Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

I think I have the silliest mistake that no one has done. In TLO, I somehow "missed" the "black market" in the animal village. And by that, it means didn't talk to the sheep. I thought it was normal because they are animals, they don't need weapons (even though there was an item shop and an inn). And somehow, I survived Blueleaf Forest AND the underground roots. And when I stumbled the blacksmith in Tyobi, I was like "Huh???", where are those weapon??? I literally just had some worm hide shields, helmets and boots, a Minotaur Robe for June, an Ice Dagger and a Desert Coat for Mel, Worm Bone Mails for Edward and Yvette, and for the weapons, June had her Aprrentice Staff, Edward had a Mercenary Sword and Yvette had a Black Oak Bow. Fortunatley, I survived the Worm Caves and proceed to Shoai Leiu. And when I return to the animal village, I just spoke to everyone because I was stuck and talked to the sheep hiding behind the house. And my sister told me I should had talk to everybody. (I hate when my sister is right) :P

And some of the other minor mistakes are quite similar:

1) Tried to attack the green snake without Devin

2) Attack the Feral Chivkens with a stick (they meant "feral" VERY seriously)

3) When I was delivering the mail to Candar, I saw this beautiful white forest and entered it. And then I battled the wolves with my usual attacks (raw magic and physical attacks), I didn't attack first and they just overkill me to the max.

4) I lost the skeleton battle in LOT and it was super easy. Apprently paralyze doesn't work on the red skeleton and I kept doing that. Even when I was low health, I use bread to heal myself. :P

Sent from my GT-S5312 using Aveyond Kingdom

Oh gosh.. It's aveyond nit Amaranthia hahahhaa didn't notice sorry xD

The silliest thing I've probably done was to enter the very first guild and then complained why I was so weak :)))) Then, I realized that day the the dragon lord guild was the most powerful guild so yeah. I reset the game and went for dragonlord.

PS: I really LOVE the clothes that Mel wore when going to the castle sniffs now I remembered my too excited feelings ;u;

When we started aveyond(it was our first RPG) for first time I couldn't read English and I was just walking around and enjoying the scenes. I couldn't understand the story so when rhen became a slave I thought I made a mistake and uninstall end it.

Years later I accidentally installed it and instantly fell in love with it, so I played it with my sister and I decided that maybe rhen should became a slave. After getting the tokens I had no idea where should we go. I went to northwest and when the game said that I can't go there I returned to ghalarah and tried to find a way. I made Rhen sleep for dozen times. Then I decided to use my money and buy a map:D

And I did the same mistake going to Wildwood instead of aveyond and died many times in that cave.

Then our computer burned:|

And a month later we played it with a horrible slow computer and it was really horrible:|

But of course it was fun!

And I couldn't find any traveling rune or cash cow:D

Oh I remember something else!! Whenever we rode the boat, we could fly over the lands and over the seas:D

I think we went to low land and then entered that damn cursed place which was full of monsters like humans(I don't remember the name). At first I thought they were friends:D

In aveyond2 again I did the same mistake and couldn't match Rye and Emma. I replayed it again then I found out:D

And I didn't know it that when Ean transfigures he can use magic! I thought he can just change his shape for fun:D

It's all I can remember!

My mistake was fighting the second daeva as the last boss ...

Okay, it wasn't really a mistake. I just remembered just getting to the daeva being very hard as a kid (it was the riddles that got me), so I continued to put it off, put it off, put it off, after rescuing the time druid (forgot his name), I'm like "Okay! This is gonna be an epic battle!". I go to the riddle area, figure them out (I think. This might've been me playing on version A, but it could be B/C), I go up to the demon saying "Epic battle ensue!". Then I select all my strongest abilities ...

He went down in one hit ...

I make a mistake.. Um.. I always use to see the info about the game, I had made no mistakes but a little about saving and curse armor, then, I didn't made any. I have done the game many times, now, it is no chance of making mistakes(maybe in new game).

Oops, I mistaked one thing- when I was too new, I didn't knew too much English, just exploring and talking, died a lot. Then, I learned and played a lot..

