Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheFool

Post Your Favorite Quotes! - Amaranth Newsletter

Wait, where are these Agas and Aesma quotes from?! (maybe it's a Build B thing?)

OK, since Tei is using StarChaser quotes, I am going to use a Warlock's Pendant quote! XD

Game Quote(s):

"Light isn't always a blessing, it is sometimes a curse." - Warlock's Pendant (XD, that means me.)

"With no way to return... is it really fair?" Eternal, created by Ryo.

Book Quote(s):

"'Pon my word, Watson, you are coming along wonderfully. You have done very well indeed. It is true you have missed everything of importance," - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The mystery it was in was A Case of Identity.

Fanfic Quote(s):

"She smiled at her approaching destruction," - Marabelle's short story Waiting.

-

Yup. I have no famous people quotes, etc.

OK, thanks. :)

*tries to think of more quotes*

*succeeds*

"What is reality?"- Eternal, created by Ryo

"Winning and not losing are two very different things."- Eternal, created by Ryo. (if I remember correctly, this was from the end of the demo.)

"Don't panic yet. Stay calm until we know what's going on. Then we'll panic." —Rodimus Prime

“That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with stranger aeons, even Death may die.” - H. P. Lovecraft

At least... Lovecraft is famous. =)

now that you say that first one, bemused...

"can we panic now?" --Ron Weasily, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (movie)

oh, and Rena, the plague of sunshine and fairies was kaz all the way. i borrowed it later XD and yes, that "idiotic way in which you're doing it" quote was once in my signiture XD and err! i forgot to put that good advice quote! XD

and this one: "reailty is standable when you make it a joke." --marianfrae (i get the feeling i speleld that wrong...)

now that you say that first one, bemused...

"can we panic now?" --Ron Weasily, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (movie)

oh, and Rena, the plague of sunshine and fairies was kaz all the way. i borrowed it later XD and yes, that "idiotic way in which you're doing it" quote was once in my signiture XD and err! i forgot to put that good advice quote! XD

and this one: "reailty is standable when you make it a joke." --marianfrae (i get the feeling i spelled that wrong...)

Hmm Let's see. Just a few out of a bunch of quotes I like to keep.

Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly

-Langston hughes.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

e.e cummings

It's extraordinary how we go through life with eyes half shut, with dull ears, with dormant thoughts. Perhaps it's just as well; and it may be that it is this very dullness that makes life to the incalculable majority so supportable and so welcome. Nevertheless, there can be but few of us who had never known one of these rare moments of awakening when we see, hear, understand ever so much — everything — in a flash — before we fall back again into our agreeable somnolence

-Joseph Conrad

There is a weird power in a spoken word... And a word carries far — very far — deals destruction through time as the bullets go flying through space.

-Joseph Conrad

There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

-Joseph Conrad

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, Year after year,

-Pink Floyd

The Poet and the painter casting shadows on the water as the sun plays on the infantry returning from the sea. The do-er and the thinker: no allowance for the other as the failing light illuminates the mercenary's creed.

-Jethro Tull

Light, seeking light, doth light of light beguile;

So ere you find where light in darkness lies,

Your light grows dark by losing of your eyes.

-W.Shakespeare

There's music in the sighing of a reed;

There's music in the gushing of a rill;

There's music in all things, if men had ears:

Their earth is but an echo of the spheres.

~Lord Byron

Humor is a reminder that no matter how high the throne one sits on, one sits on one's bottom. ~Taki

As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold. ~Author Unknown

"Beato is stupid. After all, all blond girls are stupid anyway!" - Lambdadelta (who is blond.)

"Maria, you're ten years too early to tell someone to eat you. But... tell me that ten years later, ok?" - Ushiromiya Battler

these are all anonymous quotes as far as I know,but I really like them :

1.If swimming is so good for your figure,how do you explain whales?

2.He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke.

