had to restart from the beginning!

When I first went to fight Agas, I didn't notice it was him, so I talked to him and I fought him, just that I was a really low level and lost. And because I didn't know it was him, I didn't save. But I got saved by the autosave:3

Also when I was battling Ahriman I went into battle with Lars equipped with the cloak of invisibility. You can figure out the rest...

I made a silly mistake in the Orbs of Power series.

Every time there was a cutscene, I would wait around for about 1 - 2 minutes because I didn't know if it was done or not!

Should've posted this before I ranted about the Gyendal-Death Scroll thing in TLO, but when I first play GON, I didn't have walkthrough and just played along with the game, finding out what should be done based on conversations between characters and FAQs, and I went to the Orc Kingdom without learning Orc language and I tried to talk to all the orcs to see if one of them might be able to speak human before I realized I need to learn the language in the intelligence academy first

Well, here:

Av1: When Rhen is sold as a slave I go "what the heck? Dude this is the sucky ending!" So I start over and spend five weeks in clearwater trying to find out how to get further in the game and get the "good ending" before I found a walkthrough that said I HAD to get Rhen sold. So I just restarted the game cuz I had wasted SOOOOO much time.

Av2: I was convinced that Rye could marry Iya and Ean could marry Emma or that I could make any of the guys marry any of the girls I wanted them too, and only after 9 months of trying to find out how to do that, I peeked at a walkthrough and realized "oh wait, there are only some marriages"

LoT: I freaked out when I found out that Gyendal was a vamp and I thought that that was the "bad ending"! You know, having Gyendal trying to kill you and all that.

GoN: I accidentally found a goodie cave (no, really!) and I thought that I thought that once you took all the goodies they would restock, so I took everything, exited and re-entered. When nothing was there I freaked out and thought there was a bug in the game, so I didn't play it for another 7 months.

Also I killed off Stella before the final battle, thinking that she wouldn't be fighting with Gyendal, Pfft! She apppeared live and well.

TLO: I thought there was a way to get around the giant crab, so I spent weeks trying to find the way around them. lol.

My mistakes:

Aveyond 1:When the sign said the Wildwoods were dangerous, I believed it and didn't go there. Until I realized, oh wait, I'm strong enough...

Aveyond 2:I got the ship and didn't know where to go.

Aveyond 3...I don't know. I never made any silly mistakes in Aveyond 3.

Oh, an AP one I kept forgetting to mention. I could NOT find my way through the teleporter maze in the Underworld. I tried and tried and tried, and finally I left the Underworld and went looking elsewhere for something to move the story forward. As a result I got the Passion relic without even knowing what it was for.

Not just in Aveyond, but in most rpgs in general, I have the bad habit of selling all lower-classed equipment to get better ones. Sometimes, it works out fine... other times I end up having to buy things back because they are the only things that can defeat certain monsters. Blargh.

And I always get lost. I have no sense of direction, irl or in the game, lol!!

haha.. i experience the same thing in most rpg games :)

my "adventurer" side takes me to places in the game.. there are no towns/ruins left unturned, and in the end, i end up getting lost and consulting the walkthrough :lol:

there was a time when i consumed all of my stocks and the ones left are breads.. :lol:

talk about being thrifty.

TLO: I thought Spook was a pervert and I avoided him at all costs, until I peeked at a walkthrough that said "Oh, you need spook you stupid Indra!" It didn't say that, but . . . I think of it like that.

LoT: I was scared of Te'ijal and Galahad (LoT being my first rpg) and I got 'em killed and thought that was a good thing until I see a walkthrough.

In Av1: I got to lands end, then saw the statue and i thought like: "Duh, he's VERY self centered" then i went out searching for him elsewhere, when i found the dog i thought i had to kill it to get to the druid, so i trained a lot, only to realize it didn't want to fight. Then i thought it needed a bone, then rushed to the temple to take the skull, i couldn't get it so i spoke to the statue, then i realized it WAS the druid. It took heck of a time to realize you needed to go to Mt. Orion.

LoT, GoN, TLO: I keep going to the temple everytime i wanna go to the other side of town, i just can't get myself to think it is NOT the way. xD