Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Calixte9

Destiny: "You Were Never My Friend"

Well, I've played a bit, and I have one negative thing to say. Sorry, but this is important feedback, I think:

Your characters sound... robotic. The plot is interesting, the game is fun, but the characters sometimes... they sounds mechanical. (I'm playing with Lynette for the example)

Example:

Mom:

Good morning Dear, I have some bad news. At the meeting yesterday the town's citizens came to the conclusion that it would be best if all school-aged children are moved to a school in another part of the country.

Lynette:

But Mum, why?

Mom:

As you already know, they discovered your school's water supply contains toxic chemicals which may affect the growth and development of the students. Our Mayor has discussed with others around the area and found a new school for all students to attend but this means that you won't be able to return until the end of the school term. Hopefully this will only be a temporary problem. Pack your belongings and tell Abigail, help her with her packing and take good care of her. The boat leaves this afternoon so you should have plenty of time.

--

Maybe, you should try something more natural, like:

Mom:

Good morning, dear.

Lynette:

Mum, is something wrong?

Mom:

I... have some bad news.

Lynette:

What is it, mum?

Mom:

At the meeting yesterday the town's citizens came to the conclusion that it would be best if all school-aged children are moved to a school in another part of the country.

Lyentte:

But, mum, why?!

Mom:

As you already know, they discovered your school's water supply contains toxic chemicals which may affect the growth and development of the students. Our Mayor has discussed with others around the area and found a new school for all students to attend.

But, this means that you won't be able to return until the end of the school term. Hopefully this will only be a temporary problem.

Please pack your belongings and tell Abigial, help her with her packing and please take good care of her as well. The boat leaves this afternoon, so you should have plenty of time.

---

Not that exactly, but similar, maybe. But, that's just what I think.

Please don't rush me. I know I haven't been working on it very fast but you must realise that this is an one person project unlike a lot of other games. This means that if I'm unavailable then there will be no progress on it at all. I will have it out, I do have my goals and I really don't need any more pressure than I already have.

I have a lot of mapping to do in this release, something I'm not particularly good at so I take quite a bit of time doing that plus my indecisiveness makes for what others may view as little progress.

I've seen two versions of this game I don't know witch one, well there a error when I save my game

(Again this my be the old version!!) :oops:

Edit:Yep I still get that error so if I play I have to play threw and keep starting over again! :dual:

adriana wrote:

I've seen two versions of this game I don't know witch one, well there a error when I save my game

(Again this my be the old version!!) :oops:

Edit:Yep I still get that error so if I play I have to play threw and keep starting over again! :dual:

The error when saving that I know of really shouldn't come up in the current version, as too the extent of me testing it is know longer present. A reminder that saves from older version will not work after the update, and even having them in the folder will cause an error.

Yes, this reply is late and long over due however I've been working on other things lately and have left this in to my to do pile. It may or may not be picked up seriously very soon but I do hope to get back to it some time. Many apologies for my procrastinating ways but it's something I've not managed to get over.

Your game looks very promising.I like the battle features and the day/night system.Makes the game more realistic.So approximately how long does the demo run as compared to the original?

Take your time to finish the game and take it easy, but don't take too long :D

Also,does your game feature the random battling system or are monsters visible? I prefer the latter but anyways,ur game is good overall :)

The monsters are visible and therefore avoidable and will disappear when killed, reappearing upon re-entering the map. I can't say how long the game will be when completed, but I'd say this current version plays for about an hour. It is lacking some of the features I have already created to make school more interesting though, and will probably be fairly boring if you play and the end of the demo isn't defined so the game won't tell you when it is no longer possible to progress in the story.

This is, after all, a casual project I started a while ago to see if I could actually make an interesting game so I'm not too committed to it however I will most likely finish it some time but I can't really say when.

hey guys, what's with the violet forest? =.=" oh yeah, wolves are so hard to kill.. x___x" please help..

BTW,

how should I go to oak tree? =w=