Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

I believe I was playing Rhen's quest and I was looking like mad for Thais, because I thought it would be the same place it was in Ean's quest. (I played them in backwards order)

So I was trying and trying to get to what I thought was unreachable Thais (actually Sedona) and I thought maybe I need the dragon to get there so I spent the next hour progressing the game to get the dragon, and flew to "Thais" and realized there was no place to land. Then, in my frustration I just started flying around everywhere, went a little too far east and came upon a small Island that had a little castle on it. Sure enough, I found good 'ol Thais. :)

I totally agree, the autosave thing is truly amazing. Especially for someone who rushes with decisions XD

@Shanna: lol, that is hilarious XD

Ahh, yesh. I have the *bad* habit of going up ahead things in RPGs before I train. That is, I found myslef in (*drums*) "The Mysterious Land of Aveyond" (We're talkin' about Av1) and I could not defeat the bees because I was too low in level. I only found my way up there by running away from everything that was considered a threat XD. But I must say that when I found myself surrounded by bees I did not have a chance. XD I guess that it's the game programmer's way to say "Haha, now told ya you hafta train before going around where you don't belong yet" lol.

And the same happened to av2, (I was a beta tester, so I got to play build A) and as some may know, build A was first leading Ean to Ravenwood and only after that to Ryva, and eventually, to Shaelnir. XD well, I just wanted to see the frozen city and as I did before, I dodged all the monsters (I had a hard time with the crows and the ice birds lol) and eventually ended up in Shaelnir, without having any training XP. I am such an impatient person... lawl

My biggest mistake, as with many others it seems, is forgetting to save. I am a big RPG fan and I get really into the Aveyond series. I think I kicked myself in the arse numerous times before the wonderful version 2 of Ean's quest auto save feature.

THEN, when I started to play Ean's Quest I would get mad when I died cause I knew my last save was forever ago and I would forget it had an auto save feature.

My mistake is i don't realized myself that I'm not changing equipment.In other words, i don't know to select the best equipment. i just don't get it by strength, agility and rather choose randomly any equipment..but, i realize it at second try. i feel so silly..

@crc: I know how you feel. though I find AV wasn't that bad in the saving department. Compared to a game like Alice (egads! Died so many times in that game. and it was only on medium mode DX) or AP (dang crashing ghosting menace), AV is very...forgiving generally.

@intan: lol. was AV your first rpg? Oo?

@KTC: Alice? What game is that? Sound interesting.

Aveyond 1 was my first RPG too... And probably the only, because much as I want to play AV3, my stupid computer kept on saying it's a virus and refuses to let me download it.

yes, AV1 is my first RPG. i found it at Yahoo Games and ended up here. AV1 also make me know RPG world the best.But, how to say... to me AV1 is 1st rank RPG even with so many others, maybe this is called first love so special.

Well,the only siily mistake i did was in GoN where in the orc kingdom,i used the flowers and the sonnet on mel.Then right at the end I realized her and eddie couldn't get married and I was soo angry :D I had to play all over again cuz I had written over the save. :D

In, AV1 I got stuck in that goose and I stayed trying to find and exit from there, lol, so then I realized that I could use the auto-save to load the game without having to do lots of things again... :D:D:D

Now…Let see

I’ve made million silly mistakes while I was playing all Aveyond games

But the silliest mistake I’ve ever done was when I stake the entire vampires in Ghedahre

So the ghost stuck with me till the end so I replayed the game :oops:

Not mention that I replayed Aveyond Rhen's quest like five times :oops:

I watched my sis playing a lot way before I even started playing myself, and I got the walkthrough, so I didn't really make any silly mistakes... Except for mistaking Indra as a random ice elemental and walked out of the room because I thought there's nothing there.

I don't remember if I posted here before.

I can't remember silly mistakes in the Aveyond games. But in AP, definitely.

It was my first RPG and I had no idea that it is necessary to fight monsters instead of dodging them. I just kept dodging them all the time and made it to Candar [i could cross the bridge although the person said it was broken], the snowy region, Mysten Far, and even to Seafall shrine and the Underworld, while still being on level 5! [i think the Academy in Thais gives you 4 levels when you graduate.] But then I was still walking around cluelessly XD I knew from somewhere [the message in Dyuti shrine?] that I was supposed to find Avhren but I didn't know where she was. And I couldn't make it through the Underworld because there's one bat that's just impossible to dodge, in a narrow corridor. This all was before I joined this forum. Then after I joined I found Kings' and Maren's walkthroughs and started over :D

Well

I have only played the lost orb one

so my silliest mistake was when

I forgot to give the golden frog to Walt..

yes i went to the orb's place before finishing this quest so I reply my game because of that..

>_<

@Wyst

:D :D :D

@Luz_Melian

:D :D :D

@ wyst - he looked human to me...despite his weird haircut.Mice don't have hair do they? :D

@ little_june - i couldn't even complete that quest bcoz i got the old lady thrown into jail instead of mel xD