Aveyond Studios Community
Hui

Where are you from?

Galahad:

[qoute]We have Hawker-Beechcraft, Boeing, Cessna, Spirit, Mcdonald-Douglas, and a small showing of Airbus.

as in you have their planes in a museum, their companies all have locations there or what?

I am from Tenino, Washington. We are very small, only 6 'blocks' in our 'downtown' and so far no stop-light. My hubby works in Olympia for the State of Washington, and I am a bookkeeper for a Landscaping company. I like the smallness of our town, but I also like to go to Seattle for concerts and just to enjoy an urban atmosphere. I have traveled in British Columbia and Mexico, and loved visiting Honolulu.

It is awesome to hear that we are from so many places and we all have a love of amaranthia in common.

(woah 57 pages...wonder if anyone will see this)

iam from Dubai *u.a.e* and contorary to beliefs we dont have oil wells in our backyard.its usuallly 45-50 degrees in summer and so on-in winter it only rains-_-,(when that happens sharjah usually floods,bad drainage)

most of the school's seperate as in were not co-ed,its home to the tallest builiding in the world, burj khalifa.

i live in jebel ali which is-i think-the suburbs of dubai(a.k.a: the middle-ehm,sorry, the end of nowhere)i was born in dubai but iam from india.

i have the a/c on full time(although my maid doesnt like it...)and i wore my jacket to the beach(in spring)

omg i wrote too much i should just end here.(hope ur still awake after reading this)kk just one last thing i would LOVE to travel to Canada(Snow!!)so we(family) went to switzerland already(second best thing),but still...

@bevel: lol i am also from India.And i also want to travel to switzerland.(I haven't yet)

lol why ac full time.I don't switch on my ac much.

Nice to know about you. :)

@ connie - urs sounds like a quiet neighbourhood ^.^ I'm really fond of suburbs and countrysides-a much peaceful atmosphere prevails,unlike the city,lol xD

@ beverlee - sweet! One of my best friends lives in Dubai but I've heard it's a really beautiful place. It's nice to know about your hometown ^.^

@ kbjkl - Probably because we don't have temperatures of 45-50 degrees around here in summer ,unless you live in the south or in delhi.

@ kbljkl-yes yes i know it seems strange(to have the ac on full time)but if you dont , then you will roast in your own house(but only during summer).i went to mumbai in july, it was freakin cold and it was raining REALLY badly but then who am i to say that considering i live here!

Yeah but i try to avoid ac as much as i can.Who will pay the bill for me?? I try to stay in fan or in cooler till 40 degree.45 if cooler is on.but ac is much better but still who will pay the bill for me??

@ watershine-coool cherry blossoms,next best thing i want to see before i die(already seen snow!!)eh you're in America, they have cherry blossoms in America?

@ kbljkl-my parents pay the bills..*giggle*

BEVERLEE wrote:

they have cherry blossoms in America?

Yup, the Chinese government gave the US government thousands of cherry blossom trees as a token of friendship in the early 1900s. Washington, D.C. has an annual National Cherry Blossom Festival every spring.

I have a Kwanzan Flowering Cherry in my front yard :)

width=300http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d57/Argoyle19/Flowers/IMG_4639.jpg[/img]

There's lots of cherry blossoms here in my school... When wind blows and the petals fall, it really is like what we see in anime scenes. I really pity the cleaning service though... They had to sweep up the flowers.

@ Argoyle - awesome photo. My plum trees are in full flower right now, and my apple tree is getting ready to amaze me. The Magnolia is just bursting out too.

@ Beverlee - so happy to meet you! I have seen your country only on TV, as that is the way I see most of the world (lol).

Connie,

It sounds like you are in a peaceful neighborhood.

Beverlee,

It is nice to hear more about places mostly seen on tv. Wat is your favorite part about your hometown.

Argoyle,

Your tree is beautiful in the picture. :D

@ rifle - Yays! welcome to AM :D

In case you're wondering about my sudden hyper state - I'm from india too ^.^

Although, to be truthful, one glance at the email id

in your profile here told me you were indian :D