Aveyond Studios Community
Heero

What silly mistakes did you do in aveyond when you were new?

My biggest regret in AV3-3 is to go and teleport to places I don't really need to go to get attraction points for Spook. Near the end of the game, I realized how useless that has been and thinking that I've wasted time and money on that is totally lame.

It's not really a mistake, but every time I play AV1, I run into about a thousand spiders trying to level up. And I forget to save so I end up practically restarting.

Also, right now I'm replaying AV2 on expert mode and I'm trying to get to level 99. I'm at Wyvern Pass and it took me way too long just to kill one. So, I dumbly thought I could go back into the sewers and level up until I reached level 20, then the last three would be easy!

I forgot that monsters respawn when youl eave the map. So I had to fight that wyvern again- not fun.

Oh, another thing. The first time I played AV1 I made Lars a Necromancer early on because it was the first guild I ran into. I didn't realize there were other guilds OR the become a Necromancer shut out the option of joining the other guilds.

I heard that the silver coins would give you an extra spell when you reach level 99, but it's never proven because I never bothered trying to prove it. Te'ijal is the best melee fighter in the party.

In Aveyond 1 I made the mistake of trying to fight Ahriman at level 79, and that was the worst thing that I've ever done in the whole entire game.

Also in Aveyond 2 I accidentally went to Seri and joined the fighting tournament with Emma's starting equipement and I totally failed, so my options were to either start back at the beast's lair or just live with the mistake. I went back to the beast's lair :):(

i didn't do any sidequests. period. i just did the whole main quest and thought, oh, dang it, done already? then i discovered the sidequests that i hadn't done, and i started to do them but they didn't make any sense, and some of them i couldn't do because of something triggered by the end game and such nonsense.

I had the same mistake with the cursed Armour too. All three of my characters were wearing them. I was wearing a necklace,(the one that defend against curse) and was wondering why was i still cursed..then i had the sudden urge to look at the equip menu.then i understood why..

The city of endjiro was my mistake too.i didnt look 4 d key though. I was looking for the mayors house in the two village. Then i decided to continue my journey n leave the ghost there.

And the most saddest mistake i made was when trying to free the druid of music. I spent two days trying to figure it out. In the walkthrough (dunno which one) said that it was it temple of lands end on the left stairs. There is no stairs there btw...so i went out and searched around the temple for stairs. After that I was clueless.

Does AP count? The mistake I made when I played AP was that I only had 1 save file and then I got stuck in a place with lots of high-level creatures that I couldn't kill and I could barely escape. Had to start over :( Luckily, I wasn't that far into the quest so it's no biggie.

Haha.. judging by them amount of mistake I make, I'm still new :)

I downloaded AP yesterday to play with a friend, and we decided to switch who gets too play often. When my friend was playing she went into the area outside of Eden where you can get attacked, and when the tutorial for how to battle came up she skipped over it! So we both had to test our monster-dodging skills unitl I decided to start over just to see how to fight.

Well since AV1 was my first RPG I ended up making quite a few of the mistakes already mentioned here like avoiding getting enslaved, forgetting to get Lars take his classes, etc until the point that I finally succumbed to referring to the walkthrough to avoid any more blunders :P

AV1 was my first RPG too.. and it took me many, as in many days.. more like months to finish it.. i was always stuck in places and caves.. dungeons, etc etc. poor me. o, well. but now, i'm used to them already :D

Hmm, AV1 was my first RPG, so I remember making quite a few mistakes.

1.When Rhen gets sold as a slave- I kept restarting and restarting. I was like: "NO this is a "bad" ending, I got something wrong" but when I saw the walkthrough I realized that you have to be sold :D

2.When I was saving the first druid I was using the build B walkthrough while playing build A. I was wondering "Where is this Mount Orion? There's no such place." And went to the druid's basement "Oh look a guy in the basement, maybe he can tell me where mount Orion is" Instead he engaged me in a fight :D

Ok.

When i was new. I downloaded the Aveyond 2 demo. Which i thought was Aveyond 1.

