Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

Here's something stupid that Ryo did. In AV1, once Rhen discovered her powers and gained her freedom from being a slave. The emissary from the academy said that he, lars, and the other emissary would be leaving tomarrow. Naturally, Ryo thought he'd be able to leave with them since walking through a forest alone, with a stick, isn't really safe. So he went to sleep at the inn and then spent hours wandering around trying to find them. and then when he didn't find them, he restarted the game and wandered around the town trying to figure out how to get Rhen to go to the academy with Lars and the emissarys. >.

KTC-how do you activate the soul amulet? (I may have done this without realising but just in case!)

Heero-I thought the same thing with Tei...I couldn't understand how to beat the skeletons until someone on this forum told me about her draining ability!

Ryo-lol oh poor you, that must have been frustrating!!

I actually never used the Soul Pendant. Didn't even activate it until we got to Thais and I started checking out what all of my stuff did. XD

I suppose that would be my big AV1 thing--I didn't really go through and see what all of my non-restorative, non-equipment stuff was for a long time. Doing it in Thais wasn't a bad place to check out the love potion, though--it is where all the weddings take place. ;)

I gotta replay AV1 sometime. Going to have to rebuy it, though. (But I'll get Build C this time around! :D)

KTC-thank you! Oh yes, I totally forgot...I have to replay AV1 sometime too.

Rena-my experience was similar...I didn't want to lose anything that was non-restorative or equipment so I didn't try them out for a very long time!

There's another group of fairies who want to go to Aveyond. Try getting both groups together.

Spoiler: It was a problem before that people weren't getting the fairy dust from the second group, so there was nothing to get Dameon sane again. That's why the change, so that you really can't help getting the fairy dust.

About the only silly mistakes that I remember making are going in to an area that was way above my current level. It wouldn't take long for me to figure that one out since it would usually end with a game over screen.

I do that alot too Mizzou. I screwed up in Gates of night to, not getting certain people engaged before they were taken away. Oh and I would totally armor some characters up and then they would leave the party so i'd be stuck playing a character I wasn't before with practically no armor. :lol:

I remembered more mistakes:

-In AV1, I thought the Angel of Deaths in Ahriman's Lair were NPCs, so I got near them, and BAM! Battle.

-I missed the Witchwood Attraction point for Mel in AV3, so I had Edward marry Lydia instead.

Hmmm.....

Oh! I remember one! I was playing Aveyond 1, and I had the rowboat. So, I decided to fight the slimes in the cave where you find Indra... (I had Rhen, Lars, Elini and Te'ijal). I barely survived (Te'ijal was the only one left alive) So I quickly used a Sedona traveling rune. Now, you may think that's Ok... but my rowboat was about 5 minutes of safe-walking away, parked right outside the Snow Queen's castle. Also, the ferry was on the Nothern Isle. And of course, I saved as soon as I teleported. So, since I didn't have any other save slots, I had locked myself out of the Nothern Isle until I got the skudder, when the ferry 'mystically teleported' to the Eastern Isle.

Entering an area where the monsters are way stronger than me, reminds of when i started playing Av2! I kept going to the green forest (can't remember exact names, still a beginner) where there are black crows & kept dying & dying. After, like the 4th or 5 th time i got killed, i finally realized that i had to go to the snow mountain first, lol!

Oh, I remember one, in Av1.

I thought the only way to be safe from vampires was to wear a garlic necklace. Normal, right? No, not normal- I thought they were accessories! I bought three garlic necklaces and tried to equip them on my party members...

I remember making a mistake in aveyond 1,

I did'nt know that you needed to buy a

garlic necklace before going to ghedahre,

so I went there without the garlic necklace

talked to a vampire and got killed instantly.

Unfortunately, I didn't save my game

since leaving the academy so I lost all that progress I made.

When I first got Lars in the party, I didn't know that he could learn spells at Shadwood Academy, so I was trying to beat all these really hard monters. I remember thinking "Heck, he's so weak!" and I couldn't do anything with him. So I got stuck, and I didn't save to multiple slots at that time, so I had to start over. In my second time through, Lars was my most powerful party member, along with Rhen.

I remember that in AV1 I could never find Veldarah and kept going in circles to the thre entrance to the 'world'. I got worried and thought I 'd be stuck in that forest for ever and thought to myself, 'They should make maps of these places.' Then finally, I found out the right way and after that I got lost in veldarah and couldn't find Shadwood Academy for an hour. :D

Yup, I get lost easily. :D

I have a history of being 'stuck' at various points in the game - basically, I don't know what to do and where to go next. Since I have a strict 'no walkthrough' rule, it meant hours of circling around maps XD I've experienced it in all three games XD Aveyond 3: LoT is the most memorable though - I spent hours circling the Istir Forest map. XDD

OOT: Dang, I miss Amaranthia. XD Been away for a month or so XDD Thank you, hectic college schedules! XDDD

in aveyond (rhen's quest) you only need one smoke-bomb to get honey from the bee hive and after that they have no use, but i thought they were weapons you could use in battle to "bomb" the enemy and i bought like 30 lol

so then they were totally useless :[

Yeah beckss, I did something similar.

I thought you used them on bees in battle- I spent like half an hour until I called my friend and asked how to do it. LOL. They told me I had to find a hive....