Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

My most ridiculous mistake was that I had the notion that Rhen and Lhars WOULD be married somehow, I just had to FIND it, so, I've been ready to end the game for like the longest time, but I never attempted to finish until I got some guarantee that it wouldn't be that 1/4 hair guy Dameon.

So basically, I played for like a month. A week of that was spent nearing myself towards the end of the game while the rest was just interacting with anything or anyone that would somehow lead to the RhenLars ending. I was in such denial over the Dameon thing V_V

My newest silliest mistake, I don't know that the pemberly keep is for sale. hahaha

I go through the end, and found my self reloading the game just because I can't find away to propose a girl. Here and now, finally I stuck in the help section here, and know that that keep is for sale

Another mistake.

When you go from Ghalarah, you cant kill the chickens. I fought them for an hour and kept on losing.

@ Esme-I made that mistake in Eschalon. I reached places like border town by fighting with my wrist and having the guards or people kill them.

Fuu and Natalieb-I made the same mistake!!! I've now played three times...the first time I didn't realise Pemberley was for sale (orc ending) and the second I didn't realise I had to propose!! I'm now on go number 3 haha

EsmeAmelia-I made that mistake too when I first played Aveyond 1...it was my first RPG and I didn't understand why I kept dying :)

the first time i played aveyond, it was terrible. i killed..n-n-nayingntha (my guessing of how i spell it) and i got the soul.

i walked back upstairs, past the statue of druid, COMPLETELY unaware that i had to put the soul IN the statue (i was so dumb!), and i headed back to sun shrine, where i thought i would be able to ask the oracle "what to do with this damned thing".

i walked in, asked around, NOTHING. i was stuck for about an entire YEAR before i realized "OMG there's a thing called a walkthrough why did i never NOTICE?!"

then i had no idea that the two "vegetarian" vampires were actually NEEDED to move on in the game. so i thought, "200gp just for a vampire corspe?! WOW!!" so i staked them all.

then i got stuck. i found the elephant garlic, but i had no idea wut to do with it. i read a walkthrough and i was like..."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

and i angrily restarted.

and me, being SUCH a slow rpg player and having a bad, old laptop, had to reset the laptop countless times. whenever i thought i was getting anywhere NEAR doing anything, well, what do you know, i needed to reset my laptop!

so it was a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE, but i eventually completed it after about 5 years. :D

then i had no idea that the two "vegetarian" vampires were actually NEEDED to move on in the game. so i thought, "200gp just for a vampire corspe?! WOW!!" so i staked them all.

then i got stuck. i found the elephant garlic, but i had no idea wut to do with it. i read a walkthrough and i was like..."NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

and i angrily restarted.

LOL Yeah, I didn't stake those two but I did stake the vampire who wanted a ghost the first time I played the game. It wasn't game-ending, but I definitely regretted the decision once I found out that I wouldn't be able to finish that quest >_<

I didn't want to stake anyone after I heard that scream that plays when you stake one...but I remember that I did stake one after I kept talking to it and it kept draining me. Then I realized I needed garlic. THEN I staked it.

I made some mistakes and in AP ^^' With finding the cow O_O I went thru all that forest for like 30 mins >.< I even went at that women twice(you know,the one who had to say what destiny will I have)

I made a stupid mistake the very first time I played Av1. First time I played an RPG, and I didn't learn any advanced skills after graduating. At level 8-9, I went to the Northern Kingdom equipped with Slide Thrust and Shock, got Lars killed, and closed the game because I thought I thought he was permanently dead. :P

Also, when I first played AV1 I didn't go to the Wildwoods for ages because someone in Veldarah said not to go to the Wildwoods without a guide. So I saw Elini on the cliff and I thought "okay, she'll be my guide" but then she said she wouldn't join my party until I got more experience. So I kept training and training and training but STILL Elini wouldn't join.

It wasn't until I peeked at a walkthrough when I learned that Elini wouldn't join until you graduated from the Academy, and you couldn't graduate without going into the Wildwoods alone.

I screwed up AV1 a dozen different ways. I didn't realize Lars could go to school, so I was most of the way into the Wildwoods (and grumbling at that lazy Elini) and dying constantly. I was ready to throw him out of my party.

I also took all the spells I could for Rhen, thinking later on I could return to school somehow - she very quickly became useless.

I also wanted all the magic spell options, which left me with Rhen, Lars, Dameon and Elini in areas where only physical attacks were supposed to work. Lessons learned.

@EsmeAmelia I did the that very mistake when i first played Av1! I levelled them up to level 21 & thought when in the world will Ellini join me! I got bored & i though of moving on. I thought maybe if i went in there alone & fought some monsters & came back to her alive she would be convinced that i'm well trained enough for her!

Another silly mistake i did in LoT, i thought why not help Te'ijal & turn Galahad to a vampire completely? I thought that would make him stronger & he will also have the drainig ability! So at the part where i was supposed to get Te'ijal & Galahad out to the overworld, i bought fresh blood from Ghed'are's item's shop & made Galahad drink it, thinking that it would make him look so pale & with red eyes! lol! :lol:

So i'm not the only one?!

Another silly mistake i did when i first played LoT was that i didn't know about Te'ijal draining ability. I went to fight Heptitus & got killed several times. I asked a friend on how to beat her, & she told me about several things to do including using Te'ijal's draining ability. So i thought i'd level them up a lil then give it another shot. I kept using Te'ijal's draining skill, though she had full HP bar. It always missed & i thought that it is probably because i didn't train her enough she keeps missing! I even thought of starting the game over to train Te'ijal from the very beginning, lol! Luckily, i discovered why she kept missing before i start over!