Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

If you could have any super-power... (Newsletter)

I have always thought flying would be fun if it could be controlled and if the person in the air can breathe at the higher altitude.

I like the idea of teleportation and the gift of tongues.

Wow, there are so many fans of teleport!

I wonder about those couple of you who wanted the power to control the earth... I mean ... what would you DO with it? Throw it at the sun? Make us spin faster until we fill the oceans with our own vomit?

Well, there's no right or wrong answers here. Im surprised nobody has picked Immortality and/or Invulnerability. Nobody said anything about super-genius either! Come on, those are classics! Who DOESNT want to be able to create a death ray out of a toaster and a car battery?

-TheFool

PS: My death ray also makes great toast... just remember not to press the trigger down very far.

I'd, hmmm... like to be able to breathe underwater, now that I think of it. I love swimming, so...

Oh, but Tei's "tounge" ability is cool.

Or maybe an ability similar to the character Diana LaTroy from Star Trek: The Next Generation's ability: To be able to sense strong emotions. That would be helpful when I'm trying to tell if my parents are angry at me. :)

Aisling-

Are you saying that Ahriman, Gyendal, Heptitus are insane, and Te'ijal and Galahad are too, to a certain extent? Or are you saying that Ahriman, Gyendal Heptitus, and Te'ijal are insane, and so is Galahad, to a certain extent? *Is confused since your using of a smilee between "Te'ijal" and "and".*

Te'ijal is not insane!!! (in Aveyond 3...)

In Aveyond 1, she's nutcase.

Also, judging by Aveyond 3, I think it should be "Ahriman, Heptitus, and Gyendal. (Not to mention Galahad. And Te'ijal, to a certain extent)

At least Te'ijal isn't suicidal!! OK, so neither of them are insane... but Galahad has [d]denial[/d] a lot of issues.

Anyways, Tei's "Tounges" skill does seem cool.

phoneixalia- Time travel, though it's cool, could mess up varouis things... you must be careful when time-traveling.... (note: Time turner- but that turns out good...)

Time travel always makes my head explode when I try to figure out how things work. >.>

Also, immortality has some serious issues attached. I mean, how would it be if you never aged? You'd have to be constantly moving around to disguise that fact. And if you did age? Then you'd just be aging forever and ever and that would suck.

Well said, Rena!

That's why I don't think immortality is that good. Hmm, that reminds me of the book Tuck Everlasting...

And time-travel is confusing. No matter how many times I read the book/see the movie, HP3 is still really confusing.(To me, anyways.)

I actually thought of Tuck Everlasting too. XD

I read it in sixth grade, and my sister proposed the question of what would happen to them once the world ended. Since they still couldn't die. (Space wanderers?)

I could never understand how seeing yourself doesn't just start a never-ending time-loop. (Shouldn't that you then go on to see another you who will then see another you who will...?)

At my age, being able to remember what I read would be a super power!

But if I had to choose one, it would be teleport without error, hands down.

Then I could go to someplace cool when it's hotter than blue blazes here in Florida, and I could go over and research documents in the General Archive of the Indies in Seville, Spain, any time I wanted to.

And go lots of other great places, too, like visiting family or doing genealogical research in all those places I can't afford to go!

Indeed, it does get deathly hot and moquito-y in FL. :D

@Rena: I do shy away from thinking to hard about time travel. When I do think too hard about it, it's like a slowly building explosion building and building until it suddenly explodes. Like over-filling a large water balloon.

Although I never thought too much about immortality. New thing to think about. :0

As for the mirrors, it's difficult to undertand two facing mirrors, and when you put your hand in between. 0.o

lol, true. Tebow might have aquired ALOT.

Bieng able to stand the heat and repelling mosquitos might be a super-power, though. :D

Go Gators!

width=300http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/Kris356/college_florida_90-1.jpg[/img]

Another super-power....

To be able to eat as much Cocoa Puffs as possible and not gain an ounce of wieght. I'm a sucker for kid's cereal. :oops:

Wow, the Florida group is growing. :)

It would be nice to be able to breathe underwater, and avoid pressure problems if you swam down to look at something and came up quickly.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. Though I'm a Floridian, I don't currently live there. *sigh*

I know what you mean. I get headaches if I get too low in water, before it gets dangerous. And what if I drop something in the water? That's problemous.

My first choice would be teleportation. It would make traveling easy again and give me so much more time without needing to commute.

My second choice would be telekinesis. The increased safety and practical uses are endless. :)