Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

GON: Wandered around the forests and got lost many times. Although that's mostly because I still don't give a darn about the game even as I play it and somehow my brain can't seem to memorize the way. In the end I relied on maps from the forum to get around.

AP:I first time thought that the class your characters are affects the fact that you can take the Crystal Key.So I leveled in Underworld for days and days,until I got to class 67,and just after found out of the points needed for the key.

AV 1:I got stuck in the Wild Forest in the tavern,and could not get out alive,so had to restart the game.

AV 2:I forgot the Elf Transfigurine and Iya married a Vampire.Very stupid thing.

LoT:Missed all eggs in the game.

GoN:I forgot to save Stella and Edward married an orc.Bad ending,had to restart.

TLO:Got the bad ending,with Mel loving Spook,so had to restart for good ending,IMO.

:lol:

i remembered in Aveyond 3, when the gems (or whatever) can be dipped into the fountain thingy in Aveyond (the place) i didn't use the enhanced gems for Excalibur. hehe..

@ashen.. i guess, you also experienced that, haha.. :P

i have this habit of selling stuff.. ans i end up selling the stuff i need, making me buy the stuff again, ugh, gold :(:lol:

Have I posted here before? I...think so, but I'm too lazy to check. Anyway, I just remembered a few mistakes.

AP: I went into the Devenshire Forest at level 3. Big mistake. Secondly, When I finally got to the bat cave, I was like, "Huh? This isn't Thais! Where is it!?" And I wandered around for a week trying to find Thais WITHOUT PASSING THE BAT CAVE. Then when I peeked into the walkthrough, I just read that you had to go through the cave and skipped the other section altogether. Then I wandered around in the Mountain Pass trying to find Thais because I was too stupid to realize that the area heading west is actually a pathway and not a solid wall or cliff face.

AV1: Cute Knight was my first RPG, so I was cool with the kidnapping. The only thing wrong? When I had to fight Lorad, I tried leveling up. TRIED. But each time I fought him, I lost. So I left the game for two weeks. THEN I had the amazing idea of using a lightning scroll (which wipes him out in one go), and by then, I had to reinstall the game because of some virus in it.

AV2: For half an hour, exceeding half of my time limit (I downloaded from Yahoo. The autosave was a life-saver), I tried to find a way to blow up the boulder, thinking I would visit Ryva or whatever it's called later.Then, I finally gave up and went down there...By then, I was level 30. NUU~~.

AV3: Speaking for the entire trilogy so far, I didn't make any major mistake. Just had to travel back to Faiara when I couldn't understand Ulf. That's all.

I think that i made some silly mistakes in aveyond rhen's quest and ean's quest.

in Rhen's quest i kept ignoring peter because i didn't want to be sold as a slave but i was getting nowhere... so in the end i looked for a walkthrough and read the whole story..

in ean's quest i fought the chaos master in thais and Yia got killed and I didn't know what to do because i wasn't shure what cassia leaf was for:d

I started to be a real Aveyond Fan starting whith The Lord of Twilight.

And now i can't wait for TDP to be releast.

pardon my english writting.. i may have some problems but i hope you'll understand:d

Yeah, that's also a dumb mistake. When I found out that I actually complete it in GON, it just makes me even angrier.

My mistakes in AV3 are mostly forgetting to do necessary stuff to complete side-quests. I forgot to have myself thrown to jail in Peliad and I couldn't complete the golden frog quest. Had to start over a loooooooooong way.

@ agas - Wouldn't it matter to Iya's parents if their daughter got married to a two-headed beast? =.=

In TLO, before sailing off to Eldrion, the weapon-seller's words spooked me so much that I fought off all the animals available in the woods, gained the extra gold, spent it all on those weapons. Only to find out later that you do get weapons on Eldrion x-x But then, I hadn't upgraded Mel yet and the roaches were doing some pretty amount of damage. Ouch! =.o xD

Then, I went banging my head around the walls of Peliad (specifically in that corner beside the Mirror Express) to see if there was a goodie cave there xDD

ok I didn't play aveyond for a long time so I can't really remember what was in what game.

- in the game you have to save the druids, I was confused because the game didn't tell me specifically where to go, I thought the game was broken and deinstalled it.

- I found out that spellcasters and warriors need different stats only very late

- I always equipped my heroes with the weapons that would heal the enemy.

