Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

um.

AP was my very first RPG game ever.

Which is to say that when I played it I had no idea how it worked.

The first few times I tried to play, I avoided all the monsters in Talia's hometown. Which made me not level up, AND not have money. (I also didn't realize how to loot monsters for a while as well...) Then I went to the continent with the money I found in chests and by selling my stuff... couldn't get back, obviously, since I had no money... and promptly started dying, since I couldn't avoid the monsters anymore.

Yeah. Pathetic. I think I tried three times, growing increasingly frustrated, to play in this manner before finally receiving s bolt of inspiratio thatmaybe I was supposed to, you know, choose to fight the monsters.

(Wow. It really amazes me that it was the first game I ever played with the concept of "leveling up". It's really very hard for me to remember myself at the time. ...Can't even remember how long ago this was O_O)

@Esme: Yeah, if you go into the Castle too much without doing anything about the quest, eventually the ball starts without Ella there and you can't get Alicia either.

I did that about 1/2 the times I played through AP :(

Ah. I miss this place.

My first mistake in Aveyond 1 is getting stuck in Ghalarah. After I did all the chores, I had no idea I had to talk to Mistress Rona again. So I spent a few hours arguing with the guard to let me out. I went everywhere, thinking there must be a way out. Haha!

I was also wondering around wildwood under experience and then accidentally stumbled across land's end. It was a nightmare. I kept dying and dying and there was absolutely no way out!!

And when I got Vohu Mana, I thought he was so cute, I didn't want to give him away. :P

@ agas - the skunk leaf is kind of a herb found in Bristle Woods which is needed to make a potion; I forgot which one.

@ musica1379 - This topic is for posting any silly mistakes you did while playing any of the aveyond games.You should go to The Lost Orb forum to ask for game help :)

@likalurru (please forgive me if I write this wrong): Yeah fiquring out how to get the treasure chest in the basement, the reward of the ella quest, was the second error I made playing the AP game. First being that I didn't save enough early on.

I actually didn't catch on to the Ella quest until I played through Rhen's quest (AV-1).

Oh, the first time I played AP, I freaked out when the guy put the love charm on Talia and Devin. I thought I had done something horribly wrong. I didn't realize it was a step towards getting them married.

Esme - Yes, I did too XD

But you know what, it's very tricky with the marriages; unless you know about them from the forums it's very unlikely that the player will manage to get any of the possible marriages in AP because there are so many steps you have to do and do them correctly. Specially the marriage with Alicia. I think a lot of players explore a lot and interact with all NPC and other things, and since before getting Alicia in your party you come to Candar, it's likely that the player will get the charm for Devin + Talia and won't be able to have Devin marry Alicia any more.

Heh, I played AP 5 times XD I was so charmed by the game and I wanted to try all guilds [though eventually I didn't get to use the spells much; in the system AP uses it's so much easier to just keep hitting the spacebar. ] In the other games after my first one I was using the god goodie though [gives you level 50 from the beginning of the game, the best equipment for Talia and Devin and I think also some gold, not sure] :Tongue:

when i 1st played av1 i got so ticked off on being sold as a slave, i tried 2 do all i could 2 stop it. i tried not talking to peter, looked for alternative routes out of the village, i even thought the slave trader won't see the ring if i did not put it on. even after i realized being sold was the only option, the whole leaving-the-lovely-little-village thing kept on bugging me, and i kept on thinking everything will be alright and the game will be over as soon as i could reach clearwater again.

i also forgot to train rhen and lars at the apprentice level, but i was too lazy to choose spells while fighting anyway, unless absolutely required.

In GoN, medusa enchants edward and he joins her, so i got him killed off before going to fight medusa and thought he would be dead already. sadly, it didn't work. Heck, why do none of my "bright" ideas work??!!!

Well, I get to play it all over again, every one of the games because my computer crashed thanks to a fb friend's virus (opened an infected email which immediately hijacked my machine and began downloading a 'security program'despite my 3 layers of security. (disabled McAfee, Spyware Doctor and Reg work) My user/account had to be deleted to save the machine, and my basic backups were re-installed, but I had slacked off on doing big backups.I lost an incredible amount of game time, but the important files were all there. So if I want to have everyone up for the next installment in Mel's adventure I will have to do it again. And I am a good backer upper now I think you should know!

My first mistake was in AP. When I went in the forest at the beginning without Devin, I got killed by the green snakes. The second time was also in AP. When I got to Devinshire, I freaked when I saw that the bats in the bat cave kept killing me. Soon, they eventually were killed, thanks to the mercenary sword, but...then I couldn't find Thais. I searched and searched and searched all over the Mountain Pass...but then I peeked through the walkthrough. Life-savers, they are.

Well, other than that, I couldn't find the underground passage to Leyrvo's Lamp or whatever-the-you-know-what-it's-called, and then i finally checked the coffins in AV1: RQ. Damn. Other than those little bloopers, I didn't make any mistake.

I'm not new, but since it's been more than a year since I last played Aveyond, I kinda forgot a lot of stuff. I forgot to take the magic clock when I went to hunt for Aesma, went on a suicidal mission to kill Agas when the highest levelled member of my party is only at level 30 (and got very VERY well-acquainted with his Time Storm), I forgot to go after Indra until I got everyone BUT Daena and then when I DID go after her, I mistook her for an ice elemental AGAIN.

Uhh... another very VERY dumb mistake that I made and it's entirely my fault. If you guys know, I tampered with the game's pixels. So I somehow forgot what is actually who and... ended up getting myself into pointless fights that I usually avoid. Kinda funny because i actually changed the Druid Soul pixel into... something else and then it caused me to forgot to take the soul when I've beaten the daeva. And then... I forgot to fight the daevas again and again because I recently switched the daeva and druid pixels so... For some reason made me forgot to fight the daevas, even though Eithera sitting in the Genie's Lamp should be a clear sign that something is not right (in case you're not catching on, that "Eithera" is actually Saurva).

@agas: lol, speaking of messing with games.

In AP, I made the attack power of a weak monster to really high to test variables. Forgot to change it back.

yep, was pwned.