Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

@summerblue: I know right? To get done within the 5 minute limit you have to skip through quickly, then accidentally choose "join Ahriman" and I'll go "AAAHHH!!! NOOOEES!!!!" :D

XD Lesson to you, time limit users. By buying the game, you help lady Amanda develop more games. That's why I purchase the games the day they're out. otherwise, I rarely purchase any other games on the Internet, cause I play mostly old console types of games.

This is going a bit off topic :D

I just made some silly mistakes in AV 1 (which I, for some reason, never finished).

- I was stuck in mount orion (missed the cave entrane towards the demon) and when I was back in Veldarah I thought "maybe I should talk to the orc whith the orc orb in the staff" When i was at the ord, I realised it was a gnome orb.

- Using my own boat, I took the shortcut to aveyond, but to return, I took the normal route and ended up where the ferry stops. Of course the ferry wasn't there, so I had to walk to whole way back (I refuse to pay for my transport with the mule express)

- I made the regular "try to get the boat seller to date with Elini" mistake

- I was looking for wax, found the beehive, went back to the bini's for the smokebomb, then used the smokebomb on the hive. With the wax and the mirror I went to face the charmed creature, and noticed that I only put the bees asleep, but forgot to take the wax.

- I collected the light in the vampiretown of which I can't say the name by heart, and tried to collect the needed ashes...by staking all vampires. Was a sad day indeed.

- I tried to catch a fairie but it didn't work, Rhen said "I need a bottle". So there was only one thing I could o: run back to Veldarah and buy the birdcage to catch the fairies, do I have to tell how it ended?

Yannes, that were my fist and usual cliches in Aveyond 1. I also tried the cage thing,same with the wax that I almost broke my PC 'cause of that, same Elini thing, and not to say the stupidest thing ever anyone can do, was the first time in the game, by the way, attempted to equip the Sleep Flute, because I thought it was an equipment item. Unless I found it works like a normal item... Not to mention that I was dumb enough to use magic on Magic Mushroom! *sarcasm* Remember people, Gate works perfectly on Magic Mushrooms! *sarcasm* *forced smile*

Revives thread

I remembered a silly mistake I made when Beta testing TDP because of which I almost had to restart. I decided to dodge enemies using the Beast Repellant, get to Underfall and save. Now I had no money to buy weapons and no beast repellent. It took me the better part of 3 days to get to safety

The first time I ever played Aveyond, I had a perfectly good save by Vohu Mana's temple. Then, I used the save crystal (Build B) in the Mt. Orion Cave (Build B) when Rhen and Lars were dead, I had no Cassia Leaves, Elini had very little health and not enough mana to use a spell, and I couldn't avoid the Ravwyrns you have to pass to get back to the main area.

When I was playing AV2, I first played build A and didnt take the boat from that big tree at the beginning and then, after trail was over, I redownloded trial from other site, but with build B and continiued from my last save from buid A. And because I didn't have the boat and in v.A there were bridges, but in v.B weren't any, I simply got stuck in the middle of that place/island and used all mt trail from v.B searching

I originally thought the bottle appeared if you talked to the Snow Queen. I had no idea it was the Thieves' Cave quest or even how to do that quest.

My mistakes was: (Every Aveyond, that I get was latest build, hence joining to forum, days before TDP was out)

AP: I come by green snake too close (just start of game), and saved. Talia died every time, as I reloaded save, until I realized, that this was delayed attack.

AV 1: I killed a ghost-quest wise vampire, and taking two quest, that you can't complete both (Giving elf statue to elves OR squirrels).

AV 2: Got red salamander, and didn't saved, so I restarted game for extra ending, didn't used party goodie - it is for me path, than regular goodie and picking another excluding quest (capture north wind, give to laboratory for spell for Gavin OR removing troll from bridge, and get back an alchemic kettle or something to owner in Happily Ever After for boots.)

AV 3.1: Stuck in mansion when you go to balcony to "thieves".

AV 3.2: Give 2 negative attraction not to Lydia, luckily saved before it.

AV 3.3: Give to Spook positive attraction points and not taking Hercules sculpture.

AV 3.4: Stucked at end of Tornkeep Well with ailment-casting monsters - Sleep/Paralyze/Silence.

Luckily Stella saved me with Sleep.

I used walkthrougs for all games, but I was too fast, so I commited these mistakes.

@raxo: And giving positive Spook attraction points is bad because? The attraction points didn't matter at all, so why is it a stupid thing to do? :S *is confused*

@raxo: there's nothing bad about it. It's not your/anyone's mistake. The plot just goes like that. You just won't know until you finish. Doing that doesn't bring any bad things either.

Actually, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get Spook x Mel attraction points. It's possible, since they don't lead to anything. Plus, he says 'Did you really think I liked you? How funny.' That implies that he had goten her stuff.

@CAAAAT

No the attraction points were just a red herring. You weren't supposed to really do anything. They were they to fool people.

And those who actually liked it pitched a fit :P

Seriously, there's a bloody walkthrough that said the attraction points mattered in TDP!! I don't know WHY they think so, but... geh.

Even when I replay TLO I give the attraction points to Spook. I feel like it completes my game, and I am super compulsive about things like this. Besides that, I consider the Spook attraction points canon. :P

@iPink: YES! :evil: Not filling up attraction points gives me the same feeling as having an uncompleted quest before the game ends does. It really feels like there's something I need to do.

Well, to be honest, I just need those attraction points to justify my crack... I mean, at the very least that stupid love potion should have friggin' MATTERED in the next game! I do not buy for one second that the love potion wears off so quickly! >___< *fangirl rampage* Ugh, I know how to make events unfold differently depending to whether or not the love potion is used in a VN, but I don't know if it's possible to tamper with such things in RMXP.

-------------------------------------

That was off topic... Moving on.

I count my not giving Edward the speedy shoes before the final battle (or not stocking up quicksilver) as a mistake. I really REALLY hate walking around Thais in that uber-slow speed.

Giving Yemite the best armour. She runs off to join Mel and I lose all the stuff. Granted, there's even better armour in the next parts of the game, but that's still a major loss for me.

And giving Yemite the speedy shoes. THANKFULLY that was the beta-version so I still have the quiksilver for Stella's party. I'm glad I found the goodie caves quite early on in the release build. Otherwise I would be suffering when I play Mel's party.

Re-reviving.

One of my MOST stupid moments are:

Forgetting to save before a boss fight

Forgetting to save period

Downloading too many goodies at once (AV1)

Yep those are most remembered mistakes.