Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amaranth

Yummy Drink Factory ~ Your Input

Since this topic is alive again, I'll add my two cents worth as well. :)

I agree there's nothing wrong with diversity. There are plenty of people out there who would love Yummy Drink Factory.

I also agree with Nick, as to why most of the sales won't come from Amaranthia.

While I sometimes try them, I personally don't like most rush games because playing them makes my hand and wrist hurt. I love challenging puzzle games and RPGs that make me think.

I actually did try YDF. The most glaring thing I noticed doesn't seem to be mentioned here. This game simply doesn't work properly on my computer. For me, there is a marked lag between moving the mouse and what the cursor does on the screen. While it is possible to play, the lag makes gamesplay excruciating. I'd be very surprised if I were the only person who had this issue.

If I really wanted to play a rush game (which I don't really), there are plenty of other choices out there. YDF is not nearly so unique as the Aveyonds, so I'm even less inclined to go through the hassle of figuring out why it doesn't work. So, to YDF... possibly cute, but no thanks.

@KTC: there's no denying that they have commercial appeal. the casual games look amazing. But I think that based on the forums, people here are mostly RPG players.

(shrugs) Personally, I love both and I see nothing wrong with having different kinds of games here. To date, I have bought all of Amanda's games because I've learned to be open-minded and because she produces quality games. I have every intention of buying A Gypsy's Tale even though I don't normally like hidden object games because I've developed high expectations from Amanda.

And there's a whole section of this site dedicated to "cute" games - there definitely seems to be a market for them. Don't forget that not everyone who buys games will post on these forums.