Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aveyond06

Ahriman's Prophecy v2.2

Greetings,

I am going to release in July or August, 08, a revamped version of AP 2.1 from Amaranth.

I would like you to tell me everything that you did not really like in AP 2.1 (from bugs to dialogues). While not remaking the whole game, I will however try to do my best to fix those bugs in the Magic system notebely.

This may belong to the AP discussion, but since its more of a homemade game developing, I will just post that here.

Ya, kinda long ago, but I gave up the project for like 6 month before beginning again.

Please people post suggestions about it :)

(Mainly bug fixes, but also some new stuff)

Important bug fix: A lot of people have the game crash/glitch when a cutscene starts. The usual spots are after the fight with Zorom to rescue Alicia and after the final battle with Ahriman. With Zorom, the game crashes; with Ahriman, the player is just left wandering in the room with no cutscene starting.

We think this is due to the player hitting too many keys (i.e., ESC and/or space) when the cutscene is being triggered.

Can this be looked into?

Ooh, another bug I see a lot:

The wild dog that is guarding the fishing pole in the cave north of Devenshire sometimes is "invisible". The player walks past the spot where the dog should be, gets the fishing pole, and then hits an "invisible wall" on the way back out. The appearance of the dog doesn't always get triggered properly.

Aveyond06 : And maybe you could do something about the cliff walls in Thial Mountain Pass in certain areas because the player could go up and down the wall like that ... or was it meant that way ? >_>

Haha I'll try to work on the Ara Fell feeleing with all the cute mouses, rabbits running around Aloria and Selena/Sedona/whatever. :D

And Davin looks great :P :P

I think having an internal map would be awesome. Also, a bug that has prevented me from picking AP up again and actually finishing: I completely lost my ship. I can't finish the game because of it. I'm stuck. I can't remember what exactly people said had caused it... but there was no way to find it again. I'd have to start over. I think it had something to do with the... chick in the glass.... Whatever her title is. >.>

<.<

^.^

What should be fixed is the battle with the girl at the ghost town.

It happened many times to me that after defeating the dark sprite the character couldn't move, or could go talk to the forest guardian but then couldn't walk away at all, or the charecter could move on the level with the guardian but couldn't climb down the stairs and got stuck at the stairs. Sometimes this was fixed for me when I just pressed Esc and then returned back to the game, but sometimes not and I had to reload the saved file.

Hmm, I don't mind the system in AP cause it is faster but true that the system in Av makes it all more organized.

Another thing: It would be nice if the NPC or of course not all but at least the important ones changed what they're saying according to how the plot in the game goes on. I'm thinking specially at Astera and the director in the collegium in Thais: I find it very disappointing that they will keep talking about how I have to go to Dyuti Shrine even when it's already so long since I've been there, but they will just keep saying that until the end of the game whenever I come to them. I would really love if they could get some different lines to say later in the game when this quest is already behind me.

i personally found AP pretty damn near perfect. the only thing that could use fixing in my eyes in the spells/use item system.

Allright.

The do-to list is as follows :

*Fixing the bug with the wild dog.

*Fixing the ending bug.

*Making more spells, making them interesting

*Making Devin's Limit Breaks (his spells) more effective

*Giving some other characters magic power (spells)

*Fixing the bug with the girl (has to do with eventing)

*Remaking a bit the Elden, Devenshire, Thais maps. (makes me think of a AV1 bug at Veldarah)

*Making some NPCs more interesting

*Adding some music (in the tragic styles, like Dyuti Shrine)

*Fixing the passability problems in Devenshire, Elden, World Map (yeh), Thais Mountains.

*Better cutscenes, perhaps 3D if I have time

So far it's everything I see...Any other suggestions?

Oh and can't wait until it's released. I've played the original version already and it's really good. However, I don't really like it's battle system. For this one, you are going to use Aveyond's battle system or something similar, right?

I got a few, A exp bar,more attacks for jack,something happening to Devins sister, changing party leaders, using items in battle and bieng able to see the characters lvl. thats it. and i think he means the trees in eden.