Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

Agas - You didn't notice it in the games, or haven't you played AV2 and AV3? It's in both of these games; there are the options to pair some of the heroes but you need to gather a given amount of these attraction points during the game. E.g. by buying flowers to one of the girls, and such things.

@Valkyriet: Well mice do have hair, but his front view and this crack thing along his head, I tought he was part mouse!

I also kept thinking Sedona was Thais, and I was mad because I coudlnt get there!

@luz_melian: You don't know that I have NOT played any Aveyond beyond the AV 1? I thought I've said it quite a lot before. Now, I hope all those "attraction point" things aren't really crucial to playing the game. Because if they are, I don't want to play them :(

In the order that I played them:

AV:- could not for the life of me figure out how to get to the 5th marionbell (the one across from eggie).

- Thought that when Elini said 'experience', she meant you need to be a higher level. I trained for hours, I think I got to 40, before I stumbled upon the beehive in Aveyond and was like 'duuuuuuh.'

- Had no idea where to get the painting. I looked in all the item shops and I even looked for an artist before I gave up. I only got it in my second run through, where I happened to talk to the witch child again.

AP: - First time I played it, I thought it was like Aveyond, so when I stepped out into the field, I didn't realise the bug was attacking me, and died.

AV2 : - I never bothered leveling up in the beginning, so when I got to Ravenwoods, I had to either dodge the monsters or die. :( Had to restart the whole game so I could hit bees for half an hour.

AV3 : - I couldn't figure out how to wake up the Sleeping Beauty. I eventually had to look in a guide.

@agas

No, the "attraction points" feature is completely optional, but it's fun seeing the characters' reactions to certain actions!

For example, in The Lost Orb, (highlight for spoiler) you can have Spook read Mel some love poetry...only to find out that the poems are terrible and Mel hates them, thus subtracting from Spook's total attraction points LOL. Most of the time, it's pretty straight forward, though. Like, buy the character flowers and you get +1 attraction points.

@Berthier

I totally did the same thing in AP, haha! It took me a few times to figure out AP's battle system, and I spent a good few levels hating it until I got used to it ._.

The painting quest in AV1 also took me forever, although I got it after a lot of walking ^^;;

@all

I did a number of stupid things in TLO. The biggest was I entered a dungeon area (the Worm Caves, or whatever they're called) but forgot to both save and upgrade my equipment >.> I managed to get past some of the monsters by a combination of restorative items and luck, but by the time I realized I couldn't keep it up and kept dying, I was so far into the maze that I was completely lost! I had to quit and load an earlier saved game *sigh*

haha

I played lots of RPG games but my

first one was a Japaneses game

called fantasy star or something like it

it was so hard...

anyway in TLO I made such number of mistake because it was so deferent from the other RPG games that I used to play before...

Agas - oh, I didn't know; I prolly hadn't seen those posts or they had been made during one of my absent periods. I only remember your passion for AV1 and the deavas and your great drawings of them :) But yeah, like Aeternus said, the attraction things are fun but not mandatory.

Attraction points are fun, but not mandatory, like Aeternus and Luz_Melian said. They play a slightly bigger role in AV3 then AV2, but not much. Also, you should find them all by just talking to random villagers/party interaction.

Anyways, more on topic is:

[TLO] I waited to use the life crystal in the sewers and in the Bristle Woods. Then, once I got all the Peliad upgrades, I didn't need it anymore... I learned that you'll probably only need the life crystal first few times you go to a place from that.

I'll probably have more TLO things, but I'm still playing, so...

@Valkyriet: you were talking about getting an old lady in jail, in one of your posts, instead of Mel. What old lady are you talking about, and how did you make her go to jail instead of Mel? O_O

@Elemental: Same here -_-. And now I missed all those life crystals and spent a lot of gold on inns and haunches in Peliad for practically nothing.

@Valkyriet: you were talking about getting an old lady in jail, in one of your posts, instead of Mel. What old lady are you talking about, and how did you make her go to jail instead of Mel? O_O

In Peliad, there's a side quest, where depending on which way you chose to stop the baby thefts, you can get either an old woman or Mel thrown in jail.

You can get Mel thrown in gaol? If they're talking about the baby trading quest, I got the lady thrown in as soon as I looked around for the evidence the Inspector wanted.

O.O

EDIT: Oh, duh, should have looked at the one above me. I feel stupiiiiiiiiiid.

I have played Ahriman's Prophecy 3 times, & every single time I mess up on Ella, so the prince always ends up marrying Alicia & I can never get her on my team.

I also have a bad habbit of mixing up the who & where of all of the games. I have a terrible memory. So sometimes I try to scour the continent, looking for a charater or a place from a different Aveyond game.

lol at everything! I have done all of those things at one time or another. But my big trouble is trying to go too fast and missing all the goodies. I force myself to slow down so that I can gain levels and get all the treasure in each area. I love the story so much that i can't wait to get to the next part!