Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

@rogue: Yeah, and I can't hunt for the pixels for you either because I couldn't install a Yahoo!Games version of AV3 in my "magic" laptop. For some reason this pixel hack only works with Yahoo!Games AV. I got one from BigFishGames and it doesn't work.

When I play AV1, I was coming from GoN. So, I was used to being able to use both the keyboard and the mouse. And I usually used the mouse for the menu. When I opened up AV1, I tried to select "New Quest" with the mouse. When it didn't work I turned off the computer, thinking that my computer was zoning out or something, because it tends to do that. When I turned it on again, I tried again but it didn't work. So I got frustrated and turned off my computer again. I walked away to let it cool off. It took me forever to realize that I could only use the keyboard.

Then, later on, I forgot to stock up on restoratives before heading to the Wildwoods and Land's End. I got hopelessly lost in Mt. Orion, and I only had one canister of auquifolium left, and Rhen, Lars, and Elini were all running out of MP. When I did finally find Naghaithya, he wiped out everyone except for Lars, who had about ten HP left. And I had overwriten all of my other saves. So, I had to start over.

Aveyond 1: Found the place without having to fight a chicken (after Rhen escapes slavery) and got there perfectly without a problem, but my computer turns off, forgot to save, and I can't do it!

Aveyond 3: Couldn't find the client for 20 minutes. -_-

I have about 1 for each aveyond.

AP: I totally thougth that Auvrail (or whatever that naming lady's name is) was in Elden. I went looking all over for her.

Av1: I got to the part where Rhen became a slave that I didn't play it for months. I finally somehow found out that that was supposed to happen and I got angry with myself.

Av2: I tried to go to Thais over and over again, and even though I met Rye, I din't think of talking to him for over 2 months!

Av3, 4 & 5: Until Aveyond Gates of Night, I thougth that LoT and GoN were the different games with the same main character.

Those wr mine

Here's more that I only now thought of:

AV1: It took me forever to fight the spiders and not die. I also kept forgetting to save, so it took me a really long time to get anywhere.

AV2: I had so much trouble getting to Thais it's not even funny. I got so frustrated that I had to use the walkthrough. I also got lost in Cursed Woods. A lot.

AV3-1: Finding the Client. I kept looking everywhere in Clockwork Manor until I figured out how to leave the building- then I couldn't find the right exit.

Forgot to sleep once I got to the Academy in AV1 and got my student outfit. I walked around and kept on getting killed by chickens. And since I've actually finished this game FIVE TIMES before this, this is a major WTH moment.

And then, of course, the suicidal mission AGAIN. It's kinda a "mistake", because I got myself killed over and over, but a good mistake in a way. Ever since I managed to pull that off once, I kinda like the thrill and frustration, so I decided to go at it again.

Trying to kill Agas at level 35 is not a very wise idea, but since I get to see him going on to Dameon about "which side are you on" and all that stuff over and over, it's worth it :evil: VERY MUCH worth it

Gosh, I'm so happy to see that a lot of people thought Rhen becoming a slave wasn't the right way to go :D Right when that happened, I was like "Nooooo, what'd I do wrong?!" and restarted. XD But after it happened the second time, I just decided to go with it.

When it came to the Dreamworld, I was creamed during the first fight. So I decided I would just be all ninja-like and dodge all the monsters like a plague. I don't remember exactly what level I was on, but it was like a situation that daeva_agas said.. fighting Agas at a low level is not fun @.@

I can't count how many times I defeated a leader, automatically thought I had the daeva's soul, went all the way back to Aveyond, and then figured out "... oh yeah. Kinda needed to get the soul from the temple." That was so frustrating XD

I'm sure I made plenty more mistakes in the three times I've played AV1 through, but I haven't played in quite a while..

Oh, big one I just thought of. First time I played GON, I didn't know the shops and inn would become unavailable after rescuing Mel from the vampires. So I went to fight Gyendal without a good amount of restoratives, not properly leveled up, without the best armor, and since I had messed up the tutor quest, I didn't have the best weapons either.

In other words, I didn't have a prayer against Gyendal. I had to start over.

haha that sort of happened to me too...

I was like, no way do I want to go into that creepy cave, i can tell something bad is going to happen, let me at least wait until Talia gets around to telling me that important thing.

So I tried going to sleep etc to make it a new day... Eventually gave in and went into the cave after all. But it took more than half an hour of me trying to advance the game in other ways.

I was trying to beat up Gyendal in AV3-3 and it was really difficult because none of the magic tricks like poison and stuffs works on him. So after wasting all my health potions and Cassia Leaves, I tried using the Death scroll I found in Underfall. Gyendal dies at once. If I'd known about it, I could've saved the time, and potions i have used just to try and fight him...

first time i saw te'ijal and wanted her in my party. i think it was build A or something, because when i talked to her she just said "..." so i thought she'll join me when i level up more. then i saved rashnu and got the silver coins instead of the sunblock, because i thought the sunblock would be useless. i went and saved another two druids, and then i found out that i was supposed to get the sunblock for te'ijal. i was so furious.

@sandstorm: I don't know if this is a bug, but I am never able to sell the silver coins. It's unavailable in the Sell option.

@Blurble: At first, I thought so too. But I got desperate because Gyendal kept killing my party members and I was outta cassia leaves and potions. So that's sort of my last hope- which, apparently, works much better than I had expected.

Aveyonds a cute game, but it completely lacks guidance. I dono if I could beat it without a walkthrough.. Right now, I'm looking for the damn beehive!!!

Oh.. and when they told me to watch out for feral chickens in the beginning, I totally ran into every single one I could