Okay, when I played Aveyond so first time, I just didn't played it, saying it will bore me, it is too big! Collecting tears, I never tried it, I stopped it, but, when I started Ean's Quest, I was afraiding looking a sheep in the Oldwoods, I believe it is a lot insane.. But, then, I realised I should try a once. Then, when I went ignoring the sheeps, doing everything half, I battled the hornets(frighteningly) not too much then, I realised, how much weak it is. Then goes to kill sheeps(oh, you weak) But, it was not an enemy. Then, when it from I started, unlocking characters, doing side quests, it became my favorite game! Then, I just tried, Rhen's quest, (I can do it..) When, Talia gave me a ring(Yeah, something's gonna happen!) I didn't said no to Peter(thought, he will go and, my game will stuck in the festival) I said, yes, meeting in the slave trader, oh, Rhen, you're a slave? Slave to a Magic Academy's Student, Novice, Apprentice and at last, Sword Singer! Nobody could say you a slave, again, Rhen! And then, Princess! Dameon, Lars, Te'ijal, Galahad, Elini, Mad Marge, Pirate John, wow! It's too glad! I finally finished, choosing to be a Queen(The Pendragon link starts..)

Sent from my LG-D686 using Tapatalk

Because I was introduced to these games by Big Fish, I thought, because of the trailer for Aveyond 2, that Iya was a wolf-human hybrid ...

Here's some more:

• Saving over one of my extreme mode files (I had back-ups. Don't worry.)
  • Saving over files in general
  • Attempting to scream "YOLO" in the earth relic dungeon in AP
  • Trying to find a way to keep Iya's snow princess gown (I wish you could ...)
  • Forgetting there was a southern part of dreamworld in AV1 ...After I had almost (up to the final area) completely played the game before
  • Having all magic wielders in cursed woods (AV2) Dang bats ...
  • Getting lost in the underworld (AP)
  • My post two above (Admittedly, I was like wut", then started cracking up after the boss, the dreaded boss, went down in one hit)
  • stealing from too many donation boxes in AV2

And I wondered why I couldn't beat the final boss ...

• Trying to get Gavin and Nicolas in the same team without the goodie
  • Getting lost while heading to Velderah (Glad I'm not alone in this one)
  • Trying to attack the feral chickens before getting to the academy (I had my revenge when I decided to buy two ice scrolls and attack them before going to the academy  :) )
  • Misreading Elden as Bden (AP)
  • Getting my butt kicked in the last area (Tej'ila (however you spell it) was a life saver then) (AV1)
  • Thinking that the games were about a girl named Aveyond ...
  • getting my butt kicked by the spiders in extreme mode
  • forgetting to save after every battle in dreamworld
  • Trying to figure out why I couldn't pick up the birdseeds (AV1)
  • Getting scared by the ogre in Mt Orion (AV1)
  • Nearly getting my butt handed to me in White Pass because I didn't have enough recovery items or, rather, lack of recovery items I would use before the final boss (AV2)

I think I'll stop right there. There are more, trust me.

It will be hard to pick up something that is *not* a mistake.

- I was searching for flowers like... too long for me to count.

- Searched an entire night for Veldarah.

- Wandering around aimlessly and accidentally stumbling upon insanely high level monsters.

- I couldn't figure out that I need wax for the monster, so I was getting frozen endlessly.

- It took me two weeks to get a pomegranate.

- I tried to beat chickens with a stick... Oh, and Lorad too.  :)

- I kept forgetting the boat.

- Staked all the vampires... duh...

- Filled up my list with all low level classes.

- Leveled up like an insane thing just to get Elini... Not my fault, she wanted experience.  :P

- Went to visit the vamps without the necklace.

- Couldn't tame the dragon for a week or so.

- Duh, overlooked the dungeons I had to finish to save the druids.

- Getting defeat gazillion times.  :D

As for the other Aveyond games, there weren't that much mistakes, just missing a quest or two.

Aveyond was my first RPG, and on my very first play I encountered a store and you know how those go, right? The store opened and I panicked because I couldn't see my character and I had no idea how to exit the store. I ended up closing the whole client and starting again from the beginning of the game. Phew.

So, here's an odd one: I watched my Father play the game when I was much younger and he always had Tei'jal set as the leader of the party so I made up my mind that she was the hero of the story, the best character there was, a paragon of virtue. So when I played the game for the first time I, of course, had her turn Galahad since she could do no wrong. A few years later I felt  crushing guilt that I had enabled a creature of the night to spread a horrifying curse to a pure and noble Paladin.

The later Aveyond games made me feel better about myself though because if Galahad had not been turned into a vampire the world would have come to an end so...

