Aveyond Studios Community
Hui

Where are you from?

I'm from Canada, but that's not very specific, is it? I live just north of Winnipeg in Manitoba. So, prarie city, 'bout 650,000. Where I actually live is rural, but I'm only 15 minutes by car from the edge of the city, so I practically live in Winnipeg.

Winnipeg's pretty cool, I guess. Sometimes it's frustrating that it's not bigger, because all the big cities in Canada (or the States) are literally days away so if there's something you like for shopping, and we don't have it, you're out of luck. Okay, so Calgary and Edmonton are /only/ 14 hours if you're driving, but still. Not exactly a day trip. Sometimes we'll head down to Minneapolis for a weekend, it's only about an 8 hour drive. But then you have to deal with customs and garbage.

The up sides of small city: you run into people you know pretty easy. My university is in downtown, and I literally bump into people I know walking down the street all the time. And if you're in a pub or something, meeting up with people you didn't know would be there's pretty likely. Especially on the weekend.

Demographically, we've got a pretty sizable French quarter (and of course, by French, I mean French-Canadian, although there's quite a few West Afrians as well) who, under no circumstances, should you imply have anything to do with Quebec :P We have a lot of Métis as well who may consider themselves more French or more Native depending on the family. Speaking of which, Aboriginal populations tend to be Cree or Ojibway. There's a lot of Filipino people in the city as well and we also have a huge Eastern-European population (Ukrainians, Poles, Serbs, et cetera) but that's pretty normal in Prarie Provinces.

Finally, if you've never heard of Winnipeg, remember this one thing: COLD. VERY COLD. In the winter there are days when it's literally dangerous to go outside (Google 'Wind Chill Warning'). With the winds, there are days when it's colder than -45^o C. Brutal. That being said, in the summer, with the humidex, we can get 40^o C. So basically, Winnipeggers have a wide variety of clothes.

Wow...Calcutta's awesome! =o

I am from Bulacan, Philippines. Just near it's capital, Manila. Hahaha!

There are many touristy locations even if it's third world. I hope it increases to second world soon as it's kinda developing to be better! =D

Aveyond Rocks <3

Hi - I am from a small town in Western Washington State, about 90 miles south of Seattle. I love to go 'a Viking' with my hubby (a superhero in his own right) and we can be be found making road trips all over. Last spring we drove to Minnesota and up the North Shore to attend a funeral, and loved every minute of the trip. We are planning some trips to Oregon's Wine country soon, and wish we could travel the world. We are fortunate and our gratitude meter always rides at 'Full'! In the mean time hearing about where everyone lives is wonderful. Thanks to ALL <3

Greetings all.

I am from Australia, I live in the state of Victoria. Not sure how rare it is here but I actually live on a farm, 7 minute drive from town and only 20 minutes away from the closest city.

We don't milk cows or have any animals except for our pets, my Father grows things instead(mostly grain and hay?).

Politics aren't the best here, we've been taken over by the opposition a few years ago and they've changed things and wasted a TON of our money(also borrowing Billions of dolars from china to hand out a so called 'stimulus package' which eligble citizens recieve $900, millions recieved it of course though I missed out). Apparently the current government also wants to censor our internet...bad move, people will find a way around it.

The weather down here is currently dark and cloudy, nice to see some rain for a change :). I take it not many people are from Austrlia/New Zealand here :lol:.

wow!! i've never visited an actual farm ^.^

It must be really active out where you live. I always wanted to visit australia but our last vacation got cancelled,bummer. :/ So have you seen the great barrier reef? :blink:

Valkyriet wrote:

wow!! i've never visited an actual farm ^.^

It must be really active out where you live. I always wanted to visit australia but our last vacation got cancelled,bummer. :/ So have you seen the great barrier reef? :blink:

I've never seen it unfortunately, never been over the sea either, so I haven't even seen Tasmania.

Well it is rather active here since my Dad is constantly working on the farm and my mother spends a lot of time doing housework/bookwork and playing tennis etc. It's peaceful most of the time though, I can play the drums at any time knowing that it wont disturb any neighbours, guitar doesn't have to be quiet unless people are trying to sleep.

It's beautiful when it rains though, you always get a clear view of the sky and rain is nice and clean...unless it's been dry and windy and dust goes everywhere, then it's messy haha.

Autumn is coming up in 2 days...can't wait for the seasons change to take effect. I love autumn :).

little_june wrote:

@ MichaelTheCrow

wow

you have a great home town

Maybe I will visit Australia this year

^_^

Well I wouldn't call it a town, several km away is a few houses and a gas station but that's it, the rest is just farmland.

Having heaps of space to run around with trees and natural objects + house, sheds, machinery and walls make a great location for playing outdoor Lazer Tag :).

No Kangaroos or Koalas here though, just cows :lol:.