Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

The first game I played from the series was Aveyond 1. Here are my mistakes:

-forgetting to equip weapons that I found. I didn't really explore the menu of the game so every time I find a weapon, I think that it auto-equips.

-looking for Vohu Mana's basement since it was stated in the walkthrough. (I played Build B)

-forgetting to find the Sword of Silence. (only found it during the second playthrough)

-looking for other ways so that Rhen won't be sold as a slave.

-searched for Marionbells for like, forever. I didn't pay attention to how it looked it.

-searched for the way to Veldarah for a week. I was about to give up when suddenly, I found it.

That was all I could remember. But it was really fun. Aveyond was my introduction to RPG games so the feeling was really refreshing for me :). That's why Aveyond 1 would forever be the best for me.

Thinking the white hope blessing wasn't there (I tried to enter the Spire Mountains but it said I didn't have all the blessings), when really I didn't get the love blessing, even though it showed up as there, and restarting my 60 hour game save.

Getting stuck in the school in Brumwich behind the pacing teacher

Collecting one gold coin from the spider EVERY TIME, even later in the game

Not having Te'i'jal in the party

Going into the White Pass at level 10

Spending weeks on minor quests when the answer was obvious

Thinking the Dream World was the Demon Realm

ive always had the same problem from when i first started playing and even to this day. i save way too much. ill enter an area and save, then walk five feet and save, talk to an npc and save, fight a creature and save. and alot of times id save in the wrong spots and almost get stuck.

i remember in aveyond 1, in witchwood after youve given the present to one of the witches and said it was from gavin, it would turn them into a rat. and then the witch would say, "i wish i had some steel boots so i could stomp on her!" so i thought that was another quest to go buy some steel boots and bring them back to her but when i did it didnt work and i thought i broke it.=P

@moonpeace: The love blessing is always there. It's the only one that the Snow Queen can't steal because she doesn't have the love blessing (which Heptitus stole). So Iya doesn't need it, but she still has to go and see Ceri. (just in case you were unaware of this).

One of my other mistakes is always (almost) forgetting to get Mel the chicken skill.

When I first tried AP I called it quits after a few minutes of gameplay because I just couldn't get passed those darn snakes (green snakes).

Then, like a year later, I found a great walkthrough and started playing and realised that I actualy love that game. Right know, even though the graphics are very pixelated and not the best, I am totally in love with Ahriman's Prophecy.

I actually still make one of my main silly mistakes: I often use a stake on the vampire asking for a ghost in Ghed'ahre in Av1, then proceed to realize that doing so prevents me from completing that quest :Tongue:.

Also, when I first played Av2, I spent ages searching for the way to Seri...I was totally convinced that I somehow had to go through Bogwood. I got so exasperated that I eventually stopped playing and played Av1 instead, but I later found out how to find the caves :D.

Speacking of vampires. I once forgot to buy garlic necklace so when I went to talk to the vendor in Gedahre he..well... killed my party... and I forgot to save and I was playing an earlier version of the game and it didn't have autosave... So... yeah...

I played through the game without any equipments or weapons. I survived only until Nanghaithya because I saved my file right when she talked to me, and my hp, mp, and items are no good anymore, so I had to play again. Tbh, I replayed the game the three times already before I could finish it. It was the first RPG I played after all. :) I really love the Aveyond Series, and I can't wait for the fourth one! :love:

The biggest mistakes I've ever made are:

AV1: Kept downloading goodies and couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting them all.

AV2: I still do this one sometimes, I download and add the party goodie and can't figure out why its not working, I download and add it like six times before I realize and immediately feel like the biggest dumbass, "Maybe I'm supposed to friggin leave Bogwood and come back before talking to Gavin!"

I remembered another thing. (AP does count, right?)

When my party(all weak) came out of the wyrmwood pass, There was the old blue hermit walking around. I went up to him, not realising he was a monster, and before I could press the space bar, the hermit (<beep><beep>) fireballed my whole party into oblivion.

(second game over I encountered in AP)

I kept getting lost and trying to remember where I saw an item needed. So....I started writing down everything!

Plus I always kept a small piece of paper with the directional arrows in front of me of North, South, East and West....

My mistake was in AV1 (as its the only one I finishd) I couldn't figure out wht bravery deed I need 2 do. Thn whn I knew I didn't knw abt the beewax n walkd 2 tht thing ( I forgot wht it was calld...he he) well evryone knws wht can happen if u go thr without beewax....thn I couldn't find the 1st demon as I couln't find actually didn't knw 'land's end'. Thn aftr weeks or so I suddenly saw my younger sis at tht part n I was totally like :o...

Walking around the world in AP without fighting monsters because it was my first RPG and I didn't know that I had to fight them instead of dodging! Until a point where this wasn't possible any more because I couldn't get further in the Underworld. And then I found out thanks to the walkthrough from the website and started over...
No silly or too bad mistakes that I remember in the Aveyond games. Maybe going to Mt. Orion without huge stocks of covey balm. But maybe that wasn't a mistake rather than a trick by the creators, cause how were we supposed to know that we needed absurdly huge stocks of that (because the monsters could be killed only with magic)? I remember that was one of the most difficult stages of Av1.