I downloaded it. Downloaded it many times and voala: I can only play for 2 minutes each time.

When i went to the page which tells you how long you have. It said 2 min.

Id play it. I would die from a monster because i didnt save. then find it still said i have 2 min to play left

I played it by saving multiple times after every battle. Youd say it was a challenge. a feat impossible :)

When i got to the final battle. I couldnt finish it. You couldnt exit out of the fight until you finished it.

I can sadly say it would more than 2 minutes to finish. Which i couldnt do.

This resulted in me buying the game, and playing it quite i few times. I also joined Amaranthia and play the Aveyond games. in order

( ahriams Prophecy i didnt play. I died from snakes and bees quite easily. Never got as far as finishing the demo)

I think i said this b4 somewhere.... hmmm

I hope that made sense.

Can anyone tell me how to get HP. I keep thinking my user will fall dead any second

If you know how to get HP please PM me. It would help alot :)

Either that or Aveyond is the first they recognized as an RPG. I mean, what counts as an RPG anyway? I personally think that one Barbie spy game I used to play as a kid counts as RPG (you DO play as Barbie after all), but maybe I'm wrong.

you got a point :)

(going back to the topic) i remember also when i go in ruins and stuff, it usually takes me weeks (yeah, im hopeless back then) to get out and within that scope of time, ive already memorized the paths :P haha..

When I was battling Indra, I forgot to have Elini on as active and she didn't learn the her summon.. And I didn't save anywhere near it, so now she doesn't have it and I still have to continue.

AP:

In the beginning, just outside of Elden, I would always go straight up into snake territory without training any. I thought it was a glitch when I kept randomly getting hit and dying without there being anywhere near me, so I kept having to restart the game because I didn't know how to save.

Then when I finally figured out to train with the bees before going up into the part with snakes, I couldn't find the cow. Restart again.

Finally, I found the cow, got the milk, and brough it back to Grandma. I went to Avrail, and when I went back to Grandma, I thought you were supposed to lie. So, I went through the beginning about 20 times before I actually got somewhere.

Also, when i got to the water relic boss, because I hated the way fighting was, I chose to sacrifice Jack instead of fighting, also because I hated Jack.

AV1:

Let's see...

Didn't realize you had to go through the caves the get the fifth marionbell.

Kept trying to fight the chickens and dying.

Tried to fight Lorad as soon as you were able to do it- I even still had the stick equipped.

Looked all over the rich lady's house in Ghalarah trying to find the ring I was given by Talia. Didn't bother to talk to her and find out that she had sold it to the junk merchant.

Tried everything to get Elini married to the boat dealer- After all, she's looking for a husband she's definitely exotic, just as the boat dealer stated!

Would always walk over the holes and walk into the boulders in the crypt place in Halloween Hills and wondered why I got teleported to the beginning of it.

These are all I can think of for now.

lol. I think having only 2 min every time to play aveyond 2 and having to save after every battle isnear the top silly mistakes. For me anyways.

I'm going to download AP in 3 days. I cannot download anything until we get more GB for download. We're going from 12GB a moth too 100GB

Cannot wait to dowmnload AP. Last time i kept getting killed by the snakes. I didnt know to find the walkthrough.

I didnt even finished the download. I just installed after dieing like 22 times

Argh, how could I forget this?

In both Aveyond 1 and 2, I never joined any guilds because I thought there was going to be a 5th one after each. When I beat the game without finding the fifth guild, I thought I just missed it somewhere.

i don't know about my first rpg. i have done so many. mmorpgs. just plian rpgs. stuff that could be counted as an rpg. i think my first rpg was grow rpg. google it. sounds ridicolous, but i didn't know what rpg stood for, didn't know what those things were called "hit points". lol. google it. it's quite fun.

Guest βeta

My silly mistakes? I think it's one in AV1. When Rhen is going to Veldarah, I think the right way is going down the ladders. When Rhen tries to defeat the 4 spiders. She is dead. I try again the second time. She is dead again. Until I realised that Rhen should not go down the ladders. But, go over the bridge. It's my silly mistake.