Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
sana96

He Had Cared [GON Spoliers] One-Shot

IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED GON PLEASE DO NOT CONTINUE

Author's Note: The Flash Back takes place a century after Rhen's quest. Two centuries before LOT and GON.

Te'ijal

Gyendal

---

He Had Cared

Sana96

She sat in front of the mirror. Her eyes were no longer bloodshot red, Her skin was no longer white, She had become mortal. So had Galahad and her brother.

Her brother, her elder brother. They were brother and sister till he found out about the orbs. He wanted the sun to go but she didn't. She loved the sun. And...she didn't want her brother to enslave humans. but of course no one knows of that. But even before the orbs, came the death of their parents, who died when she was around 550 years old. Father got staked and mother went into shock at the news and after that she died. And she left with Rhen; when she came back she spent her time on Galahad, and he was with his magic. So they became more distant; they spent more time away from each other. She sat thinking about the good old times...before the incidents happened. And one truly reminded her about the fact that he had cared.

It was raining, pouring hard. She sat there waiting for Galahad, her husband, to come along. Even he wouldn't try to kill him self when it's raining.

'Wait. Rain in Gedh'ahre? How is that possible?'

She made her way to her brother's house; Galahad would have to wait. 'This rain, It's impossible'

She kept telling herself that it's probably Gyendal with his magic, maybe he's showing of to the other vampresses, but then again Gyendal has never been that kind of guy.

She waited for him to respond to her knock.

"What?" An irritated voice asked as the door opened. Somehow he already knew it was his younger sister at the door.

"How did you know?"

"Know what?"

"That it was me at-"

"Your knock is always like a bang on the door."

"Ouch."

"Now what do you want?"

"Look at it yourself."

"Somehow it's raining here. I suspect a human mage behind this." Gyendal’s loud voice echoed through the hall as the people of Ghed'ahre listened carefully. Te'ijal was standing behind Gyendal, on a platform; Galahad standing beside her.

"But Gyendal why would -a human mage- do something like that? Surely they can't be that stupid."

"I don't know..." His voice trialed off at the response,

"It's too dangerous to go check in the forest."

"What shall we do?"

"Get to the bottom of this. Me and my sister shall go to the forest."

"Agreed. You two can take care of your selfs easily."

"I still can't believe your husband didn't want to accompany us Te'ijal! We could use his physical abilities against magic resistant creatures! Does he want us all to be extinct?!?"

"Pretty much."

"I was being sarcastic."

"But your point was exactly correct. Don't worry I'll take care of the 'Magic Resistant Creatures.' " She paused and added, "Should there be any."

He scowled at her.

'Don't worry I'll take care of magic resistant creatures. Should there be any.' The thought kept running through his head, and automatically forming a scowl on his face.

"What are you so upset about?"

"I..uh...There's MUD sticking all over my shoes!"

She smiled,

"Your not good at lying, dear brother." Her mocking voice replied making him even more angry.

"I'll have you know that I...I'm a very hygienic vampire. I find it nice being clean."

Te'ijal screamed in laughter, "You have become very amusing, elder brother."

The reply however was followed by a burn,

"Ouch! What do you want to burn me to death?!? Go ahead! Let's see you finish this task without me!"

He looked away.

"You were right. But why-"

"Like I care why he is doing it. Let's just kill him and get over it. We shall have good treat as well."

Te'ijal looked down; She didn't want to kill the human... but he was flooding Gedh'ahre.

"Foolish human he shall get himself killed today."

"It matters not. You know that."

"Of course."

"I shall have a good feast today."

"Ahh That was satisfying."

"Sure."

Silence.

"You know ever since you defeated that demon, you have become so...so soft."

"And the problem is?"

"Your a vampire."

"I repeat, and the problem is?"

"Vampires don't have a soft spot or in your case soft spots for their food."

This answer however was followed by a slap.

"I'm your younger sister not your servant. You can dish your dirt on someone else. Now shut up and lets get going."

However, she wondered:

'Not even a burn? Why has he not reacted to my slap?'

And had no idea her brother was thinking the same thing.

"It was a foolish human mage." He paused, "Without garlic."

There were laughs all over by the comment. However one Vampire didn't find it humorous at all.

"It disgusts me."

"Galahad you refuse to eat! What will it take?"

Later that night he told her about the lie, about why he really had scowled.

She sighed. Reality came back to her. It had been two hundred years since that, and yet it felt like...like yesterday. He cared for her that time. Not as much as when they were kids; but he cared. And now all she can say is he had cared.

The End.

My One-shot on Te'ijal and Gyendal's brother and sister relation ship. I hope you like it! :)

Very nice. And a good shot at seeing GoN from another perspective. It's too easy to forget that Gyendal is actually Te'ijal's brother. It was good you thought to explore that relationship.

Wish there was more to follow.

Well I'm really busy right now, I never even planned a continuation for it. But now that you mention it, there is an open ending. I just might add something later =)