- in the first part of AV3, I didn't know how to get the key from Heptitus in the end, so I decided to go look for the other ones first

the sillest things i ever did :

AV1:

1- staked the vampire who wanted the ghost- game restart, cuz i thought maybe she would give me sunscreen so i could get te'ijal

2- got stuck behind the goose =.= - obviously, game restart

3- silliest of all, remember the guy who got turned into a boar so some guy could marry his girlfriend, well, when i went to kill him for the gol, and he spoke to me i was 'OMIGOSH! A TALKING PUMBA!!', and he told his story i was like 'EWWW!! THE RICH GUY WILL HAVE HIS WIFE'S BOYFREIND AS WEDDING FEAST?! WTH?!!' so i decide to help the boar, i search the entire eastern isle, the 'you'll get lost in me' western isle, and north/south-erns! never find the anidote, and i go 'HECK IT! I'LL JUST KILL THE DAMN BOAR!' i kill it, get paid, i decide o visit Derez cuz i thought something was wrong with lars for not learning anymore spellz! AND DEREZ HAS IT!!! >:(! -restart the game cuz i'm a sucker for love stories like that, and felt guilty for the random NPC girl (WHY AM I SUCH A SOFTIE! ITS PIXELS! NOONE CARES IF THEY'RE HURT!)

AV2:

spent eternity trying to beat he snow queen, i win (YAY), then heptitus turns out to be the one pulling strings, i have to fight her, then i get sooo ticked and close the game, ofcourse no save, my last save was about 6 levels ago =_= silly me

I actually managed to get it on my first playthrough cuz I read about it in the beta-forum. Yay! XD

OH. Silly mistake of me, after I finished the Katie/Petir quest in TDP, I never got my reward (including the treasure key) until after I was done with the Thornkeep quest, because I was too excited about getting Te'ijal and Galahad in my party. XD So, I finally went and talked to the people, got the key, and realized the stuff that would have really helped me was useless now. XD

I really should've learned to think ahead by now. But I still haven't. :/

TDP:

- Let's just say Mel was totally unprepared for the Demon Realm. She had her staff and the student clothing. With no restoratives. For a while I was using Uma's healing and then she ran out of MP. So then I completely forgot there was town there and forgot about Shadow Aveyond... so let's say my monster dodging skills had quite the workout.

- The sidequest thingy in Sedona. I made the trip from Sedona to the Thieves' Caves so many times that I could definitely do it blinded.

- I procrastinated on the Katie sidequest- I had it all done, I just had to go back to Veldarah. But I didn't feel like going all the way back to Veldarah, so I just waited until, naturally, it was too late.

- I completely missed the Boots of Haste. I literally went through the whole game passing right by them and ignoring that little part of Ashera's tomb. I only discovered them when I was replaying and was looking for something. Before then, I was using way too many Quicksilves. :D

OH! I couldn't figure out how to use the boots of haste, lulz. I had to watch my friend get them and use them to realize how. But the betatesters had unlimited quicksilver, so I was fine. XD

I used to always just use the walkthrough so most mistakes i avoided but when I got Elini in my party I kept trying to get her and the boat dealer together, cause it made sense (she wanted a husband, he wanted a wife) and i took entirely too much time talking to him.

Also, for my first few of times playing through Av1 and Av2 I used Yahoo, which lets you have an hour trial and then 5 minute incraments indefinately, so I played for 5 minutes and then it would crash, and then anouther 5 minutes and crash, lets just say I saved a LOT and it was quite tedious and annoying (at least until I got

ah!!! someone else that has shared my misery! I would usually save like every three seconds when monsters were around, but sometimes I would completely forgot and have to back track through wherever again, on the brightside I got to know the maps quite well, lol.

Oh, also, during the final battle with Ahriman, the whole conversation with Rhen, Dameon, and Ahriman I always tried to get through so I could fight the battle before the time limit, and would (several times) agree to join them and become a demon and have to go through it again :D

Wait. My biggest mistake EVER:

Since I have this game... package... thingy where you pay and get a catalogue, I found Aveyond there and was bored. Because I didn't know the order, I opened up AV2, skipped the introduction, couldn't find the Oldwoods, quit the game, uninstalled it, and forgot about it. :lol:

And then I got bored again and tried it in order.