3.Bad luck is bending down to pick up a four-leaf clover and getting infected by a poison-ivy ;)

4.Those who think they know everything are very annoying to those of us who do ;)

5.A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking ^^

6.Experience is what you get when you dont get what you want

7.Time is a wonderful teacher....unfortunately,it kills all it's pupils

8.If english language made any sense,lackadaisical would have something to do with shortage of flowers.

9.Tears cannot bring you joy,but joy can bring you tears :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Knowledge is power.

Power corrupts.

Study hard, be evil."

:evil:

when life gives you lemons, you stuff them in your bra to make your boobs look bigger

There's no shame in it, Raziel - revenge is motivation enough. At least it's honest. Hate me, but do it honestly.

(been replaying soul reaver 2. got so many good quotes in it)

"To win a war you will have to prepare yourself to loose it"

can't remember who wrote.sorry.

This next one is that that i didn't liked a lot-

"Start by doing whats needed then whats possible then suddenly you are doing impossible"

Oooh!I have also played soul reaver 2.I remember i got stuck somewhere or maybe i lost any interest in it becase i got stuck somewhere and found it really difficult to get out of it.(or maybe fighting was hard)(my bad memory)

“Here’s to cheating, stealing, lying and drinking."

why?

"If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman’s heart; if you lie, may you lie beside the one you love; and if you drink, may you drink with me.”

XD

and another one:

"YAMAI-SAMA! -dies-

WAIT I CANNOT DIE! I HAVE TO LISTEN TO YAMAI-SAMA OVER AND OVER D: "

I read one by Saul Williams last week I liked; also for the record I consider him the greatest poet of our day.

"The greatest Americans haven't been born yet, they are waiting patiently for the past to die."

“...there are times when you cannot fault the tool. You don't blame the dagger for slicing the throat. You blame the hand holding it...You can hate the deed, the act, but you cannot hate the tool."

from one of my fav fanfics.

note, its not a play on 'love the sinner, hate the sin' as this quote deals with more military/less free will stuff. An example is if you're a soldier and ordered to kill. As a soldier, you're taught/drilled/(in the fanfic universe, beaten) to follow orders without question and therefore is the tool. The general ordering you to kill on the other hand...

@arggie: pretty much. by itself, a weapon is harmless. but the person that's using the weapon? a whole different ballpark.

As I recall a story: A burgler broke into a house via the skylight above the kitchen. He fell and for some reason there was a knife left sticking up on the counter below the skylight. His fall on the knife injured him. He sued and won (that isn't related, but its funny).

Point is: Weapons aren't harmless, they're weapons. You dont need someone on the other end of one to be hurt by it. You can argue if its the weapons fault at all, but you can't call it harmless.

(and for those more interested in the burgler story, from what I know: It is illegal to boobytrap your house or to set any trap which may be dangerous. This is because emergency personnel may need access without warning and it constitutes a threat. The robber in this case made the argument that the knife was left like that just in case someone broke in as a trap. While he was guilty of tresspassing and vandalism, since nothing was stolen, the house owner was also guilty.)

@thefool: mm I disagree about the weapon =/= harmless.

Take a knife for example. Unless one puts it in such a way to harm someone (ie your burglar's knife has the tip is faced upward. seriously, that house owner was just asking for trouble leaving a knife out like that. What if a kid found it?) by itself it is merely a sharp piece of matter.

And really, every single object, and creature has the potential to be a weapon in some way yet i doubt most people would call them weapons or harmful. I can probably name at least 20 different ways to kill someone with non standard 'weaponry ie non knives/guns/bioterrorism and their ilk'. *thanks xena/jackie chan for unconventional weaponry demonstration*

Ok then, we'll just have to agree that we live in a dangerous world. Beyond that, I will not argue further... because that'd be foolish!

a fool not being foolish? highly unusual.

Unless we're talking shakespeare's fools who were rather witty/snarky instead of foolish. lol

@mage: I don't get your quote unless there's a typo. the only thing to fear is to fear itself? what is 'itself' since your fearing 'itself'? unless you mean "the only thing to fear is fear itself' which would mean itself = fear.

'pennies and whistles= power'

provided by bad translator lol