I forgot which of the games it was, but there was this part towards the end where enter this one area and you're cut off from the rest of the map. It was something like that. And since I'd just started playing these kinds of RPGs, I was saving everything on one file. So I go into this area and save my game and ended up being way to weak to fight the end boss, but I couldnt go and really do anything about it. so yeah. That's the only Aveyond game I havent beaten, I think. That's why.

Save on multiple files, folks.

when I first playing aveyond rhen quest my silliest mistake is I did not realized the way to Veldarah. I keep fight the chicken and wondering how to proceed the game. So I gave up while thinking how short this game perhaps. After a few months, I have tried again and go through the road while keep moving forward to run away from the chicken and accidentally transfer me to the new map and.. my sleepless night begin..

Ohhhhh I know!! I remember having Rhen and Lars explore the ice caverns at a very early level (they havent graduated haha) and then somehow managed to reach Daena, Moon Druid.

"The druid is frozen solid" popped up and, being very young at that time, thought I was being really smart and decided to head ALLLLLL the way back to Veldarah to purchase a lot of flame scrolls and then head ALLLLLL the way back to Daena (avoiding all those much-too-high-level monsters) and thinking I could "melt" the statue with the flame scroll...

Hahahahaha good times

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Aveyond Kingdom

In my replay of Av1 I just did that...haha XD Except I didn't go back for the flame scrolls, I kept looking around the cavern for the Sword of Silence thinking I could "cheat" the game by getting it early. I never actually found it because the monsters always ended up getting me DX and I think it was in a blue chest anyways lol

OH the first time I played Aveyond 1 I thought I had to gain levels to gain Elini. So I ground in the Wildeoods for hours getting up to like 30-something before I realized I had to graduate, lol. Now I'm wondering, if I chose not to do the hind quest to get Elini, could I go the entire game without graduating? Hmmm...

Yes it's possible to finish the game without graduating hahaha

I tried it once on Hard Mode and it required a lot of reorganising xD because while Rhen could pick up the Swords of Power, she couldn't use ANY of it, including the Sword of Shadows and Lars could only use whatever spell you bought and had him learn

So I relied heavily on Sleep Lullaby or anything sleep/dizzy inducing spells, and Lars' decompose/poisoning spells...

And defeated Ahriman! HAHAHAHHAHA

My worst mistake? I did a couple. I fought Indra with ice spells, since that's what intelligent people do........ made the same mistake with the ice queen since clearly I can't learn from my mistakes :P

Also when I first played I started and I never actually saved since I had never played a RPG before. Then I ended up in a battle against a enemy when my party was exhausted....and I died. I ended up having to restart the entire game much to my extreme frustration :P Luckly I didn't get super far.

Pretty sure that was all other then occasionally trying to face off against enemies that I wasn't strong enough to beat like in AV2 when going after the wind early in the game that ended up being for the Troll bridge.

I used the level cave as a bit of a cheat when I first found out about the goodie caves but I was still pretty discombobulated in the game and foolishly assumed that level would have a greater effect on attacks then getting good weapons or armour and so didn't bother seeking out those caves. (Yeah, stupid I know. What can I say, I usually played that game at the end of the day when I was mostly braindead lol) I got the crap kicked out of me since I still had pretty basic equipment. After that little experience however, I made sure to do due dillagence and decided that if I was going to cheat I was going to make it worthwhile and just did all the goodie caves lol.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:06 AM, rosetyler said:

I tried it once on Hard Mode and it required a lot of reorganising xD because while Rhen could pick up the Swords of Power, she couldn't use ANY of it, including the Sword of Shadows and Lars could only use whatever spell you bought and had him learn

So I relied heavily on Sleep Lullaby or anything sleep/dizzy inducing spells, and Lars' decompose/poisoning spells...

Finding out the hard way, Rhen is a dropout hero :D:D

@Ishti heh.

I used to not be able to stay on one quest line for more than two minutes. I couldn't finish any of the games until the last year. That's when I finished AP (several times), AV1, and all of AV3.

Also I could never find Ahriman's lair in AV1, because I was convinced it was in the caves outside of Thais.

On 8/6/2016 at 4:06 AM, rosetyler said:

What I did was use chicken curse scroll, boot strapping mana and lighting scrolls (early on) until i got a skudder then first thing to veldt to buy those great armors. My additional twist to my save is I am not returning any druid until i have all of them (so no teiljal but at least galahad is still safe). currently saved only three so far since you need the third in order to get